PDA

View Full Version : Photos (just in) of son "somewhere."

Osotogary
05-21-05, 09:46 PM
Me thinks he may be going "native", AK, scarf and all.

Osotogary
05-21-05, 09:49 PM
I passed on all of your good wishes to him and his team mates and he said thanks.

Arlene Horton
05-21-05, 10:43 PM
Gary...please extend my sincere thanks to your son for being an outstanding member of the BEST of the warriers in that #*##**# sandbox. He's one son you can justly be very proud of. Semper Fi, friend. Arlene

Toby M
05-21-05, 10:59 PM
My sentiments exactly G...My prayers are with him and the rest of our people over there!

GySgtRet
05-21-05, 11:21 PM
Gary,

Glad to see him too...!!!!

thedrifter
05-22-05, 06:06 AM
Great pix's Gary

Thanks for Sharing!

Ellie

Wyoming
05-22-05, 06:25 AM
Neat pixs, Gary, keep them coming.

USMCgrunt0331
05-22-05, 06:25 AM
Is he with a civilian defense contractor company?

mrbsox
05-23-05, 08:27 AM
Good to go, Gary !!

Thanks for the update. I'm sure you pass our continued well wishes and prayers on to him AND his 'Devil Dog' brother.

You and their Mom certinly deserve to be proud.

Gods speed.

Terry

Namvet67
05-23-05, 08:57 AM
Gary, is that your DOD son? Good pics! The other Gary.

Osotogary
05-23-05, 09:04 AM
mrbsox,

"I'm sure you pass our continued well wishes and prayers on to him AND his 'Devil Dog' brother."

In your lifetime this is one thing that you will never have to worry about. LOL. As long as I am capable of doing so, I will always pass on the well wishes and prayers, on their behalf, to my sons wether they be "Stateside" or "Afar".
They have always expressed their thanks whenever I have been in contact with them.

Yes, gbudd, that is a picture of the DOD son with his new Ak. He says he likes the weapon.

nc.gal
05-23-05, 09:48 AM
I'm sure he gets his looks from his mom, right?:D

My prayers go out to him also and to all military
over there.

Have a good day.

Osotogary
05-23-05, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the compliment, nc.gal.
Let's be a little fair about this, okay? LOL. Yes, he does have my boyish good looks but I believe he has his mother's facial hair. Wait a minute, that doesn't sound right...does it? What I'm trying to say ...and should have said instead, is that it would take me years to grow the goatee and mustache that he is sporting in the picture.. No one on my side of the family, that I know of, ever had that capacity in their gene pool.
Anyhow, I'll pass on your compliment to him the next time we communicate.
Adios.
Gary

marinemom
05-23-05, 10:30 AM
He looks good, Gary - really good.

Now as to the "boyish good looks"......you been in the Jack this early?

Osotogary
05-23-05, 11:19 AM
"boyish good looks"......you been in the Jack this early?

Well, no....not really...but thanks for the idea. LMAO
Jeez, me thinks I forgot to say "Happy Birthday" to you last week, I believe. Happy Belated Birthday wishes are in order. Hope that you had a good one.
I will certainly pass on your compliments.
Adios.
Gary

Ed Palmer
05-23-05, 02:25 PM
GRASS IN IRAQ

From: Here is a soldier stationed in Iraq, stationed in a big sand box. He asked his wife to send him dirt (U.S. soil), fertilizer and some grass seeds so he can have the sweet aroma and feel the grass grow beneath his feet.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/cid_62707061023052005-3569.jpg

If you notice, he is even cutting the grass with a pair of a scissors. Sometimes we are in such a hurry that we don't stop and think about the little things that we take for granted.

Osotogary
05-23-05, 03:00 PM
I guess it was too much to ask that she send over the lawn mower as well? (just kidding):)

Great picture. I'm wondering if the Soldier is an Enlisted Soldier or an Officer?

Ed Palmer
05-23-05, 04:23 PM
Now shurly you know that no self respecting Officer is going to cut the grass

Osotogary
05-23-05, 04:25 PM
I stand corrected!