thedrifter
04-29-05, 04:27 AM
Distressed <br />
<br />
April 29, 2005 <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <br />
by Tom Purcell <br />

lprkn
05-01-05, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by thedrifter
And Americans, many of them educated and from good homes, willingly exchange their hard-earned dough for them.

I think the problem is that the 'dough' is not quite hard earned enough.

Osotogary
05-01-05, 05:58 PM
PT Barnun economics at its best.
What I did once when getting ragged on to buy "Designer Jeans" was to buy a generic brand blue jean, sew on a leather patch with my name burnt on it right by the back pocket. Comments? Where did you get those jeans? Answer- A designer made them for me, hence the "Gary" jean. Great way to have your own designer jeans.
Gary

mrbsox
05-01-05, 06:50 PM
So...

I suddenly find out that I have a small fortune hanging in the closet, that the C.O. won't let me wear out in public !!
Fashion has NEVER been one of my strong suits (no pun intended), but I think I could get into this one.

I wonder what I could get for a few pairs of Levis, brought back from the range ??
'00' buck in the seat area, to show off those 'Joe Boxer' drawers...
hmmmmmmmm......

Terry

Francie
05-01-05, 08:08 PM
Dang, here I am recycling old jeans. Those with holes in the knees got cut off and turned into shorts. When those finally wore out, either because, A. they didn't fit anymore or B. they developed new holes and wear spots, I either threw them out or used them to patch other old jeans.

If I had kept all those old worn out jeans, I'd be a millionaire. I wonder if I can sell old worn out gym shoes?

CHOPPER7199
05-01-05, 08:15 PM
THANK YOU FOR THE POST, I THOUGHT I WAS IN TROUBLE. I DID A PATCH JOB ON OUTSIDE OF HOUSE,OOPS, PAINT ONE WAY AND UP AND WENT ON MY JEANS. WELL THE OTHER HALF SAYS, WELL THERE GOES A GOOD PAIR OF JEANS FOR AROUND THE HOUSE. NOW I CAN TELL HER I MADE 200 BUCKS OUT OF BAD LUCK? OR GOOD LUCK? HMMM, I GOT SOME OLD FURNITURE ALSO.

adolphbell
05-03-05, 10:08 PM
Think you have trouble with this stuff at 43; try being 60 and attempt to figure it all out. As the Duke once said ( in Big Jake) "things change". But the logic of baggy pants being held up only by the right hand, totally escapes me.