PDA

View Full Version : Hillary: Restrict Military Recruiters

thedrifter
06-29-05, 10:16 AM
Hillary: Restrict Military Recruiters
NewsMax Carl Limbacher

During his speech at Fort Bragg Tuesday night, President Bush urged young Americans to consider a career in the military, saying "there is no higher calling than service in our Armed Forces."

But if Senator Hillary Clinton has her way, it's going to be even harder for the military to meet its recruitment goals.

In a statement posted to her official Senate web site, Clinton blasts the Pentagon for "infringing on the privacy of high school students" by trying to find out if any of them might be good candidates for voluntary military service.
In an apparent blast at the Armed Forces, Clinton declared: "It is critical that we do everything we can to make sure that our most sensitive personal information stays out of the wrong hands."

The Pentagon - "the wrong hands"?

Hillary said she wants to make it tougher for recruiters to find out which students might want to serve their country, by denying them access to information like Social Security numbers, ethnicities, birth dates, class schedules and grade point averages.

Along with six other Senate Democrats, Mrs. Clinton has written to Defense Secretary Rumsfeld, saying she is concerned that recruiters may be guilty of racial profiling.

"We fail to see a legitimate need for the creation of a database containing such personal information and are concerned that it may be an inappropriate effort to profile students based on ethnicity and other personal factors," she complained.

Ellie

Gunny McMillan
06-29-05, 10:26 AM
Don't pretty much all colleges and universities throughout the country have the same kind of information?

GySgtRet
06-29-05, 10:41 AM
YEP...!!!
Recruiting duty 80 - 83. Colleges and university could have access to anything they wanted. The state of New York also granted access, but to the armed forces we ahd to get permission. Doesn't hardley seem equitable for all does it...???

marinefamily5
06-29-05, 11:30 AM
leave it up to a female to do something like........good thing we dont' have a female in office...............

sorry that is just my opinion

Gunny McMillan
06-29-05, 12:06 PM
If they're gonna prevent the Pentagon from accessing this kind of information, no college or any other institution should be allowed access to it either....This is ridiculous.

yellowwing
06-29-05, 04:01 PM
NewsMax leaves out the argument that the current Law of the Land provided by the No Child Left Behind Act only provides for names, addresses, and telephone numbers.

It does not authorize any additional information about students to be collected. Just change the law.

Joseph P Carey
06-29-05, 04:20 PM
What???? Does anyone know the Ethnic breakdown of the military today? To me it seems that the proportionate of races has remained pretty constant and constistant with the population, but I may be wrong. Why would Senator Clinton, the person who wants to be the next standard bearer for the Democrat Party, want to bring in the race card when talking about the US Military? Aaaahhhh! Votes! That is why! This thing wants to be your next President!

The Democrats still want to split the country on a racial basis!

"...Hillary said she wants to make it tougher for recruiters to find out which students might want to serve their country, by denying them access to information like Social Security numbers, ethnicities, birth dates, class schedules and grade point averages.

Along with six other Senate Democrats, Mrs. Clinton has written to Defense Secretary Rumsfeld, saying she is concerned that recruiters may be guilty of racial profiling.

"We fail to see a legitimate need for the creation of a database containing such personal information and are concerned that it may be an inappropriate effort to profile students based on ethnicity and other personal factors," she complained..."

LivinSoFree
06-29-05, 04:26 PM
Hmm... I think she's a bit off base on this one. But I am kinda curious as to what ethnicity has to do with anything? I mean, assuming that the military is a meritocracy (at least by design), what should ethnic background matter?

I have the same problem with universities... ethnicity has nothing to do with ability... keep it out of the picture. Affirmative action was something that was a good idea 25 years ago, and is now an antiquated form of reverse discrimination that places lesser qualified applicants into positions for no good reason.

MarkT
06-30-05, 10:02 AM
Amazing is it not, how Senator Clinton has also come out against the Patriot Act, which gives Law Enforcement,, the same capabilities as the RICO law does for organized crime. but clinton had no problem using the RICO when it came to Pro-life protestors.

Now it is the data base of the Pentagon.

This from the same Senator who was part of the impeach Nixon committee, the same Senator who defended the Black Panther party.

These people hate the President and the Military and there goal is the destruction of both; From the Kennedys and kerrys to Durbin and Dean to of course Hillary this has been their goal for the last 40 years when it all started with the Port Huron statement declaring their intentions at Berkely.

If she is so concerned about 'civil rights' , why don't some of these leftists reign in the IRS , talk about a data base, They know when you get up in the morning. But then again they do not want their cash cow to disappear.

1. One huge difference today than in 1967 is there is NO draft to beat up the administration with.

2. We have a President that wants to win and (not one, ala LBJ who will quit on his troops.)

Just once I would like to see these Lefitists losers support the good guys for a change, instead of running down our country, and giving aid and comfort to our enemies.

Just once I would like to see a Kennedy , Kerry, Clinton et al. actually say we must win this war in Iraq, our future depends on it. We must win the War on Terror .

Instead they are so concerned about the POWs in Gitmo, or "oh my" some guard peed on a koran, this from the same people who want to take 'God' our of the pledge.

We are fighting two enemies, the known one throughout the world aka ,'The Terrorists' (which in some cases is easier than the covert ones at home) and the ones at home.

Today is the 61st anniversary of the invasion of Saipan, Tinian came in July,. within 4 days of fighting on Saipan the combined forces of the 2nd and 4th Marine Division's and the 27th Army division took over 4000 casualties. Can anyone imagine if the same bunch was in Washington in 1944, And the press we have today?

I have had it with the hate America-first crowd, that includes the Liberal Senate and House Deomcrats , the Press and the socalled Peace lobby.

I am proud of My Country, Proud of the Marines serving today, and also the Army and Navy, and I am proud of my service in the Marines. But it seems as if we are fighting the same battle over and over again and that is to defend our country from within.

This is one battle we MUST win.

OLE SARG
06-30-05, 11:27 AM
hillary - this is the best the democrats can do for a presidential candidate!!!!!!!!!

hillary along with the rest of her clones on the hill are a bunch of clowns. hillary, kerry, durbin, kennedy, etc., are the present day "Our Gang".

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG