PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice?!? i'm here to help y'all...

SlaveToTheCorps
07-28-05, 11:15 PM
Hello, Everyone! My name is Vanessa and I am a former Parris Island recruit...Former as in no longer in the military. I was on the Island for about 5 months-the whole time in FRP. I arrived on the 7th of February and was not off the Island until 23 of June. I was a MRS recruit due to a knee injury which never healed and I was sent home for it...but I'm still motivated and counting the days until I can return to the Island and finally accomplish what I set out to do; Become A United States Marine. I know that there are many recruits who end-up in STC [Special Training Company] for all deifferent reasons, if you have any quesitons in regards to STC or boot camp in general...I want to extend an invitation to send me an email or post it here and I will answer your questions as best I know how...and with the limited first-hand knowledge I do have...

*~*dobie*~*

Tegan
07-28-05, 11:40 PM
Hiya, Vanessa. I am going to PI soon. sometime this fall. My bf and bro are Marines, so I know the basics of the Corps. Im just wondering how the females go about 'personal things' in boot. shaving legs and stuff like that. what things did you learn there, even being in a STC. When can you re-enlist? Maybe we'll run into eachother!
Tegan

SLU_fly_girl
07-29-05, 09:57 PM
FRP?? MRS?? On the Island for five months. Left before earning the title and still motivated to return for Round 2..... Damn, girl! If that's not moto, I don't know what is. <br />
<br />
Stay Motivated...

SlaveToTheCorps
07-30-05, 01:19 PM
Trsut me, Chika...You don't have time to deal with that stuff. Shaving your legs? Dream on...you'll be lucky if you get a shower your first month or so there...haha...The shower in itself is about 1...

SlaveToTheCorps
07-30-05, 01:20 PM
Truthfully, I'd return as many times as it'd take to get that title! Boot camp is hard but it's fun! I had plenty of friends while I was in FRP who I made that were in all different phases of...

SLU_fly_girl
07-30-05, 04:20 PM
what do FRP and MRS stand for??

Tegan
07-30-05, 10:02 PM
hey slu, when do you leave for boot?

iowasurfer2
08-01-05, 12:43 AM
You may want to talk to your recruiter about going back in. I put a few people back in after leaving boot medically, and it was a 2 year wait for anyone who was an MCRD discharge. And those people...

SlaveToTheCorps
08-02-05, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by SLU_fly_girl
what do FRP and MRS stand for??

STC->Special Training Company
FRP->Female Readiness Platoon
MRS->Medical Rehabilitation Section
PCS->Physical Condition Section

*~*dobie*~*

SlaveToTheCorps
08-02-05, 03:04 PM
Thank you a ton for the info...I actually have been talking to my recruiter since before my discharge was finalized and he went down to the MEPS station and asekd abuot when I could re-enlist....

miguelito
08-02-05, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by SlaveToTheCorps

*~*dobie*~*
Are those terms that only Parris Island uses? Because I remember there being MRP(Medical Rehabilitation Platoon) and PCP(Physical Conditioning Platoon) or Pork Chop Platoon.

Phantom Blooper
08-08-05, 04:44 PM

Are those terms that only Parris Island uses? Because I remember there being MRP(Medical Rehabilitation Platoon) and PCP(Physical Conditioning Platoon) or Pork Chop Platoon.

Woman Marines at Parris Island re-wrote the dictionary of Marine Corps acronyms for the WTR.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

CrazyBrave83
08-08-05, 06:33 PM
I'm in the same boat, SlavetotheCorps.

Arrived at Parris Island Dec. 2003...Former Knee Injury got all jacked up, sent to EHP/MRP, and am waiting for a second round.

It's gonna be a long uphill battle but it's one I'm willing to fight.

Good luck to you.

SlaveToTheCorps
08-09-05, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Blooper

Woman Marines at Parris Island re-wrote the dictionary of Marine Corps acronyms for the WTR.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Because there isn't enough females in STC to make 3 seperate barracks like for the males; there are sections. So we are all together in FRP

*~*dobie*~*

SlaveToTheCorps
08-09-05, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by CrazyBrave83
I'm in the same boat, SlavetotheCorps.

Arrived at Parris Island Dec. 2003...Former Knee Injury got all jacked up, sent to EHP/MRP, and am waiting for a second round.

It's gonna be a long uphill battle but it's one I'm willing to fight.

Good luck to you.

When did you get off the island I had a few friends in EHP back in december...

*~*dobie*~*

CrazyBrave83
08-09-05, 08:58 AM
Late December, I got home Christmas Day, if I recall correctly.

Namvet67
08-09-05, 11:30 AM
When i was in boot camp (67) we called STC motivation platoon, FRP was not around then, MRS was not around then...just went to sick bay, got dropped and picked up by another platoon, PCS was called Fat Man's Platoon. We also had CCP...correctional custody platoon.

SlaveToTheCorps
08-09-05, 12:01 PM
Did you know any of the guys in MRP?!? I had a really good friend is MRP but we lost contact when he got sent home...kinda sad how that happens...Are you planning on re-enlisting?!?

I've heard about correctional vustody platoon, that really did excist?!? I thought that was the Drill Instructors just messing with us...

*~*dobie*~*

CrazyBrave83
08-09-05, 08:55 PM
I got to know some of the guys through EHP and RSP...but didn't keep in touch with many (two, but slipped off)...

Hell yeah, I plan on re-enlisting as soon as my knee allows. If my knee was good to go right now I'd leave tonight...as it stands, it isn't.

Who was your friend?

SlaveToTheCorps
08-10-05, 10:26 AM
You have the same mentality as me...I'd leave 20 minutes ago if I could...haha...what's wrong wtih your knee?!? The guy I'm talking about is Horn...

*~*dobie*~*

CrazyBrave83
08-10-05, 04:41 PM
Horn...Horn...Horn...sounds familiar...

My knee? Back in '00 I tore the ACL, strained the MCL, and tore up my medial meniscus (bucket handle tear)...

Since then have had three surgeries on it, one major reconstructive, one scope/screw removal, and one cartilage repair (after returning home from boot Jan '04).

She's a pain in the ass, I'll tell ya. Still bothers me, so I'm not gonna rush re-enlistment...in fact I'm getting synvisc injections starting this friday, to help me for a bit.