PDA

View Full Version : In Hot Water

thedrifter
07-13-05, 07:28 AM
In Hot Water <br />
By John Connly Walsh <br />
Published 7/13/2005 12:07:46 AM <br />
<br />
BAGHDAD -- One morning late last month, as I was coming back from breakfast, I ran into fellow employees Aziz, Ali, and...

Ed Palmer
07-13-05, 09:04 AM
The peaceniks and Muslim political correctors need to check their email. This info has been making the rounds on the interneck for a long time. To my recollection.... political correctness is not in abundant quantities in the military. Can't imagine that it ever will be.

California Guard Criticized Over Poster Insulting Muslims
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - Islamic leaders and peace groups are criticizing the California National Guard for a flier posted in its headquarters suggesting the United States execute Islamic terrorists with bullets dipped in pig's blood to deny them entry to heaven.

The flier attributed the practice to World War I General John J. Pershing.

"Maybe it is time for this segment of history to repeat itself, maybe in Iraq?" the flier stated. It was posted outside a cubicle in the Guard's Civil Support Division.

A second flier showed the wings and tail of a bomber forming a peace sign with the slogan, "Peace the old fashioned way."

Also posted was a cartoon from a Web site showing a Red Crescent ambulance stuffed with weapons and a caricature that looks like the late-Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat unloading the weapons.

Guard spokesman Lt. Col. Doug Hart at first defended the postings to the San Jose Mercury News, which reported them Tuesday, but Hart later said they had been removed.

Peace activists spotted the fliers during a tour last week.