PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Respect

outlaw3179
08-04-05, 02:39 PM
I just got an email from a buddy of mine who lives in Minnesota. He just attended the funeral for a Marine who was killed in Iraq. After the funeral there were some protestors. AT THE FUNERAL!!!!!!!! Thats complete bul***** !
I dont care if you are for or against the war . You dont disrespect the Marine or his family .
Im all for freedom of speech and the right to be happy . but dont disrespect the defenders of your freedom.
The following is the actual email he sent me

Thank you

Semper Fi

" I wanted to share with all of you what I saw today that absolutely blew my mind. This morning I went to a Memorial Service for a guy that I played one year of Jr. Hockey with. He is a Marine and was killed at the end of July while serving over in Iraq. When is wife spoke she said that he had saved the lives of six other Marine’s so they would be able to go home and see their families. To listen to her speak you could feel how proud she was of him, even though she lost him in a physical sense. Now like I said before I played one year of hockey with him back when I was 19 years old, and I hadn’t spoke to him sense, but what I saw outside of the church absolutely made me furious. I can’t imagine what his close friends and family must have thought…….. When we were walking up to the church one of the guys in the group who I just met said “you guys got my back if I go over there?” I had no idea what he was talking about until I looked up and saw a line of police cars with there lights flashing. On the side walk there were protesters. I saw signs that read “FAG (yellow ribbon between the words) TAG”, “GOD BLEW YOU UP”, AND “YOUR GOING TO HELL”. I just stood there in disbelief at what I was seeing. These nut cases had no dignity or respect. If they wanted to show there objection to the war there are many other places to hold a protest with out spitting in the face of a friends and family that are there to show respect to a person who has passed away. Go to the State Capital!!! What makes our country great is we can feel and express what we want. There are many people in this country that feel our country should not be over there, and this email my end up with some of those people with that belief. That is why it is great. My father served in a war and I know people who have gone over to Iraq, as will most of you, and served for MY FREEDOM. Thank you for letting me get this off my chest……

Matthew Hughes

Account Executive

Joseph P Carey
08-04-05, 03:22 PM
What can one say of this kind of activity? There are no words, no matter how salty, that can make a difference with these people! It is only hoped that the police will turn their heads and look the other way, or a judge will be lenient with the person that goes forward and breaks a jaw of an ass with the fist of retribution! Perhaps, a price to pay will be the price one must pay to teach these creeps civility! They are uninvited guests at a funeral, and they should be made to conform with the laws that protect the picketing of abortion clinics at the very least! But, they have no respect for themselves, how can we possibly think they would have respect for others?

c5down2
08-04-05, 05:47 PM
Maybe they should change it from Freedom of Speech to Freedom of Stupidity. One day these idiots will pay the price and I hope these families will be there to see it. If the country is so bad, there are many, many exits they can utilize to leave it. We need the room anyway!

Semper Fi all!

outlaw3179
08-04-05, 11:34 PM
I just saw on the news that this type of thing is almost common now at military funerals for personel who have died in Iraq. Completely ****** disgusting .

GunnyL
08-05-05, 12:39 AM
If I see some Sh*t like that, I'm going to need a lawyer! But damn it's going to feel good to get the aggression out!

GunnyL

CAR
08-05-05, 03:31 AM
That disgusts me. I'm so p*ssed to even hear that sh*t that I'm getting jittery. I am glad that in my local town and the nearby towns there has been great respect and support for fallen American Servicemen. Many people turn out to pay respect.

The way it should be.

Toby M
08-05-05, 09:08 AM
Same goes for my part of the country. There have been some good sized turnouts for local military funerals and NO demonstrations that I am aware of! I am seeing a great deal more respect and support for our military now than I ever have in the past (particularly Viet Nam ere). Must be something about living in a smaller city-different values!

Jersey Joe
08-05-05, 11:25 AM
What else can we expect?---this happened in Minnesota, the land of McGovern. You'll be sure to get a bunch of flakes up there!

Semper Fi

GySgtRet
08-05-05, 12:09 PM
I am shocked at this display of disrespect. I recently got back from a wedding, my daughter's in Hibbing MN. I have Virginia Vanity plates with Marine Corps Emblem and all of that. When asked about my military affiliation I proudly pipeup I am a retired Marine and get overwhelmed with respect. I just find it hard to take when S*IT HEADS like this desecrate like this.

Semper Fidelis