PDA

View Full Version : Checking in, been a while.................

RichLundeen
08-08-05, 05:34 PM
I'm back home in Colorado for a bit, I hope this finds all well with you and yours!

RichLundeen
08-08-05, 05:50 PM
Here's a pic at FOB Delta, out in 'town', Fallujah.

MillRatUSMC
08-08-05, 06:05 PM
RichLundeen,
Thank you for your service in Iraq...all of you Marines have done a job beyond the call.
Also thanks for sharing your photos.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

RichLundeen
08-08-05, 06:08 PM
I'm a contractor for the Marine Corps now. That's why I have a crappy AK 47. I do have nice sidearms to choose from though!

It's really been a privilege for me the last couple of years. I may return, but if my CO has anything to say about (wonderful wife, Gina), I'll be staying home.

Either way, it's been great!

rsta
08-08-05, 06:17 PM
Welcome back, Rich! Your CO might just confine you to quarters for a time.

Bob

RichLundeen
08-08-05, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by rsta
Welcome back, Rich! Your CO might just confine you to quarters for a time.

Bob

Ha ha! That's for sure; both girls (Gina and daughter Ella) seem to have no interest in me leaving again. And I sure could see being back in the 'real world' again! Now if only I can find some silly enough to provide gainful employment, hmmmmmmmmm.............

I will admit that I have grown fond of being a Jarhead again, albeit a civvy contractor. Everything I've looked at work-wise back here seems, well, boring.

thedrifter
08-09-05, 10:39 AM
Welcome Back Rich....

Thank You for Your Service...

Ellie

PS When You get a chance drop me a line...

Osotogary
08-09-05, 11:35 AM
Welcome back! If memory serves me correct you had posted a picture of yourself awhile back by the airport. I think that you were wearing blue coveralls(?). Glad to hear that you are okay.

THATFEMALE
08-09-05, 02:47 PM
Welcome home. Thank you for your service. Semper FI

sgt.lane
08-09-05, 02:56 PM
Welcome back, THANKS FOR BEING THERE!!

outlaw3179
08-09-05, 05:31 PM
Hey welcome back Marine....take some well deserved rest and grab a beer ...Good Job out there !

Semper Fi

RichLundeen
08-09-05, 10:06 PM
Thanks all!

Yeah, that was the pic from last year, where they had just tore down 'Sad-man's' crap off the terminal. With a Recon team.

I'll post some more current 'Baghdad International Airport' pic; I was there again a few months ago.

Originally posted by Osotogary
Welcome back! If memory serves me correct you had posted a picture of yourself awhile back by the airport. I think that you were wearing blue coveralls(?). Glad to hear that you are okay.