PDA

View Full Version : Just a show about nothin'

yellowwing
05-20-05, 06:24 PM
Bush: Photos won't incite in Iraq
Associated Press, May 21, 2005 (http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1116557269444)
BAGHDAD, Iraq

US and British tabloid photographs Friday of an imprisoned Saddam Hussein naked except for his white underwear prompted a US military and condemnation from the Red Cross.

The International Committee for the Red Cross, which is responsible for monitoring prisoners of war and detainees, said the photographs violated Saddam's right to privacy.

"Taking and using photographs of him is clearly forbidden," ICRC Middle East spokeswoman Dorothea Krimitsas said. US forces are obliged to "preserve the privacy of the detainee."

Some Iraqis said the publication was the latest in a series of insults to Arabs and Muslims, while others said the humiliation is what the former dictator deserves.

US President George W. Bush said he did not think they would incite further anti-American sentiment in Iraq, where the country has been edging toward open sectarian conflict.

"I don't think a photo inspires murderers," Bush said of the insurgents. "These people are motivated by a vision of the world that is backward and barbaric."

The pictures, however, were certain to heap more scorn on an American image abroad already tarnished by the prisoner abuse scandal at Baghdad's Abu Ghraib jail and allegations by Newsweek, which were later retracted, about a Quran desecration at the US prison camp in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Britain's The Sun and the New York Post said the photos were provided by a US military official it did not identify. The Sun said it would publish more of them on Saturday...

yellowwing
05-20-05, 06:25 PM
:banana:

troop901
05-20-05, 06:34 PM
The next time da warden says I have saggy nuts I will show her this pic lol. Dont see the big deal myself. Just like da prison photo's, oh gee, I much rather would prefer have my neck sawed thru with a knife while I am alive then get pics taken of me while wearin undies as my boy calls em.
SF

Osotogary
05-20-05, 06:51 PM
I wonder if this photo will be flushed down the toilet? Anybody good at Photoshop? LOL