PDA

View Full Version : Teen Says Marine Recruiters Were Too Aggressive

thedrifter
06-09-05, 11:06 AM
Teen Says Marine Recruiters Were Too Aggressive

POSTED: 8:33 am PDT June 9, 2005
MOUNT VERNON, Wash. -- A Mount Vernon teenager says recruiters with the Marine Corps went too far in pressuring him to sign up, holding him for hours to get him to enlist.

Axel Cobb said the Marines recruiters' relentless pursuit became a nightmare after he visited a recruiting center in Burlington.

He said the session lasted two hours, and when he went back for a second visit, there was even more pressure.

"I was there for, like, three hours and he's still explaining all the stuff and telling me I could be a Marine, I should be a Marine, all that stuff," Cobb said.

Cobb's employer said a recruiter at one point called for Cobb four times an hour.

Cobb's mother and sister said the recruiter called their home repeatedly and eventually took Cobb to a Renton hotel, where he spent the night at a Marine testing center.

The family said they rescued him by making up a family emergency.

A Marine staff sergeant said he was shocked by the allegations of kidnapping and intimidation. They understood he really wanted to become a Marine, and he never said "no."

Ellie

outlaw3179
06-09-05, 11:12 AM
What a p*uss !

Osotogary
06-09-05, 12:31 PM
Seek and ye shall find, Axel.
Sounds like Axel still has his umbilical cord attached.

Just out curiousity it would be interesting to see how the Burlington area was meeting its recruiting quota(s)

CAS3
06-09-05, 12:46 PM
Sounds more like he liked what he heard and mommy pulled him out....What frigging idiot would you sit in an interview and return for a second one if you don't like what you hear????????????

jinelson
06-09-05, 12:48 PM
If this young puss thought the recruiter was agressive he would never make it at MCRD. Hey momma's boy we dont need you either, you could get us killed. Hope the SSgt's career dosent go down the tube because of a nonhacker.

OLE SARG
06-09-05, 01:03 PM
This a$^hole would have never made it through the flight to MCRD let alone bootcamp. What a PPPPUUUUUSSSSSSSSYYYY!!! That's alright his mommy rescued him!!!!

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

marinefamily5
06-09-05, 01:13 PM
to comment on this comment <br />
<br />
&quot;Hope the SSgt's career dosent go down the tube because of a nonhacker.&quot; <br />
<br />
the way they are getting charge happy now aday i wouldn't put anything past them right now.

USMC-FO
06-09-05, 02:05 PM
The kid sounds like a whiner, can't hack it pussey !! Wants his "Mommy" Fine let him stay home and sleep late We don't need his like.

ridingcrops
06-09-05, 03:56 PM
I agree guys. Don't want or need a pussy like that in the Corps. Might get good Marines killed while crying for his mommy.