PDA

View Full Version : The Pull Up, Push Up, And Crunches

marinefamily5
06-16-05, 11:40 AM
Oo-rah, and Semper Fidelis from Semper fitness. Today we are going to conduct a motivating physical training (pt) session that you can do with your troops or by yourself at the gym. This session is designed to work the upper body and quadricep muscles. Let’s begin.
This session is called the Pull-up, Push-up, Crunch game. Of course we call it that because those are the three main exercises conducted during the session. The session is followed by 400 meter sprints. You'll obviously need access to a pull-up bar, multiple bars if you are training troops. Also, you'll need an area to do your pull-ups and crunches. Let’s get to the nitty gritty of the pt session.

With this session, each exercise is conducted one after another. We’ll start with pull-ups. You will do two pull-ups with a wide overhand grip with your palms facing outboard. Immediately after doing two pull-ups, you will do 10 push-ups (two-count). After doing the push-ups, you will do twenty crunches. You will consecutively do the three exercises. You will increase your pull-ups by one up to six (6) and your push-ups by five up to thirty (30). You continue to do twenty crunches for each continuous set. after you finish the 6 pull-ups and 30 push-ups, you will start over at two (2) pull-ups again. This time you will do your pull-ups underhand with your palms facing inboard. Again, you will increase your pull-ups by one up to six and your push-ups by five up to thirty, staying consistent with twenty crunches on each set.

To give you an example of what I mean, you will mount the pull-up bar with your palms facing outboard and your grip wide. you will do 2 pull-ups, 10 push-ups and 20 crunches. Next, you will do 3 pull-ups, 15 push-ups and 20 crunches. Further, you will do 4 pull-ups, 20 push-ups and 20 crunches. Again, once you make it to 6 pull-ups you will start all over at 2 pull-ups with an underhand grip and repeat it all over again. Upon finishing the pull-up, push-up, crunch part of the session, you will have your troops stretch and then you will run them to a 400 meter track if you have access to one. Have them break up into teams and do three sets of 400 meter relay sprints. I guarantee after this workout the quads, back, chest and abdominals will be exhausted. Ensure that your troops stretch before, during and after their workout.

Well, that’s a quick workout for you. I hope you all try this one and get the benefits from this extremely motivating and grueling workout. Well, that’s it for this issue. Join us here next issue where we’ll have some good scoop for you on the body. Stay pumped, stay motivated and OO-RAH!

Semper Fidelis!

jgorosco
06-16-05, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the workout but one thing.......When do you pull out the beer and drink, before or after

SEMPER FI
IYAOYAS

marinefamily5
06-16-05, 12:09 PM
i would do it after............but had a buddy of mine went out for his 21st B-DAY and got hammered and the next we had a 15 mile hump and we got there at the staging area and he was still freaking drunk but he made the hole 15 miles he was punking his guts up but he made it