PDA

View Full Version : Question

KEYDET
10-23-02, 09:54 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knew a lot about being in NROTC. I am going to get into an NROTC program for my first year of college before I transfer to VMI. I wanted to attend Georgia State University and enroll in their NROTC program. I ws just wondering if you were allowed to just participate in the NROTC and then leave it to go to another school without it being difficult or "dishonorable" or unable to?

Sgt. Brown
10-23-02, 10:02 AM
Your best bet would probably go and ask a recruiter in the area. They know lot about those programs and what it consist's of. They should be able to help you out.:D

gemntx
10-23-02, 12:56 PM
Check with the MOI (Marine Officer Instructor) at the University. If they have one, he should be the best source of information. Unless it has changed from many years ago, it is like any other college class (with a few obvious differences). The only stumbling part would be if you were on scholarship or taking money as part of a program like the PLC (Platoon Leaders Class), if it's still in existence. Anyway, check with the MOI or one of the instructors in the NROTC unit.

Good Luck!

Glenn:marine:

22DevilPup87
10-31-02, 08:26 AM
I've done a little bit of research on the topic, however, I would certainly speak with your local recruiter and whomever is in charge of the NROTC programs at VMI and your other perspective school. <br />