PDA

View Full Version : Chaplain,,Preacer,,Priest & Rabbi

cadetat6
06-12-05, 01:27 PM
A priest, a Pentecostal preacher and a Rabbi all served as Chaplians to the students of Northern Michigan University in Marguette. They would get together two or three time a week for coffee and to talk shop. One day some made the comment that preaching to people isn't really that hard. A reall challenge woud be to preach to a bear. One thing led to another and they decided to an experiment. They would all go ut into the woods find a bear and preach to it, and try to convert it. Seven day later they're all together to dicuss their experience.

The priest who has his arm in a sling, is on crutches and has various bandages, goes first. "Well" he says. "I went into the woods and found me a bear. I began to read to him from the Catechism, but the bear wanted nothing to do with me. He slapped me around, so I quickly sprinkled holy water on him, and he became as gentle as a lamb.

The preacher spoke next. He was in a wheel chair, with his arm and both legs in casts, and an IV in his arm. the preacher says, "Well brothers, you know that we don't use holy water. I went out and I found me a bear, I began to read the WORD to him, but the bear wanted nothing to do with me. So I grabbed the bear, and we began to rassle. We rassled down hill, up and down another till we came to a crick. So I quickly DUNKED him and baptized him. And just like you said he became as gentle as a lamb.

They both looked down at rabbi, who lying in a hospital bed. He was in a complete body cast, and traction with tubes and monitors running in and out of him. He was in bad shape. The rabbi looked up at them and said, "you fellows don't even know what trouble it is until you try to circumcise a bear.