PDA

View Full Version : No more 9mm's for security forces

tferg78
04-29-05, 11:26 AM
The Marine Corps Security Force battalion is considering disarming all security force marines, including FAST and Special weapons commands of their sidearms.
Personally I believe its a bad idea, because the pistol is the only thing that really seperates us from infantry units. Plus its a great secondary weapon for close ranges.

Other opinions?

LivinSoFree
04-29-05, 01:51 PM
Seriously bad call. Close quarters means it's a real pain to deal with a full length M16. That 9mm is a great backup, personally, I think every Marine should be fluent with it, even if it's no .45.

USMCgrunt0331
04-29-05, 06:28 PM
that'll never happen, I sure haven't heard about it in 1st FAST, you know how scuttlebutt gets around in the Marine Corps, I wouldn't put to much stock in that. I'd be p!ssed if that happened, the type of work we do we sometimes have to have pistols.

tferg78
04-30-05, 06:37 AM
Its cause some Marine in a PRP command blew his head off infront of the Sergeant of the guard. Plus if you haven't noticed that people are more likely to go cowboy and play with their 9mm's.

USMCgrunt0331
05-01-05, 05:15 PM
Do you know the name of the Marine, and which command? I have a ton of friends in Bangor and Kings Bay, hope it wasn't someone I know.