PDA

View Full Version : Tube Alert: "Shootout: D-Day Fallujah"

thedrifter
07-19-05, 11:59 AM
Courtesy of Mark aka The Fontman

Tube Alert: "Shootout: D-Day Fallujah"
Network: History Channel
Date and Time: Tuesday, July 19, 9 p.m. EST

Special Notes: U.S. Marines lead coalition forces into the insurgent infested city of Fallujah, Iraq, in November 2004. With riveting and insightful commentary from the men who sweated and bled on the dusty avenues of Fallujah, this episode highlights the strategies, cutting-edge technologies, and harrowing stories of mortal combat --many told here for the first time -- of the deadliest house-to-house street brawl since the battle for Hue City, Vietnam.

Ellie

outlaw3179
07-20-05, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the heads up..watched it last night ...and it was a really good show. Told by Marines who were there..Great show ..Good looking out

yellowwing
07-20-05, 11:33 AM
Dangit, I missed it.

D-Day: Fallujah.
Airs on Saturday, August 20 at 4:00pm ET

Battle for Baghdad.
Airs on Tuesday, August 23 at 9:00pm ET

marinefamily5
07-20-05, 12:24 PM
Great show........last night....I kicked my wife on the TV and I took over.....she didn't like it but she will get over it

mrbsox
07-20-05, 01:15 PM
It WAS pretty good, I thought.
A 300 yard shot with a 203, dead onto the balcony where a sniper was.... 'off the hip' no less.

THAT's a :marine: doing the shooting !!

There was some detail left out I thought, considering some of the news reports coming out at the time that I remember.

A 6 Battalion assault on the city;
From west to east, I think I remember that each Army Batt. was flanked by a Marine Batt. As I recall, 2 Marine, 1 Army, 2 Marine, 1 Army.

Some decent re-enactments I thought, but perhaps they left some of the finer details out, for TACTICAL purposes.

marinefamily5
07-20-05, 01:23 PM
yes over all a great show i thought

thedrifter
07-20-05, 01:43 PM
Sat down to watch it with Mark, last night..

I enjoyed seeing Our Men Kicking Azz, with other moments bringing tears to my eyes..

Ellie

yellowwing
08-20-05, 11:56 AM
Rebroadcasting tonite
D-Day: Fallujah.
Airs on Saturday, August 20 at 4:00pm ET

Going to set the VCR now just in case!

Sgt Sostand
08-20-05, 01:12 PM
Tonight at 4:00 Pm ill be their Front and Center DVR is set