PDA

View Full Version : Military Jury Convicts Sergeant of Murder

Phantom Blooper
04-22-05, 12:02 AM
April 21, 2005 10:22 PM EDT <br />
<br />
FORT BRAGG, N.C. - An Army sergeant was convicted Thursday by a military jury of premeditated murder and attempted murder in a grenade and rifle attack that killed two...

jinelson
04-22-05, 12:18 AM
Disgusting doggie puke, let the UCMJ prevail and let him find Allah.

Namvet67
04-22-05, 08:01 AM
Looks like he is getting what he deserves! Basic training failed in his case.....you shoot the enemy, not your brothers..dumbass!

fade2black
04-22-05, 09:12 AM
One of the 5% that slips through the cracks. I hope he gets to meet allah real soon!

Toby M
04-22-05, 09:25 AM
You took the words right out of my mouth, Gbudd! May he rot in hell for his actions!!!!

marinefamily5
04-22-05, 09:27 AM
u know i would put his azz infront of a firing squad and let them take care of him........i would love to be one of the squad member.....

yellowwing
04-22-05, 10:48 AM
Now would be a great time to set the example and hand out the death penalty.

I've read about 4 different versions of the story, and it's cut and dry that he knew what he was doing. Premediatated murder of Officers in the time of war.

We shall see on Monday.

fade2black
04-22-05, 11:21 AM
When was the last time a military court gave out the death penalty and it was actually carried out? (Not being sarcastic, I'm actually asking because I have no clue)

Phantom Blooper
04-22-05, 11:33 AM
U.S. Military

Year of Reenactment
(since 1972 suspension) 1984
Year of First Execution
(since reenactment) none
History 18xx-1984: hanging

1984-present: lethal injection

Current Method Lethal injection

The U.S. Military does not forbid the execution of the mentally retarded or juvenile offenders, though its admission policies make such executions very unlikely. The Military does have a sentence of life without parole.

There have been no executions since April 13, 1961, when U.S. Army Private John A. Bennett was hanged. There are 7 men on the military death row.

In 1983, the Armed Forces Court of Appeals held in U.S. v. Matthews, that military capital sentencing procedures were unconstitutional for failing to require a finding of individualized aggravating circumstances. In 1984, the death penalty was reinstated when President Ronald Reagan signed an executive order adopting detailed rules for capital courts-martial. Among the rules was a list of 11 aggravating factors that qualify defendants for death sentences.

R.Linde
04-22-05, 12:25 PM
Lock him in a room, toss in a few grenades and call it even.

mrbsox
04-22-05, 12:36 PM
I'm interested to see if the Army has the BALLS to hang his a$$ !!

Let's see if I've got the facts right;

Time of war
Act of War

Lets add TREASON
Espionage
Dereliction of duty

HANG HIM !!

Question to you all...

IF, it is decided to do so,
What kind of message would that send to the rest of the world ??

Opinions !! :Marine:

fade2black
04-22-05, 01:29 PM
The message would be that our militarty means business and we don't put up with $hit from anyone....especially crap like this from within our own ranks!