PDA

View Full Version : To London: 'Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of Wa

thedrifter
07-11-05, 05:10 AM
To London: 'Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War'
Written by Edward L. Daley
Monday, July 11, 2005

On July 7, 2005, terrorists attacked Great Britain’s capital city, killing dozens of people and injuring hundreds more. Targeting London’s mass transit system, the cowardly barbarians known as Al-Qaeda bombed tube trains and a double-decker bus in four locations around the city. The attacks took place over the course of about an hour’s time, beginning at 8:51 am between Aldgate East and Liverpool Street stations, and ending at 9:47 am at Tavistock Place.

Soon after reading about the bombings on an Internet AP site, I turned on my radio to listen for further updates about the atrocities. Within minutes of tuning into one of my favorite talk radio shows, I heard a liberal caller to the program state that we have to try and better understand what Al-Qaeda and other Islamic terrorist groups are all about, and what they want, if we’re ever going to stop such attacks from happening in the future. Of course, when questioned as to why he felt that way, he had no answer. This didn’t surprise me at all, since there is no good reason for us to waste our time trying to understand what motivates mass murdering Islamo-fascists.

All we need to know about these parasites is that they are hateful extremists from backward countries that refuse to enter the 21st century--or even the 16th century, for that matter. Attempting to understand more than that makes no sense whatsoever, because even if we could ascertain exactly what it is that people like Osama Bin Laden require of us before they’ll stop slaughtering innocent people, that knowledge would only be useful to us if we were willing to change who we are in order to appease them.

Of course, liberals seem to think that appeasing them is exactly what we should be doing. Why, if the United States could only be more like Spain, which immediately replaced its government with a communist regime following the terrorist attacks on Madrid in 2004, and then proceeded to pull its troops out of Iraq, things would be so much better than they are today. After all, it’s our presence in Iraq that is really getting under the skin of international terrorists these days. We need to just get out of there!

OK then, let’s take a quick look at that philosophical approach to ending terrorism. In the first place, if we did decide to abandon everything that our military men and women have fought for since the Iraq War began, humiliating each and every one them in the process, and throwing the people of that country to the wolves, what would stop Al-Qaeda from making even greater demands on us after that? I mean, we weren’t even in Iraq when they attacked our cities on 9/11, so that clearly won’t be a grand enough gesture of appeasement.

Let’s see, we were supporting Israel before September of 2001, so I guess the next thing we’d have to do is turn our backs on what was the only democratic free state in the Middle East, prior to Iraq and Afghanistan being liberated. And speaking of the Afghan people, we’d also have to hand control of their country back to the Taliban, since they’re all good friends of Osama, and of course, we’d need to refrain from lending future support to any pro-liberty movement in the region, like the one currently developing in Lebanon.

And still, even if we retreat entirely from the Middle East, it is unlikely that Al-Qaeda will be satisfied. At the end of the day, we’ll still be a predominantly Christian nation, with a democratic system of governance, and an economy based on capitalist principles. All that would simply have to change, since exhibiting the sort of independence that Americans are known for is truly arrogant, and unforgivably wicked in the eyes of Allah.

Do you see where I’m going with all this? While I’m sure that most of you liberals out there still have no idea what I’m trying to say, I pray to God that the good people of England are able to grasp the point I’m making here.

Our goal in fighting the war on terror is not to make our enemies like us. Perhaps one day their children or grandchildren will learn to accept the ideas of liberty and respect for other cultures, but the scumbags we face today will never be dissuaded from hating us and everything we stand for, no matter what we do. Our aim, like the aim of our ancestors who faced down the menace of Nazism a half century ago, is to wipe our enemies off the face of the earth...PERIOD

“Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more,” proclaimed General George S. Patton, and in my opinion he could not have been more right. The theory of appeasing the enemies of our liberty is as dead as an Al-Qaeda suicide bomber. Trying to cut deals with individuals like Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi has never, and will never secure our freedoms. The only thing these monsters understand is relentless brute force, and it’s about time the free nations of the world stopped bickering with one another like a bunch of spoiled school children and started working together to preserve our way of life!

Like most of my fellow Americans, I have faith in the British people, and I’m confident that they will respond appropriately to the vicious and unprovoked attacks upon their country this week. That response should be to praise the courageous policies of their forward-thinking leader, Tony Blair, and to reaffirm their commitment to achieving victory against terrorists everywhere.

To do otherwise would be to exhibit weakness in the face of the worst kind of tyranny known to mankind. The world now looks to the citizens of Britain to show them how truly brave people deal with the adversities of war, and I pray they do not fail in that crucial task.

In the words of the greatest writer to ever hold a pen, “cry HAVOC, and let slip the dogs of war, so that this terrible action will smell above the earth, with rotting corpses, begging to be buried.” William Shakespeare understood that meting out justice is often a bloody affair, and his words should serve to remind us of that fact and spur us on as we contemplate the actions we’ll need to take in the future.

About the Writer: Edward Daley is a freelance writer who resides in New England. He is owner of the website, The Daley Times-Post, which can be accessed at: http://users.adelphia.net/~thofab/index2.htm.

Ellie