PDA

View Full Version : a Marine NEVER loses the Title

Cole11
07-18-05, 07:33 PM
As I once said on another website, I was driving my car and i saw a bumpersticker that says "Your not an Ex-Marine unless your dead" WHAT BS! So i guess Gysgt. Basilone, and Lt.Gen Chesty Puller arent Marines anymore? That statement is completly untrue. I also believe theres no such thing as a former Marine because former means the same thing as no- longer. No Marine can lose the Title. Its not a word that makes us Devil Dogs, its the experiences, and the basic experience for every Marine is boot camp. The Title can never be taken from us because you cannot turn back the clock and erase our time at MCRD or OCS. Marine is not just a Title, its who a person is. Semper Fi

artymarine
07-18-05, 07:59 PM
I could not have said it any better.

You might forget your wifes name, but you will never forget your Senior DI's.

1stSgtMell
07-18-05, 08:00 PM
I beg to differ with you. Any person receiving anything less than an Honorable Discharge gives up that right to be called Marine. His actions, either intentionally or otherwise, negates that...

hump_drop
07-18-05, 09:18 PM
I agree, totally. <br />
<br />
Anyone who disrespects or discredits the Marine Corps by actions or words may still call themselves Marines and people may believe them, but in their hearts they know they are...

Joseph P Carey
07-19-05, 01:30 AM
Gents,

Did you ever hear of the Ghost Battalion? It is on the internet where there are registered names of the dead Marines! I guess it only goes to prove, there just is no GETTING OUT!

Old Marine
07-19-05, 08:18 AM
Agree with the above except the giving up the right to vote part. The voting polls in this country are so lax anymore that practically anyone can register to vote, even non-citizens.Convicted felons...

PTWARRIOR
07-19-05, 09:08 AM
I disagree with 1st Sgt.Mell what ever the MARINE did to dishonor THE CORPS or himself still can't take away the experience at bootcamp whether in Hollywood or Parris Island the land that God forgot. A marine will always be a marine bootcamp makes MARINES make no misstake about it. Exception if HE didn't graduate he can't lay to that title MARINE. 1st Sgt. Mell I have question for you " If you have children if your son or daughter does something to disgrace you and your family does that mean that they are no longer your or son or daughter"? I guess what trying to say is bootcamp gives birth to a Marine the Drill Intructor is the father the experience is the mother and graduation is when he is born and unfornately I must say some are aborted some by choice some not .Think about it Hardchagers think about it.

SEMPER FI
R. JONES Cpl(Retired)Golf Co. 2/4 Boat Plt. 90-93 Camp Lejuene N.C.

Namvet67
07-19-05, 11:02 AM
Only the United States Marine Corps can take away your title! You would have to be drummed out of the Corps! Otherwise you are a Marine all the time! Professional fighters are taken down to "bare wood" and built back up to think and act differently...same as the Corps! It never gets out of your blood. Joseph Carey....what is the addy for that web site you mentioned? Semper Fi

rproctor922
07-19-05, 11:10 AM
just google Ghost battalion

That is how I found it

Catz1611
07-19-05, 12:08 PM
I'm guessing then, the Title would be in Individuals eyes. As I've heard so many different opinions on the subject.

I've told people that I'm a Former Marine. But when I say that, it just means the Marine Corps no longer pays my bills. nOt that I don't still hold the Corps values in my heart. (hope that makes sense)

And to me, An Ex Marine is Someone who got booted out of the Corps.

mrbsox
07-19-05, 12:20 PM
I first came to this site a few years ago, and had the same basic question. I never liked the term 'ex', and 'former' stil had that 'used to be' tense to it.

The Drifter (R.I.P. Roger) coined the phrase to me'VETERAN Marine, which I think he got from C.M.C. Gen. Hagee.

I'm a VETERAN Marine :marine:
assigned to the 1stCivDiv

ROGER THAT !!

Joseph P Carey
07-19-05, 12:25 PM
http://www.scuttlebuttsmallchow.com/ghost.html <br />
This is the site, <br />
<br />
But, to make comment about 'Always a Marine', and someone saying that unless you are 'drummed out of the Corps' you are still a...

Cole11
07-19-05, 06:36 PM
I have the same school of thought as those who say you cant lose the experience, but i didnt stop to think about DDs, so i guess the only exception to not being a Marine is a dishonorable discharge...

Cole11
I have the same school of thought as those who say you cant lose the experience, but i didnt stop to think about DDs, so i guess the only exception to not being a Marine is a dishonorable discharge...

Cole11

Phantom Blooper
07-19-05, 06:58 PM
Cole 11,I'm glad you put some thought into this question.Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

al20852
07-22-05, 12:09 PM
Maybe earning the title is the hardest thing to do, but getting out the right way comes a close second. You are trained to be a Marine, and if you get drummed out with a DD or a BCD, I can't see how any of us can call that person a Marine for life. Especially these days, there is a whole lot more to becoming a Marine than pinning on a globe and anchor.

ElderCreature
07-22-05, 12:20 PM
I agree about one who recieves a DD. That person will always remember the corps but sadley does not have the right to be call a Marine.

thedrifter
07-22-05, 03:15 PM
Mark Made this graphic long time ago, which sums up The Title, Marine

Ellie

http://www.thefontman.com/the_title.gif