PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter To Senator Dick Durbin:

thedrifter
06-20-05, 09:38 PM
An Open Letter To Senator Dick Durbin:

Senator Durbin,

You’ve gone too far with the disgraceful comments you made on the Senate floor comparing our troops to Hitler, Pol Pot and Joseph Stalin.

I’ve seen some disgusting and foolish statements made by politicians in my time but yours would surely win the prize.

Pol Pot? Senator do you know how many Cambodians Pol Pot murdered in the killing fields? Millions. How many have died in Guantanamo? None.

Joseph Stalin? Nobody even knows for sure how many innocent Russians died at the hands of this demented lunatic and you have the nerve to even mention his foul name in the same breath as the United States Military?

Hitler? Well there’s one I remember, Senator. I remember seeing the newsreels of bulldozers pushing thousands of skeletal,
naked Jewish bodies into mass graves like so much garbage. When’s the last time that happened at Guantanamo Bay?

Gulags? Senator, you apparently don’t even know what a gulag is. Well to educate you, the gulags were cruel prisons in some of the most desolate places in the world where Stalin sent anybody who happened to disagree with him to be starved and worked to death. The detainees in Gitmo don’t even work and are fed better than they’ve ever been in their lives.

I’ve been to Guantanamo. Have you? Or are you just taking some nameless person’s word for all the things you claim happened
there?

And you say that not having the air conditioner set on the proper temperature in the detainees’ cells is torture? Well there were no air conditioners in Stalin’s gulags and Hitler’s concentration camps.

And the music was played too loud? Well mercy me, isn’t that just about the worse thing you can do to a human being.

You need to go back to school, Senator, and learn the facts. The facts being that there is absolutely no comparison between Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, gulags or concentration camps and what is going on in Guantanamo Bay. And you should be totally ashamed of yourself for making one.

You’ve gone too far, Senator. Even an out of control Howard Dean wouldn’t say what you’ve said. In guess it’s just the left wing of the Democrat party showing its true colors.

And no I am not a Republican. I am not an anything. I don’t vote along anybody’s party lines. I vote for the person not the party.

I’ll issue a challenge to you Senator Durbin.

Let me arrange a trip to Guantanamo Bay and you can see for yourself how the detainees are being treated. They could even put you in a cell for a while and you can have first hand experience and maybe they could even arrange to put you in one with one of the dear little darlings you’re so concerned about.

But if that happens, be sure you don’t carry any sharp pointed
articles into the cell with you.

These people play for keeps.

Pray for our troops.

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels
June 20, 2005

Ellie

003XXMarineDAD
06-20-05, 10:30 PM
Charlie Daniels has it right old turban Durbin has no clue to what goes on at Gitmo. It is a shame we could not send him and the likes of him to cuba where they belong with old Fidel.

jinelson
06-21-05, 01:14 AM
Hell Yeah Charlie get some bro