PDA

View Full Version : Good Manners....lmao

marinefamily5
05-17-05, 10:25 AM
Back in the very early 1960's, during a good manners and etiquette class for Marine Officers at the Basic School, the civilian lady Instructor from Mary Washington College that was assigned to do the impossible in teaching this subject, asked this question:

"If you were courting a well educated young girl from a prominent family and during a dinner for two you needed to go to the bathroom, what would you say to her? "

One of the Marine officers replied: I would say "Excuse me a minute, but I'm going to take a leak"

The lady Instructor replied, "No, absolutely not, that would be a very rude and improper way to converse".

Another Marine officer then spoke up and said, "I would just say 'Excuse me please, but I need to go to the head, ...keep eating, I'll be right back in a minute'"

The lady Instructor then said "Well, that's much better, but to mention the word head or toilet during a meal is not considered to be very appropriate at all. ....Is there not a single one of you here who knows how to properly converse with young ladies???".

A quick thinking young Marine officer said, "I would say to her, 'My dear, please excuse me for a moment. I have to go shake hands with a personal friend, whom, I hope to be able to introduce personally to you right after dinner tonight'. "

The Lady Instructor quit and the course has never been taught at the Basic School since then.

CHOPPER7199
05-17-05, 10:32 AM
GREAT,LMAO

marinefamily5
05-17-05, 10:50 AM
i found that in another jarhead forum i just joined and wasn't sure if anyone has seen it yet......

c5down2
05-17-05, 10:52 AM
No I hadn't...hilarious...BTW, what's the other forum?

GySgtRet
05-17-05, 10:52 AM
marinefamily5,

In true Marine Corps fashion. LMAO

marinefamily5
05-17-05, 11:03 AM
The other forum is Sgt Grits forum here is the link to it....i'm not sure if you all have been to this site but you can almost buy anything marine corps from it..........diggys, kids stuff, nco swords almost everything..........

Been edit taking out the name of forum since We Do Not Advertise...
PM the person to get site

Ellie

c5down2
05-17-05, 11:13 AM
Oh yes, I'm already registered with them. I didn't know if you had stumbled on one I hadn't heard of yet. Boy those newsletters can really bring it all back can't they?

marinefamily5
05-17-05, 11:15 AM
i heard that.........

c5down2
05-17-05, 11:54 AM
Oh yes, I'm already registered with them. I didn't know if you had stumbled on one I hadn't heard of yet. Boy those newsletters can really bring it all back can't they?