PDA

View Full Version : Double Murderer Buried at Arlington

marinemom
08-10-05, 06:21 AM
Murder Case May Prompt Change at Cemetery <br />
Senate Committee to Examine Rules That Permitted Killer's Burial at Arlington <br />
<br />
By Tara Bahrampour <br />
Washington Post Staff Writer <br />
Wednesday, August 10,...

Osotogary
08-10-05, 11:08 AM
Kind of sounds like any sort of Hall of Fame debate about the accomplishments of the sport figure on the field versus the off the field shennanigans of that same player, who ever that may be.
Except that I always thought that Arlington was sacred ground and should remain as pristine as can be. Conundrum is right. It's a tough call but he did serve honorably and that's the criteria at present.

hrscowboy
08-10-05, 12:36 PM
I have always believed that any national cemetary was sacred ground if we pass a law that does not allow this then it should be for all National Cemetarys not just arlington.. but then that would mean funeral homes would have to do a criminal background check on all veterans before there buried in a National Cemetary.

Joseph P Carey
08-10-05, 03:05 PM
If a DAV should be sentenced to prison for more than a year and a day, any disability check he receives would be forfeit, and he loses much of his VA Benefits. He is a convicted Criminal; Convicted...

Toby M
08-10-05, 04:41 PM
My feelings exactly, JPC...the key word here being "Honor"! What kind of honor can one have by being convicted of murdering an elderly couple? The guy couldn't even vote...As far as I am concerned, his ashes should have been tossed down an outhouse! What gave his sister the right to think he was a hero or even deserved being buried at Arlington?

tbruyle5
08-10-05, 07:37 PM
I agree with JPC. A convicted felon should lose his rights to ALL VA benifits, including burial at a National Cemetery!!
:marine: