PDA

View Full Version : Won't buy

redneck13
06-21-05, 09:14 AM
:mad: :devious: I was in a Western Wear store not long ago, wanting to buy a Western Dress shirt for a Funeral. I picked out one that was very nice, would fit with what I had to wear. I looked on the label to see what size, how to wash etc. Then I seen........."MADE IN VIETNAM." I threw the shirt on the deck, stomped it. Walked out fightin' mad. "HOW COULD THE "WRANGLER" Company do such a thing? I mean it's bad enough for WWII Vets I personally know to buy anything made in Japan. And I'm sure for the Vet's in the European Theatre, feel the same way, maybe, about Germany. But of course you know there are many "beemer's and bugs" out there.
I have boycotted "WRANGLER." I used to buy their jeans. I wonder if the next pair of boots I buy will be made in "IRAQ" Or in "AFGANASTN?"
I was very angry for a couple of reasons. One. We lost so many and Vietnames/Chinese, have, as well as Iraqi's don't have any feelings about human "life." Marines died so they, the USA, could have jobs, and yet, we send our stuff over there, have them make it, in "sweat shops" and then buy it back from them. Two.
Any "Cowboy"(or wanna be) or Marine, worth their Salt, in my opinion shouldn't buy anything from these pukes. It's another example of wonderful Gov't, kickin' us again in the teeth, and never thinkin' twice. "Made in Mexico." If there were any alive today from that war? They I'm sure would have the same feelings.
I told the Mgr. after he asked me to pay the dry cleaning bill, "Hey?" "I know it ain't your fault because "Wrangler" makes their stuff in the Land of "OZ!!" "But you too, should not carry their brands." "It's a slap n' the face to us Nam Vet's." "See ya!!"
I know "I can't change how things are done in Washington." "Even if I vote." Because money talks, and ________walks. But I don't have to buy it. People might say; "Hey get over it." I say. "How can I"

radio relay
06-21-05, 09:57 AM
I've seen crap that was made in Vietnam on store shelves too. I don't buy any of it, of course, but there are so many yahoos in this country that don't know or care about the Vietnam war.

It's pretty demoralizing sometimes.

They wonder why nobody wants to join the Army. Well, why put yourself on the line for people who don't care about you, and leadership that doesn't support you? Why put yourself on the line for a the patriotic ideal of protecting your country, when your leaders sell you out to the enemy?

It breaks my heart every day.

The millions who have served in our military to protect this country, and keep it safe, are chumps. Spit on, and laughed at every day by the slimey money mongers with no sense of honor, loyalty, or duty to country.

hrscowboy
06-21-05, 10:58 AM
Gentlemen whos selling us out? This country is in shambles both the democrates and the republicans have sold this country out and moved many jobs to other countries. Its not going to be much longer and you wont be able to find anything made in america thats the buttom line....

Don Faria
06-21-05, 02:40 PM
In WW11 the Japs were animals. When it came to human rights there weren't any for the Americans. I still hate the little bastards, but if I want anything electronic - oh well.

We fought about a million Chinamen in Korea, but try to find much of anything that's not made in China...

redneck13
06-22-05, 12:42 PM
Thank Ya'll, for your opinions. And all of you are right. I recently went to a "flea-market." They had "MARINE CORPS HATS", 6.oo bucks. When I looked where it was made? "VIETNAM." And Bush welcomes the ******* leader/president/premiere of a "communist nation, that all of us fought to keep from happening. Live's lost for, F%^&*( What?
And you're right. This country is goin' down hill like a snow-ball headed for hell. I'm 100% true Blue "AMERICAN" and "NATIVE AMERICAN", and I can't stand the thought of how many Marines, gave their lives for these commy basturds.!!!!

Joseph P Carey
06-22-05, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by radio relay
The millions who have served in our military to protect this country, and keep it safe, are chumps. Spit on, and laughed at every day by the slimey money mongers with no sense of honor, loyalty, or duty to country.

You do know who it was that went to Vietnam and obtained a multimillion dollar contract for his brother-in-law do you not, to rebuild Hiaphong Harbor? It was your man, Kerry! He was also the one that discontinued the search for American POWs, by destroying sighting reports of Americans still held in Vietnam! I don't know about the War-Mongers, but I do know about the 'No sense of honor, loyalty, or duty to their country!' John Kerry, a National hero in Hanoi!

Joseph P Carey
06-22-05, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by wind'nface
Thank Ya'll, for your opinions. And all of you are right. I recently went to a "flea-market." They had "MARINE CORPS HATS", 6.oo bucks. When I looked where it was made? "VIETNAM." And Bush welcomes the ******* leader/president/premiere of a "communist nation, that all of us fought to keep from happening. Live's lost for, F%^&*( What?
And you're right. This country is goin' down hill like a snow-ball headed for hell. I'm 100% true Blue "AMERICAN" and "NATIVE AMERICAN", and I can't stand the thought of how many Marines, gave their lives for these commy basturds.!!!!

Wind'nface,

History is not your strong suit is it?

It was President Clinton that opened ties with the Vietnamese, not President Bush, and he (President Clinton) did it by sending John Kerry to Vietnam!

My Dad fought against the Forces of Japan in the South Pacific as a US Marine, and he had made many beachhead landings. When asked about the Japanese Army and Marines, he would only say they were good soldiers. He had no problem buying things from Japan, but he was upset when the US Government turned over old Navy ships to rebuild the Japanese Navy. Hell, one of his sons married a Japanese girl, and another has lived with one for the last 20 years, both US Marines, I might add, and both wounded in combat in Vietnam, and my Dad accepted both the women with opened arms.

As far as the Vietnamese go, it was Congress that gave the war in South East Asia to the Vietnamese, not the American Soldier or Marine, and it was a Democrat Congress to boot.

Learn History, and you will not feel so inadaquate when someone chides you on it.

Osotogary
06-22-05, 02:54 PM
"You do know who it was that went to Vietnam and obtained a multimillion dollar contract for his brother-in-law do you not, to rebuild Hiaphong Harbor? It was your man, Kerry! He was also the one that discontinued the search for American POWs, by destroying sighting reports of Americans still held in Vietnam! "

What a vermin. And this guy ran for President of the United States? Hells bells, I couldn't care less if he was a Democrat or a Republican, or for that matter, an Independent. If what you say is correct, Mr. Carey, then this Kerry fellow is truly a man to be despised. Haiphong Harbor? That's business (I didn't say that I liked it but it is business). Discontinuing the search for American POWs by destroying sighting reports of Americans still held in Vietnam is treasonous and contemptous as all get out. The man doesn't even deserve a hand shake let alone a nomination for President.

Thank you, Mr. Carey, for another enlightening entry.

Joseph P Carey
06-22-05, 03:48 PM
Perhaps, the proof is in reading. In fairness, this is how Senator Kerry puts a light on the situation: http://www.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/062103.shtml <br />
<br />
The rapprochement with...

eddief
06-22-05, 04:54 PM
This is the globalization that BOTH parties have given us.

redneck13
06-23-05, 10:53 AM
NO...MY MAN "KERRY?" "I DON'T THINK SO." "THANKYA'LL FOR GIVING ME THIS INFORMATION." It only fuels the fire I have for this, rat F%^&*piece of Dog Dung.
He's a disgrace to "AMERICA" a Disgrace to all Nam Vets. And he's total Pen Head. NO. I didn't know that "Clinton" had sent him. Ya see? I'm not much of a "new's watcher/paper reader.
It's all to depressing, and this "CONFLICT" brings back to many memories that set me back, from the "LAND OF OZ." BUT I'M GRATEFUL TO HAVE PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF TO HELP ME.
I CERTAINTLY STRUCK A NERVE. I MAY NOT AGREE WITH EVERYTHING. BUT AS MARINES? I'M PROUD THAT YOU KEEP ME IN LINE. SEMPER FI...WIND'NFACE

Ed Palmer
06-23-05, 11:41 AM
http://www.apfn.net/messageboard/01-22-04/discussion.cgi.34.html
Yep its all true read for yourself

Joseph P Carey
06-23-05, 01:03 PM
Ed,

The fact of the matter is, if there were three Muslim Fundamentalist prisoners held in a closet in Hoboken, NJ, the Press would be all over it, but 700 American Service Personnel and Civilians being held in Communist Countries, One being North Vietnam (Yes, I still call it North Vietnam, because we still have representatives of a Free Republic of South Vietnam in Exile in Washington, DC), that is not news.

Kerry did all he could to cover things up by the shredding of sighting reports, which would have been declassified in time, and he could not have had that, but the truth will come out in the end. Kerry hopes the MIA/POW thing will all go away with time and the death of individuals who were witnesses. It is just another dirty 'Left Wing Lie' that will probably never be owned up to by Kerry and others.

Call me a Conspiratorist if you want, but numbers do not lie, and the numbers and conditions of the released MIA/POWs do not match. The trouble with the North Vietnamese Intelligence People was that they did not go back far enough to erase the reports of live captures of Americans pilots. In their efforts to pull the wool over the Representatives of President Clinton, as they were looking for the almighty American Dollar, they made mistakes, and the mistakes were found.

I hold out little hope that any are alive since Kerry's visit to North Vietnam 1993. The political backlash against the Democrats would have been too much. If any were alive then, I am sure they were summarily executed to help an 'old friend' maintain an 'old lie'.

"Senator Kerry Reporting for duty!" (But, for whom does his bell toll?)

OLE SARG
06-23-05, 03:01 PM
I have dispised this piece of **** since Vietnam. He is vermon and should be shot as the traitor he is. I would even volunteer the ammo to do this creep in.

I wouldn't **** in kerry's face if it was on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I put ole john fonda kerry right up there with ole hanoi jane.

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG