PDA

View Full Version : For Queen and country

thedrifter
06-22-05, 10:50 AM
For Queen and country
By Matthew Rufus
Wednesday, 22 June 2005

Thirty two weeks of intense military training has seen 21-year-old Michael Stubbs don his coveted green beret and join the elite ranks of the British 42 Commando Royal Marines.
The former Blaxland High School school and East Blaxland resident is now based full-time in Plymouth, England.

But England is familiar ground for Michael, having taught as assistant teacher at St James Choir School, Grimsby in 2002 after being selected as part of the GAP (Great Britian Australia Program), through his school.

The Royal Marines has a reputation for putting its cadets through physically demanding military training, all the more reason, Michael says, to take on the challenge.

"Everything we do is progressive which enables people with all standards of fitness to achieve the final goal and that is to finish training and serve as a Royal Marines Commando - that's challenging for any man," said Michael.

"It's been a fantastic experience and it doesn't stop here. When I join 42 Commando Royal Marines I could be deployed anywhere in the world."

The distinctive hallmark of a Royal Marines Commando is the green beret, indicating to others the wearer has undergone gruelling tests of endurance, courage and determination.

Michael said the career path is all the more exciting with the prospect that he will be operating on land, sea and air as a Royal Marines Commando.

Blaxland High School principal, Steve Okell, said he was very proud of Michael's achievement and he was a fine example of an Australian.

Ellie

Jock
06-28-05, 05:21 PM
hI mRS sTUBBS
good on your son passing out from the Royal N
Marines it is a fantastic achievement The Corps of Her Majeties Royal Marines, is the most fantastic Corps in the world . there is noone that can match them, I am 65 years of age and served 25 years in the Corps, involved in conflicts worldwide,, and feel I am still a Marine, you can take the man out of the Marines out of the Marines, but not the MMarine out the man . that is true

hrscowboy
06-28-05, 09:41 PM
hey dont them Royal Marines wear dresses ???

3BadgeMarine
06-30-05, 03:55 PM
:no: Jock!........How come you managed 25 years in the Royal Corps. <br />
You state joined in 1958 discharged in 1972 by my mathermatics that works out at 15 years. <br />
Conflics,Kenya,the uprising started in...

thedrifter
06-30-05, 04:58 PM
Thank You 3Badgemarine for the info..

Ellie

Derek Blevins
07-01-05, 08:04 AM
3BadgeMarine

I agree with you that good old 'Jock' needs to get his facts right before 'posing' or 'posting' as a former Royal Marine.

Either that, or he needs to spend more time with his grammar and spell checker when posting his views on this site, as he's making us look bad! Maybe it's too much Highland Brew in the garden.

;)

Derek

Sticky blue
07-01-05, 03:04 PM
He wasn't on the balcony as well by any chance was he?

Now, what colour is the Boatshed at RM Pool?

Come on Jock, what was your NAMET score 5.56 or 7.62?

Rover
07-02-05, 03:04 AM
Jock,

Just what do you grow in your garden??

Whatever it is stop inhaling.

Rover

Gary Treacher
07-02-05, 04:31 PM
Come on Jock, what was your NAMET score 5.56 or 7.62?

No it was the Imperial 0.223

LivinSoFree
07-02-05, 04:47 PM
Damn! Didn't know we had so many Bootnecks aboard here!

Ran into a few of your compatriots down in Alabama a couple weeks ago outside the chow hall... didn't get a chance to talk, but it was cool to see... between us and them, the Army didn't really look like they ran that post anymore!

Joseph P Carey
07-02-05, 04:56 PM
I see that HRM Royal Marines are just a guarded over the wannabees as we are! You go Marines! We'll back you guys up any day!