PDA

View Full Version : Woman wins right to show her tits

thedrifter
06-29-05, 02:12 PM
Borrowed from Mark aka The Fontman

Woman wins right to show her tits

On Saturday, Elizabeth Book plans to doff her blouse next to 3 statues at the Peabody Auditorium.

By Jeff Libby
Sentinel Staff Writer
Posted June 29 2005

DAYTONA BEACH -- Elizabeth Book, the stay-at-home mom with a rose tattoo, has won the right to bare her breasts in her ongoing fight to go shirtless anywhere men can.

On Saturday at noon, the 40-something "top-free" revolutionary plans to demonstrate her right to protest by dropping her top at the Peabody Auditorium next to three statues of women nude from the waist up.

"I will be as top-free as the statues," Book said Monday in an e-mail to the nudists and naturists who have gathered to support her cause. "This is not over until Daytona is forced to recognize the unconstitutionality of their ordinances and statutes aimed at the American woman's breasts."

Daytona Beach says Book's victory in court June 21 was only temporary and probably will be appealed.

"She should probably save her exuberance for a time when all the appeals have ended," Assistant City Attorney Greg McDole said. "There are a number of appeals left and a number of years before this is a binding precedent."

Book's Orlando attorney Larry Walters said any appeal by the city would be "frivolous at this point."

Volusia County Judge David Beck ended more than a year of legal wrangling last week, ruling that Book, of Ormond Beach, was within her rights when she bared her breasts as part of a political protest during Bike Week in March 2004.

The city's anti-nudity ordinance allows an exemption for nudity that is part of a political protest or other constitutionally protected issue, Beck said, throwing out her arrest and the fine for $253. The city passed the rule in 2002 to curb indecency at special events.

Book has argued that the law unfairly preys on young women who flash their breasts for the crowd. Women should be able to go without shirts wherever men can, Book says.

Book's victory in court does little to help those young women. Revelers showing their breasts for beads and drinks would not be exempted from the city ordinance, Beck said.

"That's a battle for another day," Walters said.

Ellie

TazMatt
06-29-05, 02:23 PM
I agree with Book I think women should be allowed to show their tits if they want to I won't object any. Semper Fi Get er done TazMatt Sgt 69-75:banana: :marine:

thedrifter
06-29-05, 02:28 PM
A little more info on the story!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19133&highlight=daytona+beach

Ellie

GySgtRet
06-29-05, 03:34 PM
TazMatt,

Couldn't that become a driving hazard...?? I know I am going to look till Iget my fillllll......!!!!!

KingDonkeyPunch
06-29-05, 03:51 PM
That is my kind of feminist. Instead of b*tching about wanting to go to combat, this is the equal right they should fight for.

THATFEMALE
06-29-05, 03:55 PM
Could you males be any nastier? I'm all for free speech but come on now. How ridiculous! Figures you guys would agree on these types of rights for woman. I still say that "Woman belong in Combat." Furthermore I could care less about what ya'll think on the subject. It's not b*tching Sergeant, it's called respect.

Joseph P Carey
06-29-05, 04:06 PM
You have seen two, you have seen them all! I prefer to look below the 6 ring for my pleasures with a woman. At least I know it is not manufactured by some Plastic Surgen there. Other wise, you can get your pleasures with a slurpee and a rubber straw. Just remember guys, while you are out looking at the rose, someone may be looking at what you got back home!

thedrifter
06-29-05, 04:14 PM
Talking about RESPECT Everyone has A Right to Their Opinions...

I see nothing wrong with what this woman is doing...

We all might not agree in what she is doing, but no one is forcing anybody else too do it;)

Ellie

GySgtRet
06-30-05, 06:16 AM
The only thing that I see as beeing wrong with this is in public atleast in America, the public isn't ready for this yet. I don't know when it will be ready but maybe soon? Time will tell.

Phantom Blooper
06-30-05, 06:55 AM
At least I know it is not manufactured by some Plastic Surgen there

A very sexually active woman tells her plastic surgeon that she wants her vagina lips reduced in size because they
were flapping in the breeze.

Out of embarrassment she insisted that the surgery be
kept a secret and the surgeon agreed.

Awakening from the anesthesia after the surgery she found three roses carefully placed beside her on the bed.

Outraged, she immediately calls in the doctor. "I thought I asked you not to tell anyone about my operation!"

The surgeon told her he had carried out her wish for confidentiality and that the first rose was from him: "I felt sad because you went through this all by yourself."

"The second rose is from my nurse. She assisted me in the surgery and empathized because she had had the same procedure done some time ago." And what about the third rose?" she asked.

"Oh, that rose is from a man upstairs in the burn unit. He wanted to thank you for his new ears.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall:banana:

MarkT
06-30-05, 07:48 AM
Nastier ??????

Isn't this the feedom Mrs/Miss/MS. Book wants, she wants equal rights, and by God I think she should have her liberty, to take off her T-shirt any time she would like to ,"The free exercise thereof". And with all new laws we as men should be able to oggle, view, look, perceive and most importantly, covet, as we look longingly at the desired goal.:banana:

Osotogary
06-30-05, 09:17 AM
New ears? Damn! I'm glad I didn't have that plastic surgeon work on my ear after the removal of my skin cancer....or maybe not. LMAO

paquick
06-30-05, 09:24 AM
OUTSTANDING!!!
+++
SEMPER FI ALL

Joseph P Carey
06-30-05, 10:57 AM
Good News, Bad News

I talked to that guy with the new ears. He says they are fine, except when he is having sex with his wife. It appears that when ever he is in the mood with his wife, his ears start running fluid down his neck. He says his wife is much more passionate now, but she only seems to want to nibble on his ears all the time.

hrscowboy
06-30-05, 11:20 AM
Dang just think it wont be long an all women can bear there breast.. OHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Joseph P Carey
06-30-05, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by hrscowboy
Dang just think it wont be long an all women can bear there breast.. OHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

A point to think about here HRS! You do know that means a man's wife can do this as well! Would you be so impressively prepared for that?

I don't know about you guys, but I have seen a lot of these women with their shirts off, and believe me, more, rather than not, look a whole lot better with their shirts on. Besides, where would the mystery be? With today's bathing suits, there is no more mystery, and no seductiveness. They are pretty well nude already! In truth, I find a woman that is dressed well, and one who carries herself well, a great deal more interesting and whole lot more sexy.

Phantom Blooper
06-30-05, 01:11 PM
I talked to that guy with the new ears. He says they are fine, except when he is having sex with his wife. It appears that when ever he is in the mood with his wife, his ears start running fluid down his neck. He says his wife is much more passionate now, but she only seems to want to nibble on his ears all the time.

I wonder what the Q-Tip for that looks like? Or does he put DEPENDS on his ears? :banana:

Semper-Fi! Chuck Hall

Ed Palmer
06-30-05, 02:32 PM
Here s what I got to see when I asked a lady to show me her s

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/saggy1.jpg

hrscowboy
06-30-05, 02:49 PM
geeeze ssgt you are not a well man you need some help my brother.. hahahahaha

Phantom Blooper
06-30-05, 02:55 PM
Which SSGT you referring too? LOL! Semper-Fi! Chuck Hall:banana:

hrscowboy
06-30-05, 03:08 PM
Hahahahaha ed palmer of course but if the shoe fits wear it.. hahahahaa

GySgtRet
06-30-05, 03:50 PM
Ellie,

Did you ever think by posting what you posted here would cause such a ruckas...??? Or did you HMMM...

Ed Palmer
06-30-05, 06:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/male_optical_illusion.jpg

thedrifter
06-30-05, 06:25 PM
Ellie,

Did you ever think by posting what you posted here would cause such a ruckas...??? Or did you HMMM...

HMMM...I thought it might produce a little excitement around here...;) :D

I few more facts to Ponder

Sex Facts
Did you know that you can tell from the skin whether a person is sexually active or not?

1. Sex is a beauty treatment. Scientific tests find that when women make love they produce amounts of the hormone estrogen, which makes hair shine and skin smooth.

2. Gentle, relaxed lovemaking reduces your chances of suffering dermatitis, skin rashes and blemishes. The sweat produced cleanses the pores and makes your skin glow.

3. Lovemaking can burn up those calories you piled on during that romantic dinner.

4. Sex is one of the safest sports you can take up. It stretches and tones up just about every muscle in the body. It's more enjoyable than swimming 20 laps, and you don't need special sneakers!

5. Sex is an instant cure for mild depression. It releases endorphins into the bloodstream, producing a sense of euphoria and leaving you with a feeling of well-being.

6. The more sex you have, the more you will be offered. The sexually active body gives off greater quantities of chemicals called pheromones. These subtle sex perfumes drive the opposite sex crazy!

7. Sex is the safest tranquilizer in the world. IT IS 10 TIMES MORE EFFECTIVE THAN VALIUM.

8. Kissing each day will keep the dentist away. Kissing encourages saliva to wash food from the teeth and lowers the level of the acid that causes decay, preventing plaque build-up.

9. Sex actually relieves headaches. A lovemaking session can release the tension that restricts blood vessels in the brain.

10. A lot of lovemaking can unblock a stuffy nose. Sex is a natural antihistamine. It can help combat asthma and hay fever.

Ellie

GySgtRet
06-30-05, 08:21 PM
Well. I have been looking at the picture and I can't see the boat that your talking about. What color is it?

Ellie,

Thank you for clearing up the part about the headache...!!!

KingDonkeyPunch
06-30-05, 11:08 PM
THATFEMALE
websters defines "respect" as:
1.To feel or show deferential regard for; esteem.
2.To avoid violation of or interference with: respect the speed limit.
3.To relate or refer to; concern.

they define "b*tching" as:
1.A female canine animal, especially a dog.
2.Offensive.
a.A woman considered to be spiteful or overbearing.
b.A lewd woman.
c.Slang. A complaint.
d.Slang. Something very unpleasant or difficult.

After reading a lot of posts you have made about us "nasty males" you seem to do a lot more of the latter of the two. Just an observation.

Joseph P Carey
06-30-05, 11:23 PM
Well Donkey,

Has anyone every told you could not do something, just because you were you, and that everyone else could do it, because they are who they are, which is not you? They ever tell you that you will bear the same title, draw the same pay, and be called by the same names, but that you could not do your job? Has anyone ever told you, you were not good enough to be considered the same as everyone else? You are a Marine, well, least wise, in name only! How would that make you feel?

Do you think you would be a little *****y about that?

This is a Marine Corps NCO! Her father was a Marine! And, you are telling her she can only be a Marine in name only!

Hell! I would spit in your eye, if I were her! And, so would you in the same situation! She didn't join to be a housewife, or to be a protected bird in a guilded cage. She wants to be a Marine, and all that goes with the title!

KingDonkeyPunch
06-30-05, 11:44 PM
Have I? Of course, who hasn't? Did I get butthurt about it? Sometimes. But there were those few times, that people were telling me that I didnt need to do some things for my own good. Spit in my eye? Come on, come harder than that.

Joseph P Carey
07-01-05, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by KingDonkeyPunch
Have I? Of course, who hasn't? Did I get butthurt about it? Sometimes. But there were those few times, that people were telling me that I didnt need to do some things for my own good. Spit in my eye? Come on, come harder than that.

I don't know Donkey, I have never done too much time as a scared person, rather I have never been one to shy away from something that was difficult, or even dangerous, because someone told me 'it was in my best interest!' or, 'for my own good!' to leave it alone.

Street Toughs would have a field day with you!

Well! I did spit in a lot of eyes! Sometimes I gained a scar or two, but most times I gained the respect of the people that said 'it was in my best interest' or 'it was for my own good'. I made a career out of it, by proving them wrong.

Now, let this young Corporal prove you wrong! After all, it is her career!

KingDonkeyPunch
07-01-05, 01:32 AM
Street toughs? Yeah, I'm sure i'll have a lot of those to worry about. I am sure she has already proven a million people wrong by becoming a Marine alone, and no one can take that away. Yet I'm with GreenSideOut and Hrscowboy on the whole women in combat thing. Sure they do great things in the rear, lets keep it that way.

Joseph P Carey
07-01-05, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by KingDonkeyPunch
Street toughs? Yeah, I'm sure i'll have a lot of those to worry about. I am sure she has already proven a million people wrong by becoming a Marine alone, and no one can take that away. Yet I'm with GreenSideOut and Hrscowboy on the whole women in combat thing. Sure they do great things in the rear, lets keep it that way.

Here is a little History lesson for you. It seems that you forget that there were many woman that served in combat during the Civil War, and some did it courageously.

Take for instance Jennie Hodgers who served and fought for three years as Albert Cashier. Her identity wasn't revealed until 1913. There are stories of Union soldiers and Confederate Soldiers that when wounded mortally and were found to be women. It is not an 'Old Wife's Tail' I speak of, but a fact!

Historical records verify the fact that over eighty women were either wounded or killed at various battles during the Civil War. It is estimated that over 400 women served in the Civil War on both sides, not counting the thousands who served as nurses. These women were never found out in their units until something happened to them. They had acquitted themselves very well in combat.

Even in today's fight, I might remind you of the woman MP Sergeant that has won the Silver Star. Sgt. Leigh Ann Hester of the 617th Military Police Company, a National Guard unit out of Richmond, Ky., received the Silver Star, along with two other members of her unit, Staff Sgt. Timothy Nein and Spc. Jason Mike, for their actions during an enemy ambush on their convoy. Other members of the unit also received awards.

Hester's squad was shadowing a supply convoy March 20 when anti-Iraqi fighters ambushed the convoy. The squad moved to the side of the road, flanking the insurgents and cutting off their escape route. Hester led her team through the "kill zone" and into a flanking position, where she assaulted a trench line with grenades and M203 grenade-launcher rounds. She and Nein, her squad leader, then cleared two trenches, at which time she killed three insurgents with her rifle.

When the fight was over, 27 insurgents were dead, six were wounded, and one was captured. What more do you want from a person in combat? How do we tell this woman that she is not good enough to serve her country, because she can not take the rigors of combat?

Yeah! So they don't have the superior upper body strength as does the male. That is just Physiology! They have been proved to have superior balance that a male does not have, because of the configuration of their body, and when we take a look at the woman that won the Iditerod Dog Sled race, we find they are of as equal endurance as men.

Somehow, you remind me of that old policeman that 30 years ago said he would never work with a woman, because... Well, you fill in the blanks. You have said exactly what he said!

I say, Give them their shot! Your remarks that she made it this far, and she has the title of Marine sucks! I am sure that you would not have preferred to be a picture book Marine after boot camp, and not be allowed to prove your worth as a Marine, and to use the skills you have learned. Well! Neither does she want that! You would not have accepted it, and neither will she!

enviro
07-01-05, 11:56 AM
I'm still waiting for someone to show me where the "front lines" are and where the "rear" is that somehow define who should be where.

I do not challenge anyone's ability to be a Marine until factual evidence has been presented to cast doubt on an INDIVIDUAL - not an entire sect of people.

Get with the program Marine - Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Men, Women, etc can all make outstanding Marines. Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Men, Women, etc can all make a bunch a sh|tbirds too.

mrbsox
07-01-05, 12:37 PM
So...

How did we get from a womans fight to go topless, to women in combat in this thread ??

thedrifter
07-01-05, 12:42 PM
I have been wondering this myself....;)

Ellie

marinefamily5
07-01-05, 12:49 PM
i was wondering the same thing also..........

thedrifter
07-01-05, 12:53 PM
Woman who won topless court fight plans to bare breasts again

DAYTONA BEACH, Florida (AP) -- A woman who won a court fight over her right to bare her breasts in public plans to protest topless on Saturday at a city auditorium.

Elizabeth Book planned to stage the protest at the Peabody Auditorium next to three statues of women nude from the waist up.

The protest coincides with a busy weekend of Pepsi 400 races and Fourth of July celebrations. The auditorium is located in a different part of the city than the Daytona International Speedway.

Daytona Beach says Book's victory in court last week was only temporary and probably will be appealed.

Volusia County Judge David Beck ruled that Book was within her rights when she bared her breasts as part of a political protest during Bike Week in March 2004.

Ellie

GySgtRet
07-01-05, 03:07 PM
Back in the 60's it was women burning their bras. That was cool but a different way of doing it I guess...??? Now today and I am not slamming a woman or women in general when I say this it may be too bold of a move, or it is about time that women take a firmer stand for their rights. After all women's suferrage happen in 1920. Maybe it is time to step up to the plate and bring the U.S. into the 21st century.

thedrifter
07-01-05, 03:22 PM
GySgtRet

Amen!

I feel it is up to that person what they do, as long they are not breaking the law...Nobody has a right to say You can't do it, just because they don't like it...

Yes..I was in the Era of the burning of the Bra's:D

Yes, I have gone to topless beaches..;)

Ellie

Joseph P Carey
07-01-05, 03:39 PM
I don't know!

The woman is going to a place where a bare chested man would be thrown out so as she can bare her chest? That seems like it is out of the scope of the judge's original order! It seems to me that I would have her arrested.

As art just mimics life in the mind of the artist, and free speech is implied in the works of the artist, and the venue for the art presentation is a well regulated theater, with rules of dress code in place for both men and women. If she decides to releive herself of her top because the art present depicts woman in that fashion. She should be arrested. That is outside the limited scope of the order.

Now, if she decided to go to the beach, she would be in the scope of the judge's order, as men are allowed to go bare chested there, but they are not allowed to do so in the theater, a convenience store, or a department store, where men are also required to wear a shirt while in the confines of the establishment.

yellowwing
07-01-05, 03:49 PM
I helped my favorite New Orleans bartender bounce a big guy for refusing to wear a shirt. The bartender wanted to give me a Silver Star but I told him to just give me a shot of scotch instead. :banana:

Mardi Gras is famous for topless women in public. But that's where they draw the line. The police jail and fine anyone showing more than that.