PDA

View Full Version : Maj. Appleton & SSgt. Tester

tbruyle5
07-05-05, 12:31 AM
I'm looking for Maj. Appleton and/or SSgt. Tester. Served with both Marines onboard the USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63) 1977-1978. Maj. Appleton was our CO.

Gary Hall
07-05-05, 10:39 AM
I'm looking for my Drill Instructor at San Diego during Jan - March, 1948. His name is (was then) SSGT Douglas D. Gardner 288139. On Dec 23, 1941 then PFC Gardner was a member of the 1st Defense Batallion on Wake Island, at which time the relief group underway abandoned the Wake Island Marines, turned around and sailed home.PFC Gardner survived 44 months as a POW at HAK-2B-Akahira, Hokkaido, Japan. I believe it correct that the relief group was only 200 miles from Wake when the effort was called off, the Task Force Commander declaring that the effort was not worth the anticipated risks. Anyway, PFC Gardner survived 44 months of Japanese captivity before finally returning Contrary to the comparisons recently made by the likes of numerous unmentionable Senators and Congress Persons, I believe credible evidence will show that the accomodations at Gitmo and those afforded the POW'S taken at Wake are vastly different. I hope to be able to speak to Sgt Gardner one more time, the best Marine and individual I ever expect to know in my lifetime. Gary Hall PFC 633178

LivinSoFree
07-05-05, 12:46 PM
Hmm... can't help you on either of these, but I recommend not publishing your service number, as it's still usefull as a tool to assume your identity.