PDA

View Full Version : The American Military Tortured Me

Wyoming
06-10-05, 08:20 AM
By Rolal Leahcim Nareik - June 08, 2005 <br />
<br />
We were driven onto the island in a bus late at night. They drove us all around the island before we could get off. I later learned that the reason for...

OLE SARG
06-10-05, 09:16 AM
The POW's (?????) in GitMo have got it made. All they do is sit around and dream up complaints to lodge against anybody who looks like they might be a guard or supervisor. As I was reading Big Al's post the first thing that entered my mind was this sounds like what I went through in Boot Camp - So POW'S (????) save your complaints for somebody (ALL OF OUR POLITIANS) WHO GIVES A CHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kill them all - let allah or God sort them out!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

CHOPPER7199
06-10-05, 09:21 AM
GEE, SOUNDS LIKE BOOT CAMP GOT SOFT A LITTLE. SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE IN THE 50,S. GLAD YOU MADE THE CLUB, AS THE THOUSANDS BEFORE YOU AND AFTER YOU WILL DO THE SAME. THE TRAVEL THRU BOOT IS A LIFE CHANGING THING FOR THE BETTER OF MAN KIND. SEMPER FI

Jarhed
06-10-05, 09:31 AM
hahaha!!!

sgt.lane
06-10-05, 10:51 AM
That was cool!!!!

ese4mc
06-10-05, 02:37 PM
GOOD GOD ,WHERE IS THE ACLU WHEN YOU NEED THEM---PROBABLY DEFENDING A CHILD MOLESTER OR SOME OTHER
DEFENDANT

Joseph P Carey
06-10-05, 04:52 PM
Read this thing again. For anyone that has been to PI, what does it remind you of. Yes Sir! That is the first day at PI. Does that mean that all of us Marines, have a right to sue the government...

CHOPPER7199
06-10-05, 05:39 PM
QUESTION? HOW COME HE CALLS MILITARY MAN, INSTEAD OF THE D.I.? THEN AGAIN, A MILITARTY MAN RIPPED THE HOLY BOOK FROM A MAN,S HAND. SOUNDS FISHY TO ME, MY DAYS AS OF NOW STILL SAY D.I. OR THEN DRILL INSTRUCTOR. NEVER A MILITARY MAN, GIVE ME A BREAK. PARRIS ISLAND, YES, BEEN THERE DONE THAT AND MORE. MONTHS, HMM, MUST HAVE BEEN PUT BACK A COUPLE OF TIMES. ITS STILL 12-13 WEEKS I BELIEVE. IF I REMEMBER, IT WAS 1ST. BATT. ACROSS THE PARADE FIELD FROM 2ND. BATT. AND 3 RD. BATT. WAS DOWN THE STREET FROM 2ND. IN QUANSIT HUTS. MY 2ND. BATT. BUILDINGS HAD THE GOOD OLD WOOD BUILDINGS. OUTDOOR THEATER WAS OVER NEAR 1ST. BATT. SOUND FAMILURE TO ANY ONE?

sgt.r.n.davis
06-10-05, 08:02 PM
O'MY, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THIS JUNE 14,2005( FLAG DAY). I GRADUATED FROM PARRIS ISLAND 1971...WOW!!! WHERE DID THE TIME GO TO? 34 YEARS NOW.:marine: :D :cool:

Osotogary
06-10-05, 09:16 PM
It's also my sister's birthday and woe is me if I ever forget it! LOL.

sgt.r.n.davis- Thank you for your service to your Country and , certainly, have the best of birthdays.
Gary

jirzman
06-10-05, 10:08 PM
HEAR WHAT PATTON HAS TO SAY ABOUT IT .tURN UP THE SPEAKERS.

http://patriotfilesannex.org/General_Patton_Message.htm

mikecain1
10-21-06, 02:11 AM
You should have been in when the beat the hell out of you in 1971
only got beat twice but had some were beat daily

10thzodiac
02-03-07, 01:16 PM
You should have been in when the beat the hell out of you in 1971
only got beat twice but had some were beat daily
Abu Ghraib http://mindprod.com/politics/abughraibpix.html#ABUGHRAIBPIX

SkilletsUSMC
02-03-07, 01:26 PM
QUESTION? HOW COME HE CALLS MILITARY MAN, INSTEAD OF THE D.I.? THEN AGAIN, A MILITARTY MAN RIPPED THE HOLY BOOK FROM A MAN,S HAND. SOUNDS FISHY TO ME, MY DAYS AS OF NOW STILL SAY D.I. OR THEN DRILL INSTRUCTOR. NEVER A MILITARY MAN, GIVE ME A BREAK. PARRIS ISLAND, YES, BEEN THERE DONE THAT AND MORE. MONTHS, HMM, MUST HAVE BEEN PUT BACK A COUPLE OF TIMES. ITS STILL 12-13 WEEKS I BELIEVE. IF I REMEMBER, IT WAS 1ST. BATT. ACROSS THE PARADE FIELD FROM 2ND. BATT. AND 3 RD. BATT. WAS DOWN THE STREET FROM 2ND. IN QUANSIT HUTS. MY 2ND. BATT. BUILDINGS HAD THE GOOD OLD WOOD BUILDINGS. OUTDOOR THEATER WAS OVER NEAR 1ST. BATT. SOUND FAMILURE TO ANY ONE?

He is trying to change the details so that it sounds like a concentration camp. Im sure the Marine knows that they are D.I.s

bigdog43701
02-03-07, 01:28 PM
ahh yes...parris island august 1970. 1st bn had ac brick barracks, 2d Battalion airconditioned (windex) wood barracks and 3rd bn ac brick barracks. di's hitting recruits didn't happen (at least thats what i told cid when they came around 2 days before outpost). i didn't seem to remember the di throwing a 45 pistol across the room and hitting the kid next to me in his pumpkin for falling asleep. i also remember "the sand was 18 inches deep, and the sun was scorching hot". October 17, 1970 was the day i was born. that is the day i was first called...A MARINE.

FistFu68
02-03-07, 01:33 PM
:evilgrin: PLEASURE ISLAND~WASN'T CHIT~JAN.68~COMPARED TOO MY HOUSE ON A SATURDAY MORNING!WITH MY MAMA SLAPPIN,MY YOUNG BUTT,SILLY;TO GET MY AZZ UP TOO DO THE CHORE'S!!!IT WAS ALWAY'S AT 5A.M!!!(LMFAO) SEMPER~HELL:D

SkilletsUSMC
02-03-07, 01:35 PM
ahh yes...parris island august 1970. 1st bn had ac brick barracks, 2d Battalion airconditioned (windex) wood barracks and 3rd bn ac brick barracks. di's hitting recruits didn't happen (at least thats what i told cid when they came around 2 days before outpost). i didn't seem to remember the di throwing a 45 pistol across the room and hitting the kid next to me in his pumpkin for falling asleep. i also remember "the sand was 18 inches deep, and the sun was scorching hot". October 17, 1970 was the day i was born. that is the day i was first called...A MARINE.

I remember going out to drill, and leaving the PLT ****bag behind to iron drill covers. When we returned he had a big red iron burn on his face... I remember a recruit having his head splashed in and out of a head that he had just **** into without permision. And I rememeber a recruit getting smashed in the head with a helmet much the same way you described the 45 pistol incident. I rememeber being choked until my vision faded out, and kicked in the Balls by DIs. But that wasnt in the "Old Corps" that was a little under 4 years ago:D

yellowwing
02-03-07, 01:45 PM
Just hang the bastards! Camp X-ray is a blight on us as a nation. 30 days is plenty of time to evaluate if they are enemies are not. Hell they would have been shot on the battle field.

30 days to evaluate, then a week for a hearing. Then the noose.

Bozooka
02-03-07, 01:46 PM
Abu Ghraib http://mindprod.com/politics/abughraibpix.html#ABUGHRAIBPIX

I think they were treated pretty fairly considering how we get treated by them...

edited for the Respect of those that were hung..
Ellie

SkilletsUSMC
02-03-07, 01:52 PM
I wont suply a link, and all due respect to Nick Berg, but he got it quick compared to Jack Armstrong. I watched the long version and you can hear him crying for 20 minutes. Once it kicks off it is the most violent thing I have witnessed, to include combat fatalities. I have never ever seen something so terrible. It doesnt help that he looked like my dad. I used it as my motivation on my last deployment...:cry:

10thzodiac
02-03-07, 01:59 PM
"Nothing like us humans playing one up on each other, God do I miss it !"

<TABLE cellSpacing=45 cellPadding=15 width="50%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD class=thumbnail align=middle>http://i5.pbase.com/t6/65/628065/4/73845400.Ki1WkpwU.jpg (http://www.pbase.com/fromtheheart/image/73845400)
"....I love the smell of napalm in the morning...."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</B>

Bozooka
02-03-07, 02:07 PM
I wont suply a link, and all due respect to Nick Berg, but he got it quick compared to Jack Armstrong. I watched the long version and you can hear him crying for 20 minutes. Once it kicks off it is the most violent thing I have witnessed, to include combat fatalities. I have never ever seen something so terrible. It doesnt help that he looked like my dad. I used it as my motivation on my last deployment...:cry:

I can understand you not wanting post a link.. But people seem to forget how we get treated all to quick .. But what a few troops do stays in the media for years.. :devious: .. Lopsided media coverage.. 1 day for Nick Berg year for Abu Ghraib..:devious:

Bozooka
02-03-07, 02:26 PM
"Nothing like us humans playing one up on each other, God do I miss it !"

<TABLE cellSpacing=45 cellPadding=15 width="50%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD class=thumbnail align=middle>http://i5.pbase.com/t6/65/628065/4/73845400.Ki1WkpwU.jpg (http://www.pbase.com/fromtheheart/image/73845400)

"....I love the smell of napalm in the morning...."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</B>

Apocalypse Now

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore...aka Robert Duvall

I loved that flick..

mikecain1
12-30-07, 01:10 PM
O'MY, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THIS JUNE 14,2005( FLAG DAY). I GRADUATED FROM PARRIS ISLAND 1971...WOW!!! WHERE DID THE TIME GO TO? 34 YEARS NOW.:marine: :D :cool:

I was in P.I. July 1971, Plt 369
Quite a bit if Difference between the year 2000
No getting smacked , slapped , kicked or beaten?
One of the guys that was in the same plt got it everyday
he was so overweight and didnt get out of the Rack , they
(all of the Drill Instructors) pulled him out of the top Rack to
the floor , beat the crap out of him and he never had that
problem again! he lost 60 lbs and ended up PFC, and top shooter
in the PLt.
That is what it did for him. It makes you a better man and shows you
that you can Accomplish anything that you really want to in life.
Semper Fi

Mike Cain

Eric Hood
12-31-07, 11:03 AM
Yes, I too was tortured at Parris Island. I suffer gravely from this awful experience. Now, I feel compelled to purchase all sorts of mechandise decorted with this symbol:usmc: -ties,stickers, t-shirts, and so on. Gee, maybe some "caring" journalist will help us, since we all underwent some form of torture.
But, I AM STILL DAMN PROUD TO BE A MARINE!!!
Semper Fi,
Eric

hrscowboy
12-31-07, 11:35 AM
We never had that junk go on in SD MCRD in 69 we all sat around with sun glasses on and drank soda and looked cool................... NOT

Finger
12-31-07, 12:25 PM
Well after Recruit Training and SERE School, should we be able to sue? I have deep scars. I've been waterboarded too.

:D

mike christy
12-31-07, 02:46 PM
Yes, I too was tortured at Parris Island. I suffer gravely from this awful experience. Now, I feel compelled to purchase all sorts of mechandise decorted with this symbol:usmc: -ties,stickers, t-shirts, and so on. Gee, maybe some "caring" journalist will help us, since we all underwent some form of torture.
But, I AM STILL DAMN PROUD TO BE A MARINE!!!
Semper Fi,
Eric

I also find myself purchasing all kinds of items with the EGA,

However, The “torture” of Parris Island prepared me for what was to come in the future…MARRIAGE….after 18 years of wedded bliss, I wish I was back on the <ST1:pIsland </ST1:p

FeMzZ
12-31-07, 06:47 PM
Why do people enlist in the Marine Corps if they dont want to do what it takes? I mean you are well aware before you even sign that Bootcamp will be probably the hardest thing you have done in your life up until then and you know what it will be like. I hate people who enlist and then cry like little women...hell, you've even got women who pass bootcamp while these turds are crying.

Personally, i hate being asked why i am joining/joined(today) the Marine Corps because its something i cannot really explain. I can say its to serve my country, defend my country, anything i want, but it really is something i cannot put into words. I think it is more about the type of person who you really are that gives you the strength to be a Marine, not how tough you think you are

mikecain1
12-31-07, 07:32 PM
:evilgrin:
Becoming a Marine is The toughest job you will ever do.
They are the Best of the Best , we had people back in 1972
that joined and talked the talk on the bus or in the Squadbay
then peed their pants when the Senior Drill Instructor looked
at them, Unless you are a Marine you will never know what it
is like,
When you become a Marine you have the right to say what
you want to as you want to.
And the Marine that started this thread wasnt complaining
he was making a statement about the Torture police that
the Congress has now.:flag:

FeMzZ
12-31-07, 08:33 PM
:evilgrin:
Becoming a Marine is The toughest job you will ever do.
They are the Best of the Best , we had people back in 1972
that joined and talked the talk on the bus or in the Squadbay
then peed their pants when the Senior Drill Instructor looked
at them, Unless you are a Marine you will never know what it
is like,
When you become a Marine you have the right to say what
you want to as you want to.
And the Marine that started this thread wasnt complaining
he was making a statement about the Torture police that
the Congress has now.:flag:

i think you may be referring to my post seeming how i was the post right before yours. I know hes not complaining, i was just putting in my opinion on those people who, like the guy spoken about in the post, join the military and then cry about it when they had full knowledge of what it will be like or atleast an idea of how hard it would be

mikecain1
12-31-07, 09:43 PM
No , I agree with you 100% young man and you will find everyone here
is in Agreement with what you said.
And i do admire you for standing up for the Corps.
Your mindset is exactly what it takes to be a Marine.

Semper Fi

lovdog
01-04-08, 12:44 PM
Difference being - we all "volunteered" for the torture!! There were a very few that were drafted into the Corps - maybe WWII era.

hrscowboy
01-04-08, 01:21 PM
The first time i laid eyes on my DI i thought who let this mental out of the nut house..