PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Dennis

Sgtj
07-10-05, 06:44 PM
Hurricane Dennis! Well what can I say. I live 40 minutes away from Mobile and 1.5 hrs from Pensacola, and I have to say Dennis didn't amount to much at all for us over here. We were a bit worried since we woke up to a CAT IV and it 2/5 models had it still coming our way, but in the end it was nothing. I even went out in the so called "tropical storm force winds" and took down all the plywood off the widows. Dennis ruined my entire weekend, but I'm just glad in didn't cause too much damage for too many people. My heart and prayers go out to those east of us. They've been through a lot!

Semper Fi.

GySgtRet
07-10-05, 06:52 PM
Sgtj,

Congratulations...!!! No damage just a bad couple of days. I just hope that this is the way for you alls sake in Fla and that area that this year won't be as bad as lastyear and the two years prior.

thedrifter
07-10-05, 06:54 PM
You All Are In My Prayers and Thoughts

Ellie

USMCgrunt0331
07-10-05, 06:59 PM
Yeah it just missed us in Gitmo, the most we had were about 50-60 mph gusts last thurs. It was the first time I've seen a hurricane, or part of one at least.

Rebsmarine1996
07-11-05, 07:37 PM
Checking in from Montgomery, Al. Dennis did not amount to much here for us either. After Ivan Last fall everyone was a Bit on edge.Although things looked like they could have been Quite messy. Thankfully he weakened, and Moved very Quickly, and other than a messed up weekened, all is well.

Sgtj
07-11-05, 08:06 PM
I prepped all weekend. I guess part of me was let down. After all the prep, and waiting around...nothing. But that's better then losing my house... I guess its a lot like hurry up and wait.

Osotogary
07-11-05, 08:45 PM
Thank you Dennis for blowing over four mangoes from my neighbors tree into our yard. All in all there were 40 mangoes blown free from the tree. The neighbors gave us 6 more for a total of 10 mangoes that I did not have to buy or grow. Thank you Dennis.:)
Seriously, very minor power outages and no major flooding or felled trees in the neighborhood. It was a lucky weekend.

rsta
07-12-05, 05:03 AM
It's good to hear that ya'll escaped serious damage. These hurricanes can sure be a nuisance.

marinefamily5
07-12-05, 05:20 AM
we had 5 of them why i was in okinawa........i loved them myself.