PDA

View Full Version : Totally Agree

redneck13
06-19-05, 01:31 PM
I'm in that 59% of Americans. There has been more "MARINES" killed than any other's.
I strongly support our men/women in arms. But this battle is "UN-ACHIEVEABLE!!!." Why? You can't fight and win an enemy "YOU CAN'T SEE." Wasn't this one of the greatest approaches used by the VC in Nam? Didn't other's from surrounding countries come to help fight with the VC?
We got the puke who should've been shot on sight.
Wasn't that our objective?
And will they ever catch B.L? I doubt it. He'll probably die, before we can capture him.
The problem that comes to mind is this; "When one of the tribal leader's like Hussien, the insane, there's another, right now, that is tryin' to take over. Same as the Taliban.
What purpose is it to lose so many lives? Sure the media doesn't show the "good we're doing", but at who's expense?
No life is worth losing over what, "OIL?" Or other.
In Nam, we were not totally prepared. Nor is this stupid war.
And when we leave? They'll go right back into killing each other just like they're doing now, you can bet on that.
I don't want to hear about another Marine fallen. And his family, given a "Flag" and they too most anyhow I've talked to, say, "he/she died for what?" :devious:

Fox 2/23
06-20-05, 08:46 AM
I feel the same way. The administration, with their airwave shrills leading the way, have tried to color anyone opposing the Iraq war as being anti-American and against the troops. My local National Guard unit will be arriving in Iraq soon(very soon). I have a number of friends serving in that unit. They are infantry so they can expect to be in the thick of what is going on in their area. One of these guys is a former Marine. Our kids played basketball together in high school. This battalion is drawn from a number of small towns in my state. Any casualties they recieve are going to be felt on a very personal level for those of us at home. To say we don't support the troops is ludicrous. You are right that nothing will change, even after we leave.

Phantom Blooper
06-20-05, 09:02 AM
C'mon Mr. Joe! Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall:marine:

redneck13
06-20-05, 10:32 AM
Fox 2/23? It hurts me to think about so many who are so close to so many in their area, that've been sent away to a "CONFLICT" (I USE "CONFLICT" because by all rules of our Gov't, no "WAR" has been declared by Congress, even though, it's still a "WAR" like in the land of "OZ, KOREA", NO DECLARATION.) But bombs, bullets, mortar's, mines, being thrown your way? It's only "MEN'S (this means Women also) way of realizing, "HEY WHAT'S A CONFLICT?" "THOSE RAG HEAD'S ARE SHOOTIN' AT US!!" "YEA." "I DON'T THINK OUR WONDERFUL ELECTED OFFICIAL'S WOULD BE SO EAGER TO GIVE INTO THE PRES. IF THEIR A_________'s WERE BEIN' SHOT AT, AND TO ME, HEY PAL?" "THIS IS WAR." "BUT WHO WE FIGHTING?" "THEM DUMMIE'S SHOOTIN' AT US." "OH, I THOUGHT THERE'D BE SOME SORT OF UNIFORM?" "NAH, MACK." "JUST LIKE OUR FORMER BROTHER'S/SISTER'S, THEY COULDN'T/DIDN'T TELL THEM APART." "OH, I GET IT." "WE ONLY SHOOT THOSE WE KNOW?" "TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH MAC?" "ALL I KNOW IS...IF A PERSON WITH AN "RPG" IS ABOUT TO TRY AND PUT ONE IN THIS HOLE?" "I'M GONNA DO ALL I CAN TO DROP HIM IN HIS TRACKS!!!" "IF THIS MEANS A WAR?" "THEN IT'S A WAR." "IF THIS MEANS A CONFLICT?" "WELL THEN IT'S A CONFLICT." "I CAN TELL YOU THIS." "I AIN'T GOIN' DOWN WITHOUT ME DOIN' ALL I CAN TO BLOW THEM "PR^&*'S" OUTTA OF HERE, LET THEM GET THEIR VIRGIN'S." "I'M RIGHT WITCHYA." Fox, 2/23? I know we were attacked. But who did it? And I know this Mad Man, S. Hussein the "insane" needed to be taken out."
The United States of America, had best wake itself up!!! AND QUIT TRYIN' TO PASS OUR WAYS ONTO TO OTHER'S WHO DON'T KNOW SQUAT ABOUT A "DEMOCRACY." I SAY..."LIVE AND LET LIVE." "BUT YOU DARE, DON'T YOU DARE USE MY FAMILY/FRIENDS/ SON'S/DAUGHTER'S, to and for "YOUR GAIN." My prayer's will be for all, forever. Including the ones who did the dasturdly deed of flyin' into the towers. NO, I won't forget. HELL NO. But....if these lame brain politicians would butt out? Is our Military Commander's, capable of dealing with this mess? I don't think so. Gen. Swartzkoff, had this creep in his sights. "LET ME GET HIM."
"NO, Sr. Bush said." "JUST LIKE "HARRY TRUMAN'S TIME, WHEN THE OL' PIPE SMOKIN' GENERAL (whom by the way, killed our own WWI troops who marched on Washington) WANTED TO TAKE CHINA." AM I ANTI-AMERICAN? NO. BUT I CAN SMELL%^&*( BEFORE I STEP IN IT. YOU PLEASE? PUT ALL YOUR BUD'S ON A PRAYER LINE, SOMEWHERE, AND PRAYER'S ARE ANSWERED. K? I'm so glad you wrote to me. Wind 'n Face

outlaw3179
06-20-05, 11:27 AM
Im sorry....but i guess we should only stay if its an easy fight?????

Marines , this fight is not easy , if it was going to be an easy fight everyone would want to come be on our team. It is our responsibiltiy to show our resolve and focus on the end state. I dont think we are ever going to change those peoples ideas. Thats fine, but what do have to show is that you dont pick a fight with us and that well leave if you kill a few our guys. Thats an insurgencys goal.
Dont think im just saying this because i saw a good story on CNN or something. Just like most Marines nowadays I was over there also.
I firmly believe that is our duty to finish this fight.
Remember :

1. Mission accomplishment
2. Troop welfare

Joseph P Carey
06-20-05, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by wind'nface
I'm in that 59% of Americans. There has been more "MARINES" killed than any other's.
I strongly support our men/women in arms. But this battle is "UN-ACHIEVEABLE!!!." Why? You can't fight and win an enemy "YOU CAN'T SEE." Wasn't this one of the greatest approaches used by the VC in Nam? Didn't other's from surrounding countries come to help fight with the VC?
We got the puke who should've been shot on sight.
Wasn't that our objective?
And will they ever catch B.L? I doubt it. He'll probably die, before we can capture him.
The problem that comes to mind is this; "When one of the tribal leader's like Hussien, the insane, there's another, right now, that is tryin' to take over. Same as the Taliban.
What purpose is it to lose so many lives? Sure the media doesn't show the "good we're doing", but at who's expense?
No life is worth losing over what, "OIL?" Or other.
In Nam, we were not totally prepared. Nor is this stupid war.
And when we leave? They'll go right back into killing each other just like they're doing now, you can bet on that.
I don't want to hear about another Marine fallen. And his family, given a "Flag" and they too most anyhow I've talked to, say, "he/she died for what?" :devious:

Wind'nface,

Perhaps I am a little confused by your arguement.

What oil? I do not see US Ships pulling up to the port and filling up with Iraqi oil.

I do not remember where it is that Marines had any choice as to where they fight, or for what reason they fight, other than it was ordered of them.

It was the same in Vietnam. We won our fights, but we were constrained in the areas we could pursue the enemy. So what! That was our job! The same thing happened to the 1st Mar Div in China at the end of the WWII (100645 to 122547), when the Marines were placed in an area to do their duty. Nothing was said of the 13 marines KIA or the 42 WIA against Communist Forces there.

Who the hell said being a Marine was a safe occupation? Not mentioning the Vietnam Operation, or the Chinese landing after WWII, or even the Korean War, but since WWI Marines have been sent into so many different conficts and sent home without a final resolution, it is about time the final resolution has been obtained.
World War I, 6 Apr. 1917 - 11 Nov. 1918: KIA 2,461 WIA 9,520; Intervention in the Dominican Republic, 28 Apr. 1965 - 21 Sep. 1966: KIA 9 WIA 25; "Mayaguez Incident," battle with Khmer Rouge forces, Koh Tang Island, Cambodia, 14 May 1975: KIA 14 WIA 41; Lebanon Peacekeeping, 25 Aug. 1982 - 26 Feb. 1984: KIA 234 WIA 151; Operation Restore Hope, Somalia, 9 Dec. 1992 - 4 May 1994: KIA 2 WIA 15; Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraqi, 19 Mar through 1 May 2003 KIA 55 WIA 269 (Most of these men were killed by the US Air Force, not by the Iraqi). This does not mention the unlisted numbers of US Marines killed and Wounded at different Embassies in the world since WWI. Marines have been putting their collective asses on the line for a long time, and the government has pulled them out without a chance at a little pay-back. Maybe it is our time now to complete a mission.

The only thing I have ever seen as unachievable is a political victory in the name of the USA. Militarily, we win ever battle.

Phantom Blooper
06-20-05, 03:22 PM
C'mon Mr. Joe! Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

That seventh sense works just about everytime. I knew it wouldn't be too long before Mr. Carey sniffed out this thread.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

:banana:

Pvt Drake
06-20-05, 05:27 PM
I've been training up for Iraq for the past 6 months, and our #1 mission right now is public relations. If anyone has been to saso lately thats drilled into your head so many times. Right now our goal is to become friends with the Iraqi people.

Joseph P Carey
06-20-05, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Blooper

That seventh sense works just about everytime. I knew it wouldn't be too long before Mr. Carey sniffed out this thread.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

:banana:

Heh! Heh! Did you really think I would not show my ugly head Phantom? I enjoy the 'slogan crowd', becuase they are so easy to beat up on.

redneck13
06-21-05, 07:26 AM
I agree, disagree. But I respect all of ya'lls input....And I respect each person who responded.
It's not my purpose to down play the "good" we never see in the news. It takes people who've been there, who might be going, to help us who don't get the real stuff to get what the liberal media isn't/won't tell most American's. I also remember, LOR to ya'll, when I was going to Nam, or the "land of Oz." I got so pumped up. "YEA I'M A GRUNT." "I'M GONNA________!!!""" I GOT many pep talks. But ya'll will just have to experience it. And tell me I'm wrong. Come back to us safe, sound, and with honor, a job well done. Marine.K? Semper-fi

Fox 2/23
06-21-05, 09:09 AM
Phantom, earlier you asked if Joe was looking to run for office. I think he's looking to become a radio talk show host down there in blazing hot Tucson. He's got his talking points down pat. You're a great American Joe! Oops, that line is already taken.

Phantom Blooper
06-21-05, 10:13 AM
Marines,Sometimes I just like to keep the flame going and kindle the fire.It sometimes gets interesting. As long as we are repectful of each other...Go for it! IMO there is a bunch on here that would make great talk show hosts. The problem would be the ratings because of the bias opinions. Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall:marine: :banana:

Fox 2/23
06-21-05, 12:02 PM
we'll have to call you the phantom pot-stirrer

Joseph P Carey
06-21-05, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by wind'nface
I agree, disagree. But I respect all of ya'lls input....And I respect each person who responded.
It's not my purpose to down play the "good" we never see in the news. It takes people who've been there, who might be going, to help us who don't get the real stuff to get what the liberal media isn't/won't tell most American's. I also remember, LOR to ya'll, when I was going to Nam, or the "land of Oz." I got so pumped up. "YEA I'M A GRUNT." "I'M GONNA________!!!""" I GOT many pep talks. But ya'll will just have to experience it. And tell me I'm wrong. Come back to us safe, sound, and with honor, a job well done. Marine.K? Semper-fi

Wind'nface,

When I arrived at the 7th Marines, it was November 3, 1965, as a replacement, it was just two of us, myself and a Corporal I knew in the 8th Marines. We were marched into the Regimental CO's Office and we stood tall in front of the desk of Colonel Peatrose who told us, in no uncertain words, "We are here at the request of the Government of South Vietnam; we are here to destroy the enemies of America; we are here to assist the South Vietnamese people, and, we are not here for Mom's Apple pie or anything like that. We are here to preform as Marines in the tradition of the US Marine Corps, and I expect you men to acquit yourselves well as Marines. I am sorry I can not fill you in a little more on what will be expected of you, but your Company is preparing to go into action, and you only have a short amount of time before they lift off. There is a Company driver outside the tent, and he will take you to get your 782 gear, rifle and ammo, and you will join your unit. Good luck gentlemen. You are disnissed to join yoiur unit!"

What could you say to a men as eloquent as that but, "Aye Aye Sir!"

A quick drive to the hills surrounding Chu Lai to the west of the airbase, to the Battalion area, the supply tent, and off to the Battalion Landing Zone to join Kilo Company 3/7. A brief introducion to your Platoon Sergeant/Commander (one and the same); an intoroduction to your squad leader, and Fireteam leader, and on board helicopters going South, and my first meeting with Charlie.

Welcome to Vietnam! There was no pump, just 'Do your job Marine!' I rather liked it that way.

enviro
06-21-05, 01:39 PM
I have run throught the annuls of time and can find no war in recent history in which Marines fought in that the enemy fought "fair". We have fought against "Guerrillas" since our inception. Guerrilla warfare is one of the oldest forms of asymmetric warfare.

The Army got a "fair" fight with the Germans and Italians in WWII while Marines were hunting wily little Japs all over the Pacific. An enemy that couldn't be seen....

The Chinese snuck down during Korea while MacArthur claimed there are no Chinese in Korea. An enemy that couldn't be seen....

Chesty Puller and Dan Daly were making heros out of themselves fighting the Cacos rebels in Haiti. An enemy that couldn't be seen....

Chesty did it again in Nicaragua fighting rebels there. An enemy that couldn't be seen....

From the earliest historical days, Guerilla Warfare has been a feature of wars fought by every class of men against invaders and oppressors.

In 1812, Napoleon would have conquered Russia if it weren't for the Cossacks (Guerilla fighters).

We encourage guerrilla warfare to be used by other countries to overthrow their oppressive governments. With that we have to know how to fight it as well.

This type of warfare is not going away - and if we pull out now, every militant group around the world will see that we can be defeated with unconventional warfare.

ALSO - in no war has the United States ever been more prepared than this one. Check the history books. We had a non-existant military before each and every war. This country has had the most difficult time learning about a prepared military. It's a shame that we get into a war about every 10-15 years and the periods in between are when the military is "downsized" and equipment is mothballed.

redneck13
06-22-05, 01:17 PM
All I can say is; Who's right? Who's Wrong? I just don't understand, politics. As I'm a do'er, not a talker. "GET 'R DONE!!"