PDA

View Full Version : I would like to know what you all think about this..........

marinefamily5
05-18-05, 12:45 PM
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUY BUT IF THIS GUY REALLY DID SAY THIS STUFF AND THIS REALLY DID HAPPEN TO HIM. HE GOT WHAT WAS COMING TO HIM.......WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK

A controversial Web site that has called wounded soldiers “leeches” and celebrates when U.S. servicemen are killed in action, is claiming its Web master was beaten to death yesterday.
But local police say no murder has occurred.

The site, www.forsakethetroops.info, posted a claim Tuesday morning that Michael Crook was physically attacked by two men and later died in a hospital from his injuries. The statement speculated that the attackers are “thought to be members of the military, in response to their opinions about this Web site.”

Crook is the registered owner of the Web site, though the Web site has never revealed his name or location. The domain registry puts Crook’s address as Syracuse, N.Y., and a phone number on the site is a Syracuse area code and exchange.

The site also says the two attackers were “taken into police custody.”

But officials with the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office in Syracuse told Army Times Tuesday that they have no record or knowledge of any such attack in the region.

A message left at the phone number listed on the Web site was not immediately returned.

The Web site has repeatedly posted disparaging comments about the military. Crook, the alleged blogger of the site, has said his main intent is to inform Americans that soldiers are paid too much for what they do.

Recently the site posted this: “Don't military pukes learn anything? Nine more Marines bite the big one in combat. Stupid is as stupid does!”

On May 15, the Web site had a tally of American troops killed in Iraq. It read: “Number of US soldiers killed in the Iraq War, of their own doing, because they CHOSE to be leeches: 1,583. These scumbags asked for it, and got it. Simper Cry.”

Numerous threats and derogatory remarks have been made toward Crook on several online military message boards over the past few weeks. Some boards have listed Crook’s alleged home address complete with a map and satellite image of his neighborhood. Crook’s Web site often bragged that he received thousands of hate e-mails daily.

In a purported April 28 interview that is posted on the blog “The Dread Pundit Bluto,” Crook addresses perceived dangers of managing such a site.

“I put my name out there, and people in the Syracuse area know who I am,” he is quoted as saying. “People recognize me now, and I would not put my safety at risk over something I truly don't believe in. I wholeheartedly believe in my site and will defend it to the death, however that death may come.”

As of noon Tuesday, the site was online, but the statement on its front page says it will go offline permanently at about 5 p.m. Tuesday.

In addition to the anti-military site, Crook is the registered owner of the domain for www.forsakethepolice.info.

marinefamily5
05-18-05, 12:47 PM
That was taken from the Marine Corps Times

paquick
05-18-05, 01:14 PM
IT SOUND'S TO ME LIKE SOMEONE TOOK THE INITATIVE AND JACKED THE PERSON UP. MY COVER'S OFF TO WHOEVER WAS IN CHARGE OF THAT FIRE TEAM. <br />
+++ <br />
2/9-3/3 SEMPER FI ALL

yellowwing
05-18-05, 01:25 PM
I hunted down this idiot's personal website. He is not currently deceased, yet.

Mike is revived!
Submitted by mike on Tue, 2005-05-17 20:32.
Well, I suppose the cat's out of the bag, so....I'm not dead.

To those that sent heartfelt messages, and felt that this was a true story, I truly apologize. This situation quickly got out of hand, when national media outlets called looking for clarification.

I honestly thought people would shrug it off, and go on their merry way. I even got a kick out of the numerous hate messages from people...

What kind of psycho gets his kicks p*ssing on us?

marinefamily5
05-18-05, 01:33 PM
I know i would love to run into this guy..........he wouldn't like it all but i would love it............

CHOPPER7199
05-18-05, 02:16 PM
HMM, ONLY 20 OR SO MILES FROM ME.

marinefamily5
05-18-05, 02:20 PM
wish i was up there with you we would have to go pay him a visit........lol

OLE SARG
05-19-05, 09:34 PM
You need to post this idiot's personal website so we all can let him know how we feel about his website. Too bad the SOB ain't dead - yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He sounds like a piece of scum - personally I'd like to meet him, up close and personal.

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

jirzman
05-19-05, 11:08 PM
Remember the old "Blanket Party" for the scumbags?He would qualify for a good a** kicking.Marinefamily5,don't waste your time on scum like him.The next time you read it,just might finally be true.You don't tread on the people that save your butt and allow you the freedom of having such a worthless site,then trash them without some repercussion.