PDA

View Full Version : Planning Trip

Sgt Ski 2/7
07-22-05, 04:58 PM
I am from the Philadelphia area and I am planning a trip for the day possibily overnight down to Bethesda to visit wounded from Iraq. Looking for more people to drive down, possibily take them out to dinner or order pizza in and just spend time with them since most have family that cannot visit . Looking for books games anything to help them and say thank you even cards. If the post gets alot of responses will set up a time for drop off . Looking to go the third week of August. It is an idea right now but want to see if anyone else is interested in going. Philadelphia area......................

Semper Fi:marine:

eniram
07-22-05, 07:56 PM
Sgt. Ski

I am with the Marines Helping Marines & go to Walter Reed & Bethesda Naval hospitals weekly.
You have to have an appointed time to get in to see these kids. No one is allowed to 'walk-in' for a visit.
The Marine Corps League (Maryland) has visits on Wed. & Fri from 1 to 3 pm & we get bumped from time to time. We take visitors in with us after scheduling a date, etc. Contact Lou Stavely at LStavely@adelphia.net for details.

eniram
(Marine, spelled backwards!)