PDA

View Full Version : New TV Series "Over There"

kentmitchell
07-31-05, 06:26 PM
Let's just hope the army isn't as f**ked up as what I saw on the first show of this series.
More angst than at a shrink's office.
And if you want to know why women shouldn't be there, this answers the question.

Joseph P Carey
07-31-05, 08:11 PM
I do not believe I have seen the show, where does it air?

bobpage
07-31-05, 10:55 PM
Kent, did you ever wonder why we do not get these shows? I know you know why. The Army really is that jakked up. We really would not be sexy enough for the morons who make this crap. And it is crap.

calisc2
07-31-05, 11:27 PM
Yup, they sure are! I worked with them and oh my GOD. Just be glad that you picked the best service.

Riven37
08-01-05, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Joseph P Carey
I do not believe I have seen the show, where does it air?

It aired with FX = Fox networks...in my area its on Weds at 10 PM. I've seen the show and I must say, I felt I was watching me 30 years ago. There is so much 60's Marine mixed in the show meaning much seems to be based on how the Corps was like in the 60's...Sgt yelling like a fool, the dumb filled with Cumb and that good old 19 year old hero who knows just how to fight the war. The only thing that is new is the woman which I thought was one big put down, making like none human and dumb people..however, it will be some what difficult for us old timers to understand because its not our war and its being fought in a different way.

Without nit pickin the show I thought it was good entertaiment with moments where the troops realize life is so fragile in war. The special effects were very good...look I SUPPORT the boys, men and woman in Iraq because NO ONE SUPPORTED ME in VIETNAM, and I HATED THE FEELING I WASN'T LIKED.

Us Nam vets had our show Tour of Duty, now, Over There is and beloongs to the newer vets of our brotherhood. for anyone don't down them , support them no matter how much you may dislike the show.