PDA

View Full Version : American Companies Embrace 11 Million Illegals

Ed Palmer
07-14-05, 01:14 PM
NewsMax.com Wires
Thursday, July 14, 2005
American companies are bending over backwards to cater to a booming new market – illegal aliens.

Latin American consulates can now issue an identification card – called a matricula consular in the case of Mexico – to nationals who reside illegally in the U.S.
Story Continues Below

Armed with these IDs, the undocumented immigrants can open bank accounts and apply for credit cards and car loans.
Then they can apply to the IRS for an individual tax identification number (ITIN), allowing them to pay taxes like any U.S. citizen – and even get a home mortgage.

Companies are rushing in to serve this previously untapped market.

Among them:

Wells Fargo & Co. has more than half a million matricula accounts - most of them, the company acknowledges, opened by undocumented aliens.
In all, more than 400 banks, thrifts and credit unions, including Bank of America Corp. and Citigroup, now accept a matricula as a valid ID.
Blue Cross of California sells health insurance to matricula holders from desks set up inside Mexican and Guatemalan consular offices in the U.S.
Sprint and Verizon both offer cell phone service to matricula holders.
Home mortgages taken out by illegal aliens could be worth up to $60 billion over the next five years, Business Week reports.
Kraft Foods Inc. provides workbooks at local English as a second language classes that include coupons for Kraft products, such as Capri Sun drinks.
The Los Angeles department store chain La Curacao offers credit cards to undocumented Latino immigrants with a matricula and has issued nearly 1 million so far.
The number of illegal immigrants in the U.S. has been estimated at from 11 million to as many as 20 million, and their growing numbers put downward pressure on American wages and strain schools, hospitals and other public services.

And while it may be against the law for these immigrants to be in the country or for an employer to hire them, there's nothing illegal about selling to them.

So companies are beginning to see this fast-growing population as "an untapped engine for growth," according to Business Week.

"But by finding ways to treat illegals like any other consumers, companies are in effect legalizing – and legitimizing – millions of people who technically have no right to be in the U.S."

Meanwhile, the federal government has virtually given up enforcing the law forbidding the employment of illegal aliens and instead has focused on potential terrorists who might try to enter the country.

Last year the U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement agency brought just three actions against companies for hiring undocumented aliens. But not everyone is thrilled about the buying power of the illegals. An Alabama bank that began offering mortgages to applicants with an ITIN immediately received hostile phone calls and e-mails, with at least one calling the bank's action "traitorous."

And before companies get too excited about the long-term prospects of reaping big rewards from the illegals, they might consider this: A survey by the Mexican Cement company Cemex found that 58 percent of Mexican migrants to the U.S. plan to build a home of their own – in Mexico.

Ed Palmer
07-14-05, 01:16 PM
A GOOD IDEA EVERYONE SHOULD TRY THIS.
tURN ON YOUR SOUND AND LET IT LOAD UP

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1120237554

yellowwing
07-14-05, 02:21 PM
Latin American consulates can now issue an identification card called a matricula consular in the case of Mexico to nationals who reside illegally in the U.S.
Doesn't that mean they are no longer undocumented?

What am I missing here? They are documented, paying taxes, credit bills, contributing to the economy, and going to Wal-Mart and buying chinese goods just like everybody else.

Nagalfar
07-14-05, 03:34 PM
This is news?

American companies are bending over backwards to cater to a booming new market – illegal aliens.

NEWFLASH!
American workers getting BENT OVER and forced to grab ankles by their own govt. and American companies to make room for 11 MILLION ILLEGAL aliens taking 11 MILLION American jobs!

:sidenote:
MILLIONS of Americas highest paying manufacturing jobs sent overseas beacuse of cheap labor, as cheap as .22 a hour.. govt. backs American companies doing so.. claims its needed so America can compete in a global market.. meanwhile American workers told not to worry.. there are lots of new service industry jobs opening every year.. "Welcome to McDonalds, can I take your order"

Ed Palmer
07-15-05, 07:25 AM
Posted on 07/15/2005 5:20:01 AM PDT by harpu

Here is the "History of Teaching Math" over the last 50 or so years:

Teaching Math In 1950
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In 1960
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In 1970
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?

Teaching Math In 1980
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is 20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20 and put a $ sign to the left (front) of it.

Teaching Math In 1990
By cutting down beautiful forest trees, the logger makes $20 of capitalistic profit. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the forest birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their trees? (There are no wrong answers.)

THIS IS A MUST READ
Teaching Math In 2005
El hachero vende un camion carga por $100. La cuesta de production es.............

And we wonder why jobs requiring basic intelligence are being outsourced to other countries?

yellowwing
07-15-05, 08:36 AM
Marine Word problem 1775-2005
A train leaves Philadelphia to Norfolk at 0800 travelling at 60 miles per hour.

Another train leaves Norfolk to Philly at 1100 travelling at 75 mile per hour.

Question How much are the drinks in the dining car? :marine:

Ed Palmer
08-04-05, 10:47 AM
A Brazilian arrives in New York City all excited, he stops the first person he meets. "Good day, Mr. American, thank you to accept me in your nice country, and.. "
>
>The person interrupts and says: "I am not American, I'm Cuban."
>
>The Brazilian continues on his way and meets another passer-by."Thank you Mr. American for to let my family and me stay here..."
>
>Again, he is interrupted before finishing his sentence. "I no be American, I be Dominican."
>
>The Brazilian continues on his way and meets another passer-by. "Mr.American, me thank you for hospitality you give..." "But my friend, I am African, not American.
>
>He goes a little farther and meets another American and greets him."Thank you for letting me come to your beautiful country."
>
>I'm not an American, I'm a Mexican."
>
>"But," answers the Brazilian distressed, "where are the Americans?"
>
>The Mexican looks at his watch and says, "Probably at work."

Ed Palmer
08-24-05, 08:19 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/ImmiFX.gif

Ed Palmer
08-24-05, 09:48 AM
WHATS NEXT

Don't call illegals....illegals!
California activists are demanding that a mayor apologize for using the word "illegal" to describe people who come across the border in violation of the law, according to the Fresno Bee.

They are demanding that he use the word "undocumented" in the future.

Fresno Mayor Alan Autry used the term in his State of the City speech, in which he called for a two-year moratorium on immigration because of the strain on city services, hospitals and schools.

Advocacy groups said use of the term "illegal" fuels hatred.

Ed Palmer
08-25-05, 08:14 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/freestuff.jpg

Gary Hall
08-25-05, 08:50 AM
Ed: Thanks for the view, I agree and understand and the future don't appear to be very reassuring. Gary Hall, Tyler, TX

Ed Palmer
01-26-06, 08:47 AM
I'm surprised CBS let him get away with this even though I think he is right.

AMEN ANDY ROONEY !

Right on, Andy Rooney!

Andy Rooney said on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry a-- if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else
I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

If you agree, pass this on, if not delete. .
I AGREE