PDA

View Full Version : As Recruiting Suffers, Military Reins In Abuses at Boot Camp

thedrifter
07-26-05, 06:40 AM
Courtesy of Mark aka The Fontman <br />
<br />
<br />
July 26, 2005 <br />
As Recruiting Suffers, Military Reins In Abuses at Boot Camp <br />
By ERIK ECKHOLM <br />
<br />
FORT KNOX, Ky. - Staff Sgt. Michael G. Rhoades, until recently a...

mrbsox
07-26-05, 09:06 AM
"If we don't do that, we won't get the support of the mothers and fathers," Colonel Shwedo said in a telephone interview from Fort Monroe, Va. "We won't attract the right kind of people into the military."

OK folks... IT'S OFFICIAL !!

The Army is for treehuggin wussies :banana:

Osotogary
07-26-05, 10:29 AM
"If we don't do that, we won't get the support of the mothers and fathers."

Colonel Shwedo sounds like a salesperson dealing with a certain segment of the populace. For him to assume that this segment of the populace produces "the right kid of people into the military" might have some statistical merit but my uneducated gut feeling leads me to believe that this assumption is not necessarily correct.
However, his statement is good, upfront, public relations. Maybe that's what it is all about from the Army's point of view.

Joseph P Carey
07-26-05, 02:24 PM
To make comparisons of the Marine Corps Boot Camp and the US Army's Recruit Training is similar to the difference of the training for the High School Football Team and the Chess Club! The Army trains for life in the service, the Marines train for life at war. The fact remains that the Marines take lighter casualties in combat than does the Army on comparitable actions and engagements for a reason. Better training for combat!

Nagalfar
07-26-05, 08:47 PM
Hey Joeseph.. you forgot a few things if you dont mind.. The Corps takes real estate with less personnel, the Corps dont give up real estate once it has paid for it.. the Army seems to do that from time to time..

Semper Fi

Jersey Joe
07-26-05, 09:23 PM
You guys are clearly being too hard on the training of our Army personnel...why, the article clearly shows all the strains these wuss...err...people must go through"...recruits can be seen sweating through obstacle courses or martial arts training...".

And I'm sure after a nice shower, rubdown, and nap, they will be ready for chow. And these guys are backing up our Marines?

OY!

Semper