PDA

View Full Version : the digital cammis`

marinefamily5
04-28-05, 11:39 AM
i was wondering if anyone could tell me when the dead line is for not being able to wear the old style cammis and if the dead line has past tell me what MCO it is..........

LivinSoFree
04-28-05, 11:50 AM
Sgt,

As of 1 October 2004- Black boots are no longer authorized, all Marines are required to possess MARPAT (digital Cammies). Check the MCO 1020.34G, which is the latest incarnation of the MCO for Uniforms for specifics.

Semper Fi
- Meyer

marinefamily5
04-28-05, 11:57 AM
hey thank you,

the reason why i'm asking is because i'm thinking about returning to active duty.

USMCgrunt0331
04-28-05, 12:15 PM
Unfortunately, now everyone is wearing digital cammies. The army came right behind us, but they still have to wear their stupid berets at least, lol. Now the navy has their blue and white digi's, I've seen a few sailors wearing them, and the Air Force is working on something similar. The Navy is planning on the blue digi's replacing their other work uniform, and be the uniform required for wear while on a ship. All I got to say is they are screwed if they fall overboard, w/ them blue digi's they'll never be found.

A couple of sailors said the their new digi's are a response to the complaint that when sailors paint on a ship, it screws up their uniform, and they figure it's ok to wear jacked up cammies, just not the other uniform.

marinefamily5
04-28-05, 12:20 PM
the navy has blue and white digi's doesn't that kinda of defeat the purpose of camofloge ( i can't spell never claimed to but you get the point ) could you really see someone in the bush with blue and white camofloge uniform on.........

USMCgrunt0331
04-28-05, 12:32 PM
lol naval security and Seals will still be authorized to wear the old cammies-Can you imagine a Seal team stalking in on a covert mission in blue cammies-that would be a hilarious sight to see!

marinefamily5
04-28-05, 12:34 PM
yeah that would be a funny sight. a bunch of butt pirate running around in blue cammies..........

LivinSoFree
04-28-05, 01:04 PM
The one good argument I've heard from sailors regarding their new working uniforms is that currently, there's just too d*mn many of them. The seabags are getting full, and they're trying to standardize what they're issuing. Obviously operational requirements will dictate, but to an extent I can understand where they're going with it.

HOWEVER: The new Navy Service uniforms- basically an off-color ripoff of the Marine Corps service uniforms... that's a different story...

Then again, I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... just 'cause we figured it all out first, they all wanna follow the lead ;-)

USMCgrunt0331
04-28-05, 01:26 PM
Yeah, all the guys I work w/ here in the Joint Task Force Operation Center(I'm currently an 03-pogue due to an injury, lol) openly admit that they know the Marine Corps is the superior branch, and these are army and navy officers and E-7's. There was one day when units from all the branches were gonna PT together, but they told the Marines they didn't have to particpate if they didn't want to-a petty officer I work w/ told me later all the navy guys were complaining that the Marines were gonna try to burn them out in the Pt session-ha they got scared when they found out they would have to pt w/ the Marines. OOHRAH!

CHOPPER7199
04-28-05, 01:33 PM
SOUNDS LIKE, SOME ARE TOUGH, BUT OTHERS ARE TOUGHER.LMAO

lprkn
04-28-05, 02:16 PM
The Army's new cammies look pretty strange, but as long as they get the job done, who cares what they look like.

Here's a link (http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/acu.htm) about them.

Apparently, they're just going to have one pattern for everything now, seems convenient. I like the "mandarin collar," Those flacks can really rub the hell out of your neck.

LivinSoFree
04-28-05, 03:37 PM
"Permanently affixed IR Feedback squares on shoulders"

WTF? That's a ridiculous idea... if the enemy's got IR gear, you've got one more thing to worry about covering up...

R.Linde
04-28-05, 11:21 PM
AF Cover

Eric Robinson
04-29-05, 02:18 AM
From what i understand, if u went to boot camp and were issued the old style cammies there then u rate to still wear them now but u have to have a full set of the digital cammies for inspection. But in my section of our unit eveyone has too wear the new digital cammies for uniformity reasons, it really just comes down to what your unit says, but i see Marines all over the place that wear the old cammies everyday. But the black boots are gone for good, unless your out in the field for training (i think).

mrbsox
04-29-05, 06:28 AM
In the late '70s, we were phasing in the 'woodlands' pattern. We still had to have a set of the 'Sateen' utilities for wall locker inspection, but they were NEVER worn in garrison any more.

It was kind of odd, because there was NOT a cammy cover in issue, we still wore the Sateen cover, with the cammy pattern.

As the 'boots' rotated into the unit they of course had only the cammies. There was a cut off date when the Sateen utilities were removed from the requirements, but it was after my EAS.

lprkn
05-01-05, 05:40 PM
My dad has a story about when the new camo pattern came in to replace the sateen one.

He was one of the 'boots' who had nothing but the new pattern, and when he got to his unit (arty), he was about the only one. So of course, the other Marines put him through an "axe qual" and the his beautiful camoflauge cover got destroyed.

BTW, anybody besides artillery do axe quals?

R.Linde
05-01-05, 08:46 PM
Some call it an engineers test, close your eyes and try to chop the quarter in half, put their cover on the table while they chop away, funny stuff!!