PDA

View Full Version : The VVA, award for Agent Orange Victims

redneck13
04-29-05, 09:51 AM
:marine: Could someone please advise me, if they know, I think it's called the, "Silver Rose" that the VVA gives to proven Agent Orange Related Illnesses" victims. Any help? LOL

thedrifter
04-29-05, 10:01 AM
I have used some of the info from that site...

My late husband passed away last March...after the VA hospital stated he had kidney disease...related from Agent Orange....
There words not ours...

Now the problem comes in fighting the VA...to prove the case....
I have been doing that....and will continue..till the case is proven to me other wise....

Ellie

Namvet67
04-29-05, 10:03 AM
wind'nface...go to the forums section on this site and enter Veterans Affairs (VA)...then in the search for section..enter agent orange and it will take you to a thread called agent orange 101. Lots of stuff in there and you may find what you are looking for. What year were you in Nam and what unit were you with? Gary

redneck13
04-29-05, 10:20 AM
Ms. Ellie? I hope and pray with all I got in me, that you get what your Late/Great Husband so deservedly warrants and you too, for "closing." I know how it is to fight this bunch of pin head gov't birdbrains. I will continue to fight my way thru the maze, until I'm gone, and then I have nobody to fight for me. As my wife left me after 38 yrs of Marriage. My Son is the only one who gives a damn about me. My daughter? Her Mother has filled her head so full of "CRAP" about me, how he, bla, bla, bla, all of which is not true. But, that's beside the point. I want you to continue fighting. And soon, 2007, the Ranch Hand Study will no longer be funded. But at some AFB, there are frozen samples of tissue, that still need to be studied. More than likely, the Gubmit will destroy them.

redneck13
04-29-05, 10:22 AM
Gary? Thanks my Friend. I was with 3rd Recon, I Corps, 67-68, from Phu-bai, to the Z, all points, hotzones, in between. Semper-fi, and LOTS

Namvet67
04-29-05, 10:39 AM
wind'nface...well you were there when they were spraying eveything that grows! I was there during that time period myself and have had lots of problems with kidneys as well as skin cancer. I am currently being treated by the VA and i have filed a claim. Who knows how it will play out. Gary

redneck13
04-29-05, 10:57 AM
God Bless you. I hope they can get it cured. I don't want to say things that might cause you more worry. I will pray for you, and I hope with all my heart, Gary, somehow they'll cure you.
I have, a neurogenic bladder, diagnosed caused by nerve damage, A/O, but not officially. I have Peripheral Neurapathy, now known as result of A/O, but it I think has a time frame, almost like a "slot limit" for fish. My eyes are shot. But I keep going. My teeth are falling out. I've got a large growth on one of my Testee's, that will be sonigrammed next mo.
It has grown. If it's to be, it will be. If I'm to experience this, possible cancer, then so be it. But DAMN the Gubmit, and all those who made the crap. I forgive, but, it's hard. I try not to think to much about it. Thanks again. OH, OH< It just came to me....It's the Order of the Silver Rose. If anyone has heard of it, please advise me, will you? God Bless

Namvet67
04-29-05, 11:04 AM
Hang in there wind'nface! You've made it this far! I'll let you know if i hear anything about the Order of the Silver Rose. Semper Fi and welcome home brother!