View Full Version : Army Recruits Quickly Abused in Training

thedrifter
06-28-05, 08:30 AM
Army Recruits Quickly Abused in Training <br />
June 27, 2005 7:16 PM <br />
By DYLAN T. LOVAN <br />
Associated Press Writer <br />
<br />
FORT KNOX, Ky. (AP) - The recruits of Echo Company stumbled off the bus for basic...

hrscowboy
06-28-05, 11:45 AM
What a bunch of babies I guess they never thought it was going to get rougher than that when they get to combat? Sissy boys is what i call them.. They have no place in My Armed Services.. enuff said.

sgt.lane
06-28-05, 12:34 PM
Sombody got a tissue???? Somebody got a cotton torpedo for this dude's MAN-GINA infection????????????ABUSE??????????? WHATEVER------- That was the "WELCOME TO MY MARINE CORPS" greeting ceremony about 0230 hours-- complete with footprints so you knew where to stand and you knew you would not get that part wrong!!!! It was positive re=== enforcement................HAHAHAHA

hrscowboy
06-28-05, 02:10 PM
girly boys thats the bottom line...

jinelson
06-28-05, 02:33 PM
I reckon that they believe our enemies would treat them with love and respect if they were to be captured. If you cant take it here you cant take it there. What a bunch of Puss Cakes.

Joseph P Carey
06-28-05, 02:43 PM
These people have not lived until they have been smacked with a 'Swagger Stick'! Maybe this is the reason that Marines are being used more in Iraq than are the Army units. The last four major operations against the insurgents have been conducted by Marines and Iraqis. These are the 'go to' guys when things have to be done.

Lord, it makes me feel better to have been a Marine. At least I know that they cared enough to make me ready for anything that may come my way! Even in combat, things were never as bad as were those first two weeks in PI Boot Camp. I was prepared!

Phantom Blooper
06-28-05, 03:49 PM
.Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Army issue (6) Six each Boxer Skivvies...(1) One Piece 3' FRILLY LACE....(1) One Sewing Kit (Housewife).....(1) One Pair Scissors/Blunt....Nomenclatures Unknown.

Instructions: Take above items and sew FRILLY LACE on to Skivvies.Using (1)One Pair Scissors/Blunt Cut Boxer Skivvies into shape of female undergarments. Take left over material and cut into shape of hearts, sew on to new Army issue under garments.

Then complete Army training or take your pansy a$$ home.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall
:marine:

Jock
06-28-05, 05:01 PM
Some of that lot need to come to the UK and find out what real Marines have to go through in training, no disrespect to you guys. I trained you US Navy Seals back in the 60s but was treated well by your country, I am more affiliated to Amerca than to Europe, kick ass and more ass and get rid of females in your corp, they have no place in the Marine Corp and most definatly not in Her Majesties Marine Corps. in Great BRITAIN, THEY WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTED.

LivinSoFree
06-28-05, 06:31 PM
All I can do anymore is shake my head in disbelief. Sure, there's a line between training and abuse, but it's certainly a lot further back than where the d*mn civilians wanna put it now...

david fox
06-28-05, 07:05 PM
I have to agree with my fellow service members on this one. Give the Army a hanky. This is not my step-fathers Army he loved for 20 years. I am sad to (I'm in another service-USCG) we are a little soft by comparasion as well. I was stationed in Cape May for a number of years, our training center, and was amazed by some of the stuff Company Commanders had to put up with. It showed up in the fleet. I am proud to say my son (3/7 Marine in 29 Palms) was raised to be in the front and kicking ass. Sorry to hear the Army has gone to less than favorable ways to help toughen up personnel. I agree that you do not want to abuse but getting their attention another thing.

seabag
06-28-05, 09:17 PM
In a way you can't blame these recruits for being disallusioned.

look at the way the tv commercials sell the army, "earn money for college", "an army of one" {love that one}, and the latest for the army reserve where they are trying to convince the parents- "it's good training, right?"

Marine advertisements on the other hand pretty much tell you right up front, "panty waist's need not apply".