PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Miller Show-HBO

Phantom Blooper
07-29-05, 10:39 AM
For those of you who don't like Dennis Miller, who is not Jewish, you may want to re-consider as this is one of the most brilliant things he has ever done.

For those who don't know, Dennis Miller is a comedian who has a show called Dennis Miller Live on HBO. He is not Jewish, but he recently said the following about the Mid East situation:

"A brief overview of the situation is always valuable, so as a service to all Americans who still don't get it, I now offer you the story of the Middle East in just a few paragraphs, which is all you really need.

Here we go:

The Palestinians want their own country. There's just one thing about that: There are no Palestinians. It's a made up word. Israel was called Palestine for two thousand years. Like "Wiccan," "Palestinian" sounds ancient but is really a modern invention Before the Israelis won the land in the 1967 war, Gaza was owned by Egypt, the West Bank was owned by Jordan, and there were no "Palestinians."

As soon as the Jews took over and started growing oranges as big as basketballs, what do you know, say hello to the "Palestinians," weeping for their deep bond with their lost "land" and "nation."

So for the sake of honesty, let's not use the word "Palestinian" any more to describe these delightful folks, who dance for joy at our deaths until someone points out they're being taped. Instead, let's call them what they are: "Other Arabs Who Can't Accomplish Anything In Life And Would Rather Wrap Themselves In The Seductive Melodrama Of Eternal Struggle And Death."

I know that's a bit unwieldy to expect to see on CNN. How about this, then: "Adjacent Jew-Haters." Okay, so the Adjacent Jew-Haters want their own country. Oops, just one more thing. No, they don't. They could've had their own country any time in the last thirty years, especially two years ago at Camp David. But if you have your own country, you have to have traffic lights and garbage trucks and Chambers of Commerce, and, worse, you actually have to figure out some way to make a living.

That's no fun. No, they want what all the other Jew-Haters in the region want: Israel. They also want a big pile of dead Jews, of course --that's where the real fun is -- but mostly they want Israel.

Why? For one thing, trying to destroy Israel - or "The Zionist Entity" as their textbooks call it -- for the last fifty years has allowed the rulers of Arab countries to divert the attention of their own people away from the fact that they're the blue-ribbon most illiterate, poorest, and tribally backward on God's Earth, and if you've ever been around God's Earth, you know that's really saying something.

It makes me roll my eyes every time one of our pundits waxes poetic about the great history and culture of the Muslim Mid east. Unless I'm missing something, the Arabs haven't given anything to the world since Algebra, and, by the way, thanks a hell of a lot for that one.

Chew this around and spit it out: Five hundred million Arabs; five Million Jews. Think of all the Arab countries as a football field, and Israel as a pack of matches sitting in the middle of it. And now these same folks swear that if Israel gives them half of that pack of matches, Everyone will be pals..

Really? Wow, what neat news. Hey, but what about the string of wars to obliterate the tiny country and the constant din of rabid blood oaths to drive every Jew into the sea? Oh, that? We were just kidding.

My friend Kevin Rooney made a gorgeous point the other day: Just reverse the numbers. Imagine five hundred million Jews and five million Arabs. I was stunned at the simple brilliance of it. Can anyone picture the Jews strapping belts of razor blades and dynamite to themselves? Of course not.

Or marshaling every fiber and force at their disposal for generations to drive a tiny Arab State into the sea? Nonsense. Or dancing for joy at the murder of innocents? Impossible. Or spreading and believing horrible lies about the Arabs baking their bread with the blood of children?

Disgusting.

No, as you know, left to themselves in a world of peace, the worst Jews would ever do to people is debate them to death.

Mr. Bush, God bless him, is walking a tightrope. I understand that with vital operations in Iraq and others, it's in our interest, as Americans, to try to stabilize our Arab allies as much as possible, and, after all, that can't be much harder than stabilizing a roomful of super models who've just had their drugs taken away.

However, in any big-picture strategy, there's always a danger of losing moral weight. We've already lost some. After September 11th our president told us and the world he was going to root out all terrorists and the countries that supported them. Beautiful. Then the Israelis, after months and months of having the equivalent of an Oklahoma City every week and then every day) start to do the same thing we did, and we tell them to show restraint.

If America were being attacked with an Oklahoma City every day, we would all very shortly be screaming for the administration to just be done with it and kill everything south of the Mediterranean and east of the Jordan.

Walk in peace! Be Happy! Have a wonderful life!

Joseph P Carey
07-29-05, 11:40 AM
If anyone knows of Miller (Remember Monday Night Football), they would know that Miller is a very staunch American Conservative as far as his politics go, which is unusual for a comedian in today's age of "It is only funny if it is about the President" Comedy scene.

The fact is, Miller's Comedy is aimed at the educated. It is thought Comedy with words of six letters or more the meaning of which is not understood by many. Often people have heard what he has said, and his Comedy Routine of "If I were President of the United States..." struck a cord with Middle America some years ago. All I can say is, "Go get `em Dennis!"

yellowwing
07-29-05, 12:54 PM
That place has always been a recipe for disaster. Very constrictive geography with limited fresh water resources, large population crammed into valleys and mountain tops, scarce arid-able land.

A 3rd party suddenly turning over its colonial rule. The influx of foreigners with religious ties after WWII.

Diverse ethnicity's and established religions sharing ancient and sacred landmarks literally right next door to each other.

The Druse Muslims and the Hebrews get along quite well. The Druse are even valued members of the IDF. Hamas Muslims are of course a different story.

One person half kidded me, "Do you know why they call it the Holy Land? If you stand in the wrong place you end of full of holes!" You could get killed by a nail bomb or Maverick missile.

Joseph P Carey
07-29-05, 01:15 PM
Do you really want to hear what the Liberals and the Peaceniks think of Miller? And, Why??? Read on! This is just something I found to give you an idea of what they are thinking, even about 911. They are of the opinion that 911 was "The bad guys of course are those who kick back when they have been stomped on by an American boot."

Can we really deal with people like this on an intellectual level?

http://www.americanhotsausage.com/regime/regime4.htm

"Nine-11 changed me...I'm shocked that it didn't change the whole country, frankly."- Dennis Miller

Comedian Dennis Miller is the latest celebrity to typify the adage "a conservative is just a liberal who has been mugged." Like so many other liberals turned neo-con he speaks in hyper-vigilant terms about the U.S. needing to "get the bad guys."

The bad guys of course are those who kick back when they have been stomped on by an American boot.

Miller (of all people) talks fondly about bombing, war, revenge. He devotes a good deal of his new cable talk show to elevating Bush-fanaticism to a sublime place that borders on some twisted form of homo-erotica.

There he sits with gray in his beard, a paunch on his tummy, and a vocabulary that belies a book nerd rather than a warrior, obsessing about fighting and exerting muscle.

He says that 9/11 changed him. He got serious about war after that. All notions of peace and liberalism were dashed by the fear and anxiety he felt after a singular attack in New York.

He couldn't have had much conviction to be shaken so quickly from his previous beliefs. To be scared from your principles so easily is the mark of either a sissie or a man without morals.

Does anyone believe that Dennis Miller or the millions of middle-aged white men tossing out testosterone laden pro-military slogans are willing suit up their fat asses and fight directly in the battle for their policies?

Can you imagine what the wars of America would be like if they were fought by the ridiculous old men who start them and profit from them?

If there weren't a steady stock of surplus citizens in America with low levels of education and needs for the benefits given to military personnel, what would become of our war machine?

As we send young, poor, and colored kids to remote parts of the world on missions they neither understand nor benefit from, do we ever consider the possibility that we are using them scandalously for political ends rather than for defense of moral ideals?

I propose Americans institute a new law, one that requires Dennis Miller and those countless sugar butts across the country to take their candy asses to Iraq in a show of tangible support for the cause. It's easy to sit in a climate controlled TV or radio studio pontificating to a nation of pudgy girly men about gaining "peace through strength," but putting your manhood where your mouth is surely gives credibility to your argument - does it not?

It would be great to see Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Donald Rumsfeld, George Bush, and Dennis Miller, all strong war proponents without military service, lead a force of angry white males across the sands of Iraq. Can you imagine the fear that Charlton Heston and Dick Cheney leading a geriatric company would put in the hearts of lean young Iraqi soldiers?

What you have to hear in the overweening tirades of the fearful right-wing is something akin to hidden impotence. Military speak amongst those who avoided the military like a tax audit is little more than compensation for a masculine deficiency.

To be straight, bombs are their dicks. Their greatest defense is offense. All they know is insecurity and frightful notions of rape or be raped.

They're not warriors, soldiers, or fighters. Truth be told they're nothing but a cadre of pampered pansies who know more about martinis and buffets than cluster bombs and missiles. They best they can do is sound strong because they are physically and personally weak.

After all the smoke of super masculine posturing is cleared they are two steps from being fragile *****es and they know it.

One thing is crystal for me: I'm not going off to anyone's foreign country to fight for failed policies and to protect injustice and inequality - and I'm not such an abusive parent that I would support my kid doing so either. I love my child and the people of America, and I think if they are going to die for something it shouldn't be big money, oil, and the greed of fat old white men who are unwilling to fight themselves - or so send their own kids into harms way.

When the call comes in for soldiers to shuttle across the globe for some unspecified cause I think all of our response to the Bush's and Miller's and Limbaugh's should be....

"you go first."

That should stop war in its tracks.

Osotogary
07-29-05, 02:14 PM
Ahhh, once again, it's time for the theory folks to start practicin'... including D. Miller and his thesaurus.

Note: I don't know if I'd want a 500 lb bomb for my richard. A 250 pounder would do just fine.:)

eddief
07-30-05, 02:44 AM
I thought he was still socially liberal. Is that the case or no?

Joseph P Carey
07-30-05, 03:39 AM
Eddie, did you read what Left Wing Liberals think of someone that supports his country that was once a Liberal, and may still be?

Offer a different opinion to a Left Wing Liberal and you're a NAZI! Offer a Patriotic theme and you're a Fascist! Liberate a people and you're an enslaver! Teach people democracy and you're installing a puppet government! Give people the vote and you've rigged the elections! America goes to war against soldiers, and they are killing innocent civilians; the Insurgents blowup a populations of woman and children and non combatants, and they are misunderstood. Get your crap together Eddie!

The Liberal alternative, no, not the Liberal alternative, but the Far Left Wing's alternative is to allow anyone, other than America to violate treaties and agreements. Saddam violated his truce, and it was OK with you! North Korea violated its agreement brokered by Former President Carter for Former President Clinton whereby the USA will build Nuclear Power Plants for North Korea, and North Korea will not make Nuclear weapons, and its understandable for them to do so! North Vietnam violated their treaty, and its all right with you guys!

You Left Wingers are so full of garbage, Eddie! What unit did you graduate with, Eddie, the Che Guevarra Platoon? I guess it was all right for him to start revolutions, and to kill people, because he was what? A Leftist? And, the end satisfies the method, so long as it is autocratic leftist, and not free determination democratic?