PDA

View Full Version : I saw it coming.

firstsgtmike
10-25-02, 03:25 PM
Here it is:

Common sense said that if the sniper was captured alive, there would be a trial.

If there was a trial, he would need a defense.

I prayed that he would NOT have been a vet, because if he WAS a vet, I KNEW what his defense would be, and here it is:

Was Gulf War Syndrome a factor?

Sniper suspect may have been exposed to chemical weapons.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/825737.asp

I just ordered a 5 cases of San Miguel. This circus is going to last a LOOOOONG time.

Semper Fi

vance
10-25-02, 04:33 PM
1st Sgt Mike ,

I thought of that myself and you have excellent taste in beer.

Sparrowhawk
10-25-02, 05:36 PM
Just just emailed the reporter David Wood this;

Was Gulf War syndrome a factor?

Get real, Why not a story on

Was his Muslim teaching a factor?

Cook Barela, Vietnam Veteran

thedrifter
10-25-02, 05:43 PM
firstsgtmike

Yes, you knew they were going to come up with some excuse....
We all can claim something....

We were in this war.....
We were given this drug....
The boss ****ed me off.....
etc...etc....etc.....

What we are hearing he had problems way before that....

His military record.....

http://www.military.com/NewsContent?file=FL_sniper_102502

He should not use his problems in the military as an excuse for what he did.....

Sempers,

Roger

Kalbo
10-25-02, 08:06 PM
did he ever take the anti-malaria drug Lariam (mefloquine, being investigated in the Fort Bragg killings)?

From http://lariaminfo.homestead.com/:

"Mefloquine (the generic name for Lariam) may cause psychiatric symptoms in a number of patients, ranging from anxiety, paranoia, and depression to hallucinations and psychotic behavior. On occasion, these symptoms have been reported to continue long after mefloquine has been stopped."

Sidebar:

Back in '93, my platoon SSgt. , also a Gulf War Vet, took his 45 and killed first his wife (Kristina) and then their 5 year old daughter, Amber. He also wounded another person. Just the day before I had seen him with his daughter (I remember her birthday was the next day, because he had an arm full of presents for her). I told him he was going spoil her, and he replied something like this "i'm her Dad, I get to spoil her".

There were marital problems and he was drinking the night it happened, but I could not believe how one day he could be spending time with his daughter and the next squeezing off a round at her head.

oh well, same **** different day.

Semper Fi,

Bill (Kalbo) Long
1st Force Recon Co. (1990-94)

TRIPWIRE
10-27-02, 08:43 PM
MUSLIM SYNDROME ...........
KILL AMERICAN SYNDROME...........

THEN AGAIN THE GULFWAR MITE BE TIED IN AS GULFWAR SYNDROME ?

BECAUSE WE KICKED HIS MUSLIM BROTHERS **** ALL OVER THE PLACE. MAYBE HE WAS TRYING TO PAY US BACK........

BUT WE KNOW BECAUSE OF THE SITUATION THEY WILL MAKE ANY EXCUSE THAT WILL HELP FILL SOMEONE ELSES POCKET FULL OF MONEY ?

THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE VICTIMS.....MONEY MONEY MONEY....

BIG JOHNY COCHRAN YOU BET WILL BE AT THE RESCUE !

tkuhr
10-27-02, 11:23 PM
Hold fire!
'til we git a clear target! I'm not excusing the SOB (I don't believe the GWSyndrome defense) but there is the chance. It's how this country works, 'member. Personally, I'm with Tripwire.
Doesn't explain the 17, 18 or whatever year old with him tho, does it?

helen25
10-28-02, 06:00 AM
i say hang the SOB!!sick or not its no excuse he fired at children

badbob
10-28-02, 02:36 PM
http://www.3rdmarines.net/sanmigil_beer.gif

This is going to be a mess -

Semper Fi,
Bob

virwar
10-28-02, 04:44 PM
Hell, I'm Gulf War Vet AND I work for US Postal Service . NEVER, EVER once have I thought about capping off innocent people, much less a thirteen year old. That's pure totally adulteratered BS. I say we need to do a nice Public execution. That's a Real animal. The world would be a better place without people like that. That's BS. Dave out.

gyrene79
10-28-02, 10:07 PM
I for one tend to agree with all of you.
And if he felt the need to cap someone
he should have started with himself.

firstsgtmike
04-13-03, 10:42 AM
Just remember, you read it here first!

CNN Sniper suspect may claim nerve gas exposure
CNN - 11 Apr 2003
Attorneys for sniper suspect John Allen Muhammad Friday raised the possibility that Muhammad may have been exposed to nerve agents or chemical weapons while serving in the US Army in the 1991 Gulf War.

I just ordered another five cases of San Miguel.

Barrio_rat
04-13-03, 11:16 AM
Damn you and your San Magoo!

Okay, now that THAT's out of the way....

If John Allen Muhammad was exposed to nerve agents or chemical weapons during Operation Desert Shield/Storm then that would mean we were lied to by our government (we all know how rare an occurance that is!) and that, if these agents were used, many Gulf War Vets are due some considerable compensation and explinations!

It was wrong after WWII, it was wrong after Korea, it was wrong after Vietnam and it's still wrong today. Our government should take care of those that have served it - not forget about them after they have 'served a purpose'! Okay, took a break and calmed down before I went on a rant and all that stuff...

As I understand it, chemical and/or biological weapons were used against Coalition Troops by Iraq in the 91 Gulf War. The reason this information did not come out was, if it had, we would have had the rights (and responsibility) to go all the way to Baghdad and take out Saddam. For what ever reason, the powers that be (UN/Arabs/Washington DC) did not want this to happen - so there was the 'cover-up' of the weapons used against us.

Okay, here's the way the trial goes. It opens up a big can of worms because the defense for John Allen Muhammad obtains documentation showing that chemical weapons were used against the troops in 91 - he may get them from the Iraqi side, with all the documents that are being found. If this happens, law suits against the US Government by 91 Gulf War Vets and their families will happen and most will win and win big. So, to prevent this, will the government hide/destroy/maintain level of secrecy any documentation on the 91 Gulf War to protect itself from these law suits - thereby depriving John Allen Muhammad a fair trial - one where his lawyers are able to defend him to the utmost of their ability. Personally, I don't think he should get off but he does have the right to defense and if someone can prove that the chemicals used could have an effect on a person, then that is a defense. I think the government will keep the secrets secret and this guy won't have a leg to stand on about chemical weapon use. One argument - if they used it then, why didn't they use it this time? I say, how do we know they didn't - if they covered it up before, they'll cover it up again.

Okay, enough ranting... sorry if this got a little off subject - maybe it should be in another thread...

SHOOTER1
04-13-03, 11:21 AM
Your right Barrio-Rat, they still wont admit Agent Orange is a problem with Nam Vets either.:mad:

MillRatUSMC
04-13-03, 12:00 PM
Let's count the strikes against John Allen Muhammad;
1st stole ammo from the camp in the state of Washington.
Used that ammo to zero and practice.
Shot at a person there.
Altered an auto.
Cutting a hole in the trunk.
So he could mount and fire the rifle.
He along with his young companion planned and executed those plans resulting in many deaths.
All this was premediated.
Laying to rest the defense that his actions was dued to exposure of chemical agents during Desert Storm.
His sole motivation was hatred of non-muslims, it was his own personal jihad.
Just like the soldier in the 101st Airborne, who killed two officers and wounded several others.
He too was waging his own personal jihad.
All else is a bunch of B.S

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo