PDA

View Full Version : 250 buses I'd like to see in HELL

USMC0311
10-25-02, 01:30 PM
Rejection from your fellow Americans is Hell. More so when the ones being rejected are fighting for the right of the same people to have Freedom. Because it happened once, does that mean we should condone it once again???

are they Cowards or CopyCats
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/politics/politics-iraq-usa-protest.html

it takes bout 90 sec. to fill free form and ya get a thumb-nail to the NYT.

I'd like to believe this iz mostly SmOkE..hopin this Generation has More Patriots than in the 60's..

You all know if it wasn't Vietnam it would have been some place else...we all also know, Vietnam was a Call of Arms to our Young Americans To Fight For the Right Of Freedom

Semper Fidelis to America Also. WE are the United States Marines.

"First to Fight for Rights and Freedom"

arzach
10-25-02, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by USMC0311
Rejection from your fellow Americans is Hell. More so when the ones being rejected are fighting for the right of the same people to have Freedom. Because it happened once, does that mean we should condone it once again???

are they Cowards or CopyCats
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/politics/politics-iraq-usa-protest.html
You all know if it wasn't Vietnam it would have been some place else...we all also know, Vietnam was a Call of Arms to our Young Americans To Fight For the Right Of Freedom

Semper Fidelis to America Also. WE are the United States Marines.

"First to Fight for Rights and Freedom"

My nickel says it's a combination of both--'wannabes/cowards'--bunch of clowns that feel like they 'missed out' on the protests of the 60's/70's. Like it's the 'Cool' thing to do.
These are the same people who were saying they would not participate in ANY fighting after 9/11---would rather go to Canada or any other such place. They been living with the freedoms, rights--that all the American Fighting Men since the Revolution secured for them----TAKE. TAKE, TAKE---that's all they know---let someone else fight/serve for these Freedoms for them.
Personally, I'd like to stomp a mudhole ih their chest--ain't nothing but leeches--and far too many in my opinion.---:mad: :evilgrin:

FMFgrunt
10-25-02, 08:07 PM
U.S. Antiwar Protest to Invoke Images of Vietnam
By REUTERS

Filed at 3:56 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - If they do not stop on the way, Chris Pifer, 21, said the drive from the University of Minnesota to a weekend antiwar protest in Washington should take about 24 hours.

The 40 students setting off from Minneapolis are among thousands of protesters against a U.S. war on Iraq who plan to meet in the U.S. capital on Saturday, arriving in 250 buses from states as far afield as Texas, Vermont and Florida.

Organizers say between 50,000 and 100,000 people will gather to decry American posturing against Iraq at the Vietnam War Veterans Memorial, invoking images of the 1960s peace movement.

``People need to keep the Vietnam War in mind. The symbolism is very important,'' said Tony Murphy, spokesman for the International Answer group organizing the protest.

``The Vietnam War was started on a lie, and we contend the Bush administration is lying when it says Iraq presents a threat to the world, and to this country,'' he said. ``We will show in numbers that (President) George (W.) Bush is not speaking for the vast majority of people when he goes to war in Iraq.''

A tandem protest in San Francisco on Saturday expects to draw 50 busloads of peace activists from states such as Washington and Arizona and a group flying in from Hawaii.

``We're pretty sure it's going to be the biggest antiwar demonstration we've had on the West Coast since the Vietnam War,'' organizer Bill Hackwell said in a telephone interview.

``There is a real groundswell of opposition to the Bush administration. And a lot of people have just lost faith that the Congress, their so-called elected officials, are going to do anything. People really want to 'vote with their feet' as they said in the '60s,'' he said.

Congress has approved a war powers resolution for the president, backing the possible use of force to rid Iraq of suspected weapons of mass destruction and possibly oust President Saddam Hussein. Bush accuses Iraq of being a threat to the United States and its allies because of its weapons program.

Although Britain has backed the idea of a strike against Iraq, many other countries have criticized the U.S. position, saying a ``pre-emptive'' strike could disrupt the Middle East and justify other wars

What is wrong with those left coast people? They seem to want their cake without cookin.

I agree with 0311 and Arzach

thedrifter
10-25-02, 08:59 PM
Looks like we have a trend of the children of the Draft Dodgers and Cowards form the 60's and 70's. Like parents like children, their parents got away with it so they think they will too. How many of them are children of the Draft dodgers who went to Canada and were later given a full pardon.................

I have four children ages 19 to 23 and they are willing to go if their Country calls.

Sempers,

Roger

ivalis
10-25-02, 10:13 PM
being ready to go and HAVING to go are two different things.

The present protest of the seemingly upcoming war w/ Iraq does sound like "deja vu all over again".

Along w/ the letters my ma gave me a copy of Tonkin Gulf Resolution which I've had since 1968. I couldn't help but think how the tonkin gulf resolution was based on bogus information supplied by the defense deptartment and the consequent disaster we suffered in s. east asia. Wonder if history will show the current situation as a "do over" of the 60s.

As far as the protest goes, more power to em if they beleive it. It's as american as apple pie and tax evasion. All you super patriots seem to forget that the largest and most violent anti-draft riots occured during the Civil war.

The whole argument about draft dodgers is moot. There ain't no draft and I would bet never will be one again.

arzach
10-25-02, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by ivalis

The present protest of the seemingly upcoming war w/ Iraq does sound like "deja vu all over again".

Along w/ the letters my ma gave me a copy of Tonkin Gulf Resolution which I've had since 1968. I couldn't help but think how the tonkin gulf resolution was based on bogus information supplied by the defense deptartment and the consequent disaster we suffered in s. east asia. Wonder if history will show the current situation as a "do over" of the 60s.

As far as the protest goes, more power to em if they beleive it. It's as american as apple pie and tax evasion. All you super patriots seem to forget that the largest and most violent anti-draft riots occured during the Civil war.

The whole argument about draft dodgers is moot. There ain't no draft and I would bet never will be one again.

Well you got freedom of speech, the right to dissent, etc. because American fighting man fought for those, and other rights--starting with the American Revolution, puncuated by every conflict this country has been in. The Nam, right or wrong? Look at it now, is it better off? Compare it to So. Korea. Ask a Vietnamese in this Country if what we tried to accomplish there was right or wrong.

firstsgtmike
10-25-02, 11:12 PM
If it's all the same to the rest of you guys, I'd rather NOT see them in hell.

I'd MUCH prefer that they send me a postcard from there.

I've got other plans.

Semper Fi

wrbones
10-25-02, 11:33 PM
Where have these jokers been fer the last eleven years, while the Iraqis been shootin at us and killin innocents within their own borders with gas and bombs and such? The war never stopped!

Where are these jokers at when congress won't give the VA enough money to work right?

Where are these jokers at when business won't pay folks a living wage?

Where were these jokers at when the green freaks got congress to shut down mines and mills, puttin tens of thousands outta work all over the country with no alternative but to go on welfare or work minumim wage jobs.

Where were these jokers at...Ah,hell. What's the use.

USMC0311
10-26-02, 12:10 AM

You stagnant as usual IV..gwad..I sure the **** am glad I didn't need to depend on the likes of a muther with a attitude like you when I was in Nam..or back here for that matter.
I sure as hell hope the truth don't bite ya in the ass IV..oh hell wtf..maybe it'll do ya sum good.

NamGrunt68
10-26-02, 08:47 AM

Aint nuthin worse than a phucin Politically Correct Marine !! Sure glad I didn't have you in no fightin hole wid me !! Them azzholes in those buses should burn in hell !! If this is just a mere case of freedom o speech, then the Constitution needs to be tweeked jest a tad !!! These are the same bloodline of c@cksuckers like Jane Fonda, Susan Sarandon, Martin Sheen, Babs Streisand, Tim Robbins, Sean Penn, Woody Harrelson...and the list could go on and on and on...These b@stards don't know what they got was paid for by the sacrifices of our bro's !!! Damn, thar goes mah blood pressure again....I've had to stay away from here cuz o sh!t spouted like this azzhole !!! Think I'm outta the wire fer good this time......JoeT, Rick, I think I gonna stick with CG only from here on in....sh!t that goes on in some o these places just rips my azz too bad !!!! Its bad when even a damn Marine thinks it's ok and alright fer these protestors to do this cuz they believe in it.....well guess what azzhole....I think it's alright and believe that its ok to stomp a mud hole in a "former" Marines azz that thinks like that !!! Now how are my rights lookin to ya !!!!! JHFC....the Corps is dead as I knew it !!!!

TeufelHunden
10-26-02, 02:15 PM
...Ain't no such thing as a Marine who's a Peacenik!!! Pick one or the other!!!:evilgrin:

arzach
10-26-02, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by TeufelHunden
...Ain't no such thing as a Marine who's a Peacenik!!! Pick one or the other!!!:evilgrin:

Dis-agreeing with the Gubmint be one thang, outrite support to the point of engaging in Demonstrations is borderline Sedition. Indirectly aiding a 'Rogue' Gubmint like Iraq, etc. falls into that category in my opinion. If they feel that way, then I say go start their own Vboard site, and in-breed---:evilgrin:
Hey Bones--Daner asked me to tell ya "Semper Fi"
and "Adios"----