PDA

View Full Version : Riddick Bowe

Silva0311
06-09-05, 05:38 PM
I remember when I was in the Corps, I think it was around 96, or 97, I remember heavyweight boxer Riddick Bowe, joined the Corps and entered boot camp at little after enlisting. I heard that he...

Namvet67
06-09-05, 05:55 PM
I know some other people that didn't make it in the Corps and they have the bulldog and USMC tatoo as well. If you didn't make it out of bootcamp then the tatoo should not be there. Someone should ask Mr. Bowe about the tatoo! Maybe he has a reason for having it.......No, Silva0311...i don't think you were being a little too observant at all. That tatoo could have been put on prior to his enlistment!

Silva0311
06-09-05, 06:01 PM
thats true to that he couldve had it on prior, but imagine the hell the D.I. s gave him

Osotogary
06-09-05, 07:04 PM
He's still fighting? Geez, Louise.
Wasn't he the one who publicized his going to Boot Camp and then left Boot Camp because he said it wasn't for him? I don't know if it was him or that the Marine Corps recognized him as a lost cause.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk

"...He is not alone wondering what happened to Riddick Bowe. After he retired from boxing, his life became increasingly confused and disordered, as he wandered in search of a new role and purpose. In February 1997, for instance, he joined the US Marines and was sent to the Marine Corps training camp at Parris Island, South Carolina. He lasted only 11 days. 'The Marines are a fine institution. [But] I wasn't mentally ready. I had a wife and kids ..."

http://www.angelfire.com

The Few, the Proud, The Marines: ...have swords, too!
(Eat your heart out, Riddick Bowe!

yellowwing
06-10-05, 01:28 AM
Riddick Blowes! I wonder what his MOS contract was? 11 days, he barely had his shots and bulk issue. What is that about 4-5 days into his training platoon? I've served with PFCs and LCpls with family members who still prevailed and did their jobs.

I'd rather have them than by my side than Riddick.

marinefamily5
06-10-05, 05:17 AM
In my home town they won't give you a USMC tat unless they see your DD form 2 or your DD214, and that is how i think it should be anywhere

ridingcrops
06-10-05, 05:26 PM
Just goes to show there really are only two kinds of people in this world, Marines and those who wish they were.
SEMPER FI!