PDA

View Full Version : Military Comparisons

Old Marine
04-23-05, 08:04 AM
An Army grunt stands in the rain with a 35 lb. pack on his back, 15 lb. weapon in hand, after having mrched 12 miles and says "This is ****."

An Army Ranger stand in the rain with a 45 lb pack on his back, weapon in hand, after having jumped from an airplane and marched 18 miles and says with a smile, "This is good ****."

A Navy Seal lies in the mud, 55 lb pack on his back, weapon in hand, after swimming 10 miles to shore, crawling through a seamp and marching 25 miles at night past the enemy positions, saays with a grin. "This really is great ****."

A Marine, up to his nose in the stinking, bug-infested mud of a swamp with a 65 lb pack on his back an a weapon in both hands after jumping from an aircraft at high altitude, into the ocean, swimming 12 miles to the shore, killing several alligators to enter the swamp, then crawling 30 miles through the brush to assault an enemy camp says, "I love this ****."

An Air Force officer sits in an easy chair in his air conditioned, carpeted BOQ room and says, "The cable's out. What kind of **** is this."

Osotogary
04-23-05, 10:18 AM
What a biased story! LMAO.

Arlene Horton
04-23-05, 10:46 AM
It may be biased, Gary, but I love it!

Lock-n-Load
04-23-05, 01:30 PM
:marine: Way to go, Old Marine...best laff of the day..Thx.:marine:

Old Marine
04-25-05, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Osotogary
What a biased story! LMAO.

What makes you think that is biased?

I would never do that to a Greyhound Driver.

yellowwing
04-25-05, 08:43 AM
Greyhound Driver, I have not heard that one in years! :banana:

I have a phone message in to my high school buddy, an F-16 driver turner Predator drone care taker.

He was the LtCol that said Captain Scott O'Grady was a **** poor pilot, that was lucky as hell that our Beloved Corps went in to rescue his bacon! He used the word 'bufoon' which I guess is
Air Force speak for less than outsanding performance.

Namvet67
04-25-05, 12:25 PM
LMAO....that was great Old Marine!

R.Linde
04-25-05, 01:18 PM
If you want a really good chuckle you should read up on the Air Forces new uniform. Blue tiger stripe on the same material as the Marine Corps, a "unique logo" embedded in the pattern, but some of the airmen don't seem to like the "Navy Seabee style hat" (those pogues don't know a utility cover when they see one)
They seem to need a maitenance free uniform because they
became an "expieditionary air force" recently. This subject has potential for its own forum.

yellowwing
04-25-05, 02:06 PM
They seem to need a maitenance free uniform because they it's own forum topic, not here, eh?

R.Linde
04-25-05, 03:10 PM
Here is the link
[URL=http://www.af.mil/photos/story_photos.asp?storyID=123005370]

R.Linde
04-25-05, 03:14 PM
2nd try
http://www.af.mil/photos/story_photos.asp?storyID=123005370 (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/)

R.Linde
04-25-05, 03:17 PM
3rd try
http://www.af.mil/photos/story_photos.asp?storyID=123005370
this one works, check out the cool "Seabee Hat"

yellowwing
04-25-05, 03:33 PM
ANDREWS AIR FORCE BASE, Md. (AFPN) -- Comrade Second Lt. Arcelia Miller, from the Air Force’s special security office, 2nd Directorate, puts the Air Force test utility uniform through its paces at an entry control point here. The blue, gray and green tiger-stripe camouflage ensemble includes many new features intended to increase functionality while providing a distinctive look for the 21st century Committee for State Security airmen. The uniforms will undergo wear-testing beginning in January 4. Airmen from a cross section of Air Force career fields will provide feedback on the fit, durability and functionality of the proposed ensemble which will come in men's and women's cuts. (Air Force photo by Master Sgt. Jim Varhegyi 412th Mig Squadron Public Affairs Directorate)

0300poolee
04-25-05, 05:50 PM
that uniform is just plane ole' stupid

greensideout
04-25-05, 06:29 PM
That is the perfect camo for a splash down at sea---maybe the sharks wouldn't see you---LMAO.

Osotogary
04-25-05, 07:02 PM
There's goin' to be trouble if they run into a horny gray, blue and green striped tiger. Seriously, would this combination of colors be good in a dimly lit urban setting? There is a kind of blue green colored hay that this uniform would look good next to. Who in the blazes thinks of these things?

cajunguy
04-25-05, 07:30 PM
Does the old Russian Spetznatz {sp?} uniform ring any bells? Maybe not exactly the same, BUT - - - http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage22/14.gif

(Looks almost like the Air Farce mighta found all that leftover uniform material the ruskies threw away.)

Osotogary
04-25-05, 07:47 PM
Good one, cajunguy. If memory serves me, the Spetnaz uniforms had tighter patterns but the colors sure ring a bell.

Arlene Horton
04-25-05, 08:45 PM
I don't know....that look on her face seems to be that she is trying very hard to LOL. I know I did when I saw it!

cajunguy
04-25-05, 09:23 PM
Arlene

I think I would have to ask her if she FEELS as stoopid as she LOOKS.

(Damn. Sure makes me glad I don't have to tell folks I'm an Air Farce vet. I think I would be too embarrased to admit that.) And to think that I once seriously considered the AF. Phew.

Sure makes me glad I'm one of THE FEW! We STILL look better than the rest.

Semper (freakin') Fi, y'all!

Old Marine
04-26-05, 07:37 AM
Aint it purty.

ese4mc
04-26-05, 09:53 AM
TYPICAL WASTE OF MONEY BY THE A.F.--WHAT ARE THEY TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH??--WHY DO THEY NEED CAMO-UNIFORMS--WHO ARE THEY TRYING TO IMPRESS???GIVE THEM ALL ORANGE JUMP SUITS--BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY

Ed Palmer
04-26-05, 11:19 AM
As our friend Gomer Pyle would say (WELL GOLLY GEE) aint they purty