PDA

View Full Version : Medals Question

sirmess1
07-01-05, 05:27 PM
Hi, I am going to my friend's commisioning over the weekend. We are planning to wear our dress blues bravos for the occasions but at the last minute, he found out he rated medals, so he changed it to dress alphas. Now I never wore my dress alphas, not even for the Marine Corps' ball because I always been deployed, so I am not sure how I go about displaying them. I searched google, but all it tells me is the order of precedence which i know already. I just don't know how many go in a row. I rate 5 medals, Navy Achievement Medal, National Defense Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War of Terrorism Service Medal, and Armed Forces Reserve medal with device "M". Now do I mount all in one row, or do I do 3 on the bottom, 2 on top? I can't find a medal display thing like they have with ribbons and ribbons checkers.
Thanks for the help

LivinSoFree
07-01-05, 07:06 PM
Consult the MCO 1020.34G (MCO for uniforms). Chapter 5, Section 2 has all you could ever want to know about the proper mounting, placement, and wearing of medals, along with miscellaneous regulations. I'd paste it in here, but it's way too big. Follow this link...

http://www.usmc.mil/directiv.nsf/55fdafde3f044b0585256bd40066708b/6d62f5fbea2cc03a85256850005ee8de?OpenDocument