PDA

View Full Version : Saddam Livin the Good Life

USMCgrunt0331
05-21-05, 05:57 AM
Saddam has killed and brutally tortured hundreds of thousands of his own people. His hate for America is greater than almost anyone's in the world. He was one of the most evil dictators of all time.

But, the US is treating him like a royal prisoner. Judging by the picture of his jail cell, and from personally seeing the cells here in GTMO, he has it a lot better than the detainees here. They actually upgraded his living conditions, before he was in a hole in the ground.

And this is what killed me when I heard about it, one of the main reasons all our soldiers and Marines went to Iraq for, getting limbs blown off, killed, missing their families for up to a year, spending months in horrible hot conditions where they are in danger every day and get nothing to really make it any better for them, is getting HAIR DYE so that b@stard can look more YOUTHFUL! Can you believe this? Heck, if their gonna treat Bin Laden this well when they catch him, might as well just let him be, he's probably in worse off living conditions whereever he is now than he would be if we caught him.

It just seems wrong that Saddam is living better than the soldiers and Marines are that are fighting against what he stands for.

Wyoming
05-21-05, 08:22 AM
Brother, you make a good point.

Just remember, he's in lockdown, you ain't.

You appear to be a good Marine. Stay squared away. It'll be noticed, but a poor attitude gets noticed quicker.

USMCgrunt0331
05-21-05, 08:47 AM
Thanks Corporal, don't worry, I don't have a poor attitude about it, I still believe 100% in what we are doing, and think it's the right thing, and know that the US has made a lot of good things happen over in Iraq and Afghanistan, I just wish everyone was getting what they deserved, and wanted to see what everybody else thinks about it.

It's true he is in lockdown and I'm not here in Guantanomo Bay, but on the other hand soldiers are going to jail b/c of stuff they did to those a-holes, and they will probably have it worse than Saddam does now. I just think the punishment should fit the crime, and in my opinion torturing Saddam every day till he dies wouldn't even be harsh enough to make up for what he's done.

SEMPER FI

lucien2
05-22-05, 07:34 AM
Hair dye won't make much of a difference when you are dangling at the end of a rope. The dead only know one thing, it is better to be alive.

GySgtRet
05-22-05, 08:33 AM
USMCgrunt0331,

You have very harsh words Lcpl. But I agree with you. Why should our Marines and Sodliers live like they do when this a hole has killed so many. If it is a kissup to real in aonther bad guy thenmaybe the sacrifice has been worth it. I am all for the war on terror, I just think that enough is enough step up the search and destroy the SOB.

Semper Fidelis