PDA

View Full Version : A Leatherneck.com Fourth Event

jinelson
07-04-05, 03:39 PM
Hey Yall, Today I had the oppritunity to help some of our members put together a "Support The Troops" float and march in the Greeley Colorado Stampede Parade. 0003xxMarineDad and myself and the proud Marine Moms and Dads of 03xxParrish and 03xxDi Camillo got the float together, the pups were sent to MCRDSD early so they were unable to be with us today. The local RSS marched with us, ten highly motivated Poolees wearing their red Poolee shirts and GySgt White, SSgt Perez and Sgt Cruz. The SSGT and Sgt led the two columns on either side of the float with the Gunny and me taking up tail end charley. The National Colors and those of the five branches were on both sides of the float. As we walked the two mile route the folks that lined the the street rose to their feet some crosssing their hearts, some saluting or giving us the thumbs up and many hollered thank you. I have to admit that this old dawgs eyes welled up with sweat when it occurred to me that this was my welcome home too. I just had to share this my fellow members and say Jerry and Drifter thanks for making this all happen by bringing us all together here ya done good brothers. Happy Birthday America.

Semper Fi
Jim One Proud Marine :marine:

thedrifter
07-04-05, 04:47 PM
Outsstanding!

Happy 4th to You Jim!

Ellie

ALLENR
07-04-05, 06:13 PM
HAPPY 4TH Jim and Drifter. And to all Americans. GOD BLESS
AMERICA.

Semper Fi

Osotogary
07-04-05, 10:15 PM
I hope that you were in step! LOL
Terrific news, Jim. Home is often times where you make it. Glad that you had a memorable time.

003XXMarineDAD
07-05-05, 08:06 PM
More info on the parade, the float took the Independence Award for the Parade which is the outstanding community float. There was 125 entrys in the parade and this float was put on by the support the troops group . We had every branch flag on the float but more Marine posters . I kind of partial to the Marine's I would not know why.:) We had the recruiting office send out the poolee's and walk in the parade with the recruiters and it helped get the crowd going. The parade route was 1.5 miles long and it was great to see the people show their support for the troops.

radio relay
07-05-05, 08:57 PM
Saw the parade covered live on channel 9 (the Denver NBC channel). Your float was great! Good job!http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/thumb.gif

jinelson
07-06-05, 02:02 AM
Thanks radio relay we saw the cameras, but were so proud just to be Marines we just didnt think of of what it was there for. ;)

jinelson
07-08-05, 10:48 PM
I received this link from one of my pups and soon Poolees Tim but he was unable to post it. I hope yall enjoy it.
http://9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=e334535c-0abe-421a-0052-d439acdbd8f4&TEMPLATEID=b546d9ee-ac1f-02c5-003a-8e288dffed56