PDA

View Full Version : This is why we are having so many getting killed over there

marinefamily5
08-03-05, 03:07 PM
Almost 900 Detainees in Iraq Set Free in July, Officials Say
American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Aug. 1, 2005 – Almost 900 of the nearly 2,000 detainees held in brigade- and division-level internment facilities in Iraq were released in July, U. S. military officials in Baghdad reported.
"The release of detainees is a positive step toward the fundamentals of establishing a democracy," said Army Col. Arnaldo Claudio, the provost marshal for Multinational Corps Iraq, which oversees combat and stability operations in the country. "It is also an indication of Iraqi and coalition forces working together towards a common objective - a free and prosperous Iraq. "

The colonel emphasized that the detainees had been treated well. "Detainees are treated humanely and receive medical and dental care, as well as three meals per day, as they are processed through the detainee system," Claudio noted. "In addition to the health screening, detainee spiritual needs are addressed through access to a Quran and prayer rug. "

Claudio went on to say that the release of nearly 7,000 Iraqis from division and brigade internment facilities during the first six months of the year demonstrates the case review system set in place works.

(From a Multinational Force Iraq news release. )

Nagalfar
08-03-05, 04:34 PM
You will get no argument from me on that.. total PC Bullsh*t.. there is a lot I could say.. it would probably be best if I didn't... its a rather large point of anger with me.