PDA

View Full Version : I don't like Barry Bonds

Sparrowhawk
10-24-02, 06:19 PM
There is something about him that doesn't sit right. He is a gifted hitter who has the strength, and eye for hitting a baseball. But his arrogance sucks. What a role model he is. A far cry from his grandfather’s stature.

<hr>

JUST ONE EXAMPLE
<hr>

NEWSWEEK WEB EXCLUSIVE

Hot and Sour
Barry Bonds has redeemed his reputation as a postseason performer but has done little about that surly personality. Plus, random World Series thoughts

http://www.humboldt.edu/~ja1/bonds.jpg

Oct. 24 — When I hear a guy telling somebody, “My wife doesn’t understand me,” I instantly suspect that what he is saying is, “My wife understands me all too well.” Which is pretty much how I feel when all the Barry Bonds apologists suggest that he is really deep down a good guy, just misunderstood.

THE TRUTH IS WE the media understand Barry Bonds all too well. He came into this postseason with two historic raps on his baseball resume.

The first, that he couldn’t rise to the occasion, has been decimated with some of the most prodigious home runs baseball fans have ever been privileged to witness. He could easily have shed the second—that he was a surly, mean-spirited fellow—even more easily. But he has chosen instead to feather that reputation, to deliver a little payback to the media whose jobs require some meager comment or reflection from Bonds on his historic performance.

<b>Please understand that reaching Barry has never been easy. His corner—think big corner, not small corner—of the Giants locker room is more citadel than clubhouse. It is defended by large men whose job it is to keep everyone—and that would seem to include teammates if any of them actually wanted to share time and space with Bonds—away from Barry. Reporters, nervous nellies that we are, pretty much honor the boundaries. So after the game, there is a slow creep of the press gang until they have reached what is a respectful begging distance. And then begins the painful squirm until Barry will deign to say something, anything and free us from this unhappy servitude. </b>

I do understand that these beseechers are the same men and women who have dissed him and who have speculated that he is baseball’s most successful X-Man, a marvelous mutant from the steroid age. But he is hardly the only player—McGwire, Sosa and most of the big guns of this era have faced the same—whose purity has been questioned. For a player of Bonds’s distinguished baseball lineage (son of Bobby, godson of Willie Mays), the World Series should be a transcendent experience. And once in a while, after he sneers or fires his barbs, he provides a glimmer of a hint that he fully appreciates the magnitude of the occasion and the privilege afforded him.

TRIPWIRE
10-24-02, 10:14 PM
IS THAT A MAN ? I THOUGHT IT WAS A OVERSIZE SISSY ?

TWO EARINGS, I THOUGHT F*GGS WORE THEM LIKE THAT ?

SOME OF US HAD FATHERS THAT BROUGHT US UP RIGHT !

MADE MEN OUT OF US LIKE WE WAS MEANT TO BE.....

GO !!! TED WILLIAMS;)

tkuhr
10-25-02, 02:15 AM
Nobody likes Bonds! Yeah he's good, even great, but so what! You want a role model and great player come to Chi-town - Sammi Sosa, Mark Grace (oops! detour to Az), Ron Santo, Billy Williams and the greatest of all ERNIE BANKS.

TeufelHunden
10-25-02, 07:49 AM
...Yeah, what he said. That's right I've got the sickness, been a hopeless Cub fan since the doctor smacked the mucus outa me 'bout 39 years ago.

USMC0811
10-25-02, 09:24 AM
At a 1 on 1 interview on ESPN, Barry Bonds made the comment that he doesn't like it when a game goes into extra innings b/b he doesn't get paid overtime and he was as serious about that comment as you can get. I hope the Angels win the World Series b/c a man of his character does not deserve to have won that sacred event. I hope that all of his games go into xtra innings next year!:D

Cellar Rat
10-25-02, 10:19 AM
The Giants are to blame for this pompous ass. They allowed this prema donna to prance around like he does, and what's up with them shoes and pants this guy wears while playing, is he wearing shoe straps?????

I think the Giants do fine without his azz. Let's hope the Angels man handle this prick and then watch him snivel throughout the post season again.

Rat:D

BigCat
10-27-02, 11:06 AM
To all of you out there who have never met the man, I suggest you keep your clap traps shut. You have no right to judge a man you have never met. You don't know him. All you hear is what the media spoon feeds you gullible fools.

Not only is Barry Bonds the greatest to ever play the game, he is a decent human being as well. How do I know this you ask?? I've actually met the man! And, until you do....shut your freakin' pie holes!

Sparrowhawk
10-27-02, 11:35 AM
BigCat

I have met many movie stars, political and sports figures. And what you see is what you get.

After seeing him play a few more games, I am more convinced then ever before. Bonds is surly, sullen and self-serving, the poster boy for the arrogantly disingenous athlete of this Me-First Generation.

Bonds is among the most unpleasant human beings you could ever imagine being around. When it was recently suggested, for example, that he had finally gotten the monkey (not the Anaheim Angels’ rally monkey, by the way, but the real monkey of failed promise) off his back by at last leading the San Francisco Giants to the World Series this year he tersely replied, “I didn’t have a monkey on my back. That’s just what you media people say.”

Loosely translated from baseballese into English, Bonds meant this:

“I don’t care if I get to the World Series because what does it matter as long as you are Me, which by the way you are not. That is a sad state of affairs for you but as for Me, I have the distinct pleasure and honor of being Me. Although you do not have that pleasure and never could even dream of having that pleasure for even one day of your miserable life, nor even understand what it might be like to be Me for one glorious moment in your otherwise mundane existence, surely you wish you could be Me, which you cannot be because there is no other Me but Me.

And, fortunately for me, you can join My fan club for $99.99, unless you want Me to sign a picture of Me, in which case it will cost you $399.99, unless you want it to be a baseball which is $499.99. As for the matter of Me signing a bat for someone like you, forget about it.”
Or something like that.

Like I have already said;

I don't like Barry Bonds

I don't like Barry Bonds

I don't like Barry Bonds

I don't like Barry Bonds

I don't like Barry Bonds

I don't like Barry Bonds

I don't like Barry Bonds

I don't like Barry Bonds

I don't like Barry Bonds

I don't like Barry Bonds

NOW, BigCat, what part of that don't you understand?

TRIPWIRE
10-27-02, 12:54 PM
GET OVER IT" WILL YA !

I AM A HUGE SPORTS FAN AND BONDS ATTITUDE DON'T CATCH
MY FANCY....

NOW BRETT HAS CLASS........I SEE YA FROM CHEESE COUNTRY
AND A CHEESE HEAD TALKING LIKE THIS IS KINDA SCARRY......

PIE HO:ES AHE .....

I THINK YA BETTER TURN OFF THE( ROME) FOR A WHILE....
IT MAY BE GETTING TO YOUR HEAD.

JIM ROME IS RUDE AND CRUDE (HAVE A TAKE AND DONT SUCK.)

GET A LIFE WILL YA.........PLEASE !

:D

wrbones
10-27-02, 01:05 PM
Who's Barry Bonds anyway? Is that some sort of bail bond outfit or what?

Let's see, a bunch of atletes playin a kid's game who make, on average 500,000 a year or more, who are always throwin fits over one thing or another, or gettin busted fer bein big mouths or addicts or abusers? Yep! These are things we all need to get worked up over aren't they!

TRIPWIRE
10-27-02, 01:10 PM
YOU KNOW WHEN YA THINK ABOUT IT !

BARRY " RHYMES WITH FAIRY !!!!!:D

AT THE TOP (PIC)

A PICTURE CAN SAY A THOUSAND WORDS !!!!

METAL IN BOTH EARS !

I KNOW MY DAUGHTERS WEAR THEM....THEIR DADDY DON'T

BE A MAN !( DONT WEAR JEWELRY IN THE EARS):D

TRIPWIRE
10-27-02, 01:20 PM
AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS !

OFFICE HOURS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WONDER WHY ?........:p

USMC0311
10-27-02, 01:23 PM
I'd ask "who givsa ****" but aperrently U guys do..

I had 2 cents left over from other posts so I'm usin it here.

U moweens 2 phunny..U need sum "boom boom" member GI "suckey ****ey 2 buckey" get sum..good 4 the blood press sure and it'll relax yer head :yes:

wrbones
10-27-02, 01:33 PM
Joe T be wound for sound this morning! LOL

Get some!

Semper Fi , Marines.

TRIPWIRE
10-27-02, 01:44 PM
GEE EVERY SINCE I WAS A KID I WOULD GRAB A STICK AND RAM
THAT HORNETS NEST AND SHAKE IT UP AND RUN LIKE HELL..
I NEVER DID GET STUNG EITHER ! GOT TO BE SMART GENTS !;)

BUT I ALWAYS WENT BACK TO CHECK OUT THE OLE DAMAGE :)

AND YEP IT WAS A DAMAGED......
:p

Sparrowhawk
10-27-02, 03:21 PM
http://dallas.tamu.edu/insects/images/beeswarm%20on%20mailbox%20-web.jpg

TRIPWIRE (like that handle), I stole a watermellon once, from a farmers watermellon patch.

It was the biggest in the batch, but it lay in the middle of a large Wasp Nest.

On a dare, I went for it. Grabbed the mellon and ran.

Man did they come after me, just like in the movies, dive bombing and everything. Two of them got the watermellow but none of them got me...

Good memories... LOL

TRIPWIRE
10-27-02, 03:45 PM
EVERY DAY IS A SATURDAY AHE !

I LIKE THAT AND IT SURE SOUNDS GOOD ! BUT I STILL HAVE A FEW TO GO
BEFORE I CAN SAY THAT..........:marine:

Sparrowhawk
10-28-02, 12:04 AM
TRIPWIRE

Humm, I think I'll take tomorrow off...LMAO

Sparrowhawk
10-28-02, 12:10 AM
http://a799.ms.akamai.net/3/799/388/17843d10ee7031/www.msnbc.com/news/1676306.jpg

The Angels, win Game 7 with a rookie pitcher. They beat one of the best hitter in the world. And they didn’t need help from a monkey:banana:

TRIPWIRE
10-28-02, 06:08 PM
YEAH ! I GOT TO TAKE A HALF DAY OFF TOMOROW AND ITS GOING TO COST ME 4 HRS OF AL.
V.A APT.....ANOTHER WASTED TRIP ?

I AM GLAD THAT THE ANGLES WON THE WRLD SERIES !

SEMPERS BRO !

:banana:

Cellar Rat
10-29-02, 01:01 PM
Shut my pie hole? Oh, okay, I'm sorry, I won't say anything else. But, I'll type my azz off. Bonds is an azzhole. As one stated already in here, he is the poster child for the "me" generation.

I don't give a sh1t what he acts like when pressed to do so, his actions throughout his career shows anyone with half a brain what he does to a club. He seperates and segregates a club, this is self destructive, ask the Giants.

Now, let's talk about Nolan Ryan, Carl Ripken, Steve Garvey, Sammy Sosa, etc., etc., etc.

The concept is "Team" player. Bonds ain't.

I'll take a team player like the 25 Anaheim Angels any day over this pompous azz.

Now, what part of that don't you understand?

Rat :D

Barrio_rat
10-29-02, 05:44 PM
Okay, been doin some catchin up since I took a few days off and traveled the state of Oregon. Watched one of the games - waste of time.

So, here's my comments to the thread in general.

Yeah, what bones and Joe T said!

Perhaps this guy (Bonds) is a nice guy with friends or even in person but, like it or not, he is a role model and he is setting a very poor example (from what I've seen and heard).

Then there's this. Baseball is not a sport. It is an activity. 2 guys playin catch with one guy tryin to interupt it. then there's a few standin around watchin 'em play. If it was a sport, they'd play it in the rain and this Bonds character wouldn't be able to wear jewelry cuz it would be ripped from his scull. In fact, baseball is communist, in my opinion. Defense holds the ball - that's very un-American. The way I see it, baseball is just cricket without manners. Maybe Bonds should play some cricket and get some manners... Just a thought.

Hey Sparrowhawk... Didn't catch that... who don't you like? LOL

Semper Fi!