PDA

View Full Version : Usmc0311

JRtheSTAR
10-22-02, 08:31 PM
On 21 Oct. 02 the Northwest Detachment 162, Marine Corps League held its monthly meeting. Under new member applications USMC0311 name was read by the Detachment Adjutant and the commandant spoke a few words about USMC0311 and a motion was made to accept. The motion had a second and was put to a vote. Everyone voted yea.
Joe, on behalf of the members of the Northwest Detachment, I want to say thankyou for joining and a big WELCOME ABOARD Bro.
We also had our election of officers for the coming year and I was re elected Detachment Commandant. So being that the Marine Corps Birthday is on a Sunday I am having the installation of officers and the birthday party together on 10 Nov. 02. We will start at 1400 hours with cocktail hour, 1445 hours the outgoing commandant introduces the honored guests and presents awards. Then the installation of officers ceremonies and then dinner. After dinner the birthday celebration and cake cutting will be performed by our incoming Senior Vice Commandant M/Sgt Paul Kopjoe and Service Officer Gy/Sgt Norm Wilcox. This should be a great day and a great time for all who attend. Joe, I hope you and Willie can make on the 10 of Nov. Barndog, I know you live in Michigan but I don't know if you are close to Northville but you are invited also. That also goes for any other Marines from here that might be in the area.

thedrifter
10-22-02, 08:43 PM
Joe congrats on your joining and being excepted by
the MCL. JRtheSTAR, you are getting a good Veteran Marine into your MCL Detachment. I have know Joe for sometime now and we have been Brothers and Good Friends.

Sempers,

Roger

USMC0311
10-22-02, 09:53 PM
Thank You for The Honor of being a Member in the Marine Corps League detachment #162 JR.
And Thank You Roger for the kind words Brother.

I won't be able to make the 10 Nov date JR. I am going to be in Virginia between the 6th and 9th, then goin to DC for the 10th and Eleventh.gonna party with the Corps Grunts (Viet Vets).
I will Make it to Northville when I get back though JR..we can tip a few or do sum Java.

Barndog/Tony Lives in Lansing..I think he got a Invite to attend the Marine Corps Ball with C/1/24th Marines Located in Lansing.

Semper Fidelis, Marines

Barndog
10-23-02, 05:41 AM
FYI -

I'm attending the Marine Corps Ball in the Upper Pennusula - in Cisco Chain of Lakes - about 15 miles West of Watersmeet (US-2 & US-45). I've been doing this for about 8-9 years now. My best Bro lives up there, and I committed to that Ball - for the Marines there.

Another FYI - Joe - Sgt McDonald's B-day is 30 Nov. We (at the bar) are trying to set up a Birthday party for him there that day.
It's on Saturday. Will inform you as things progress.

JR - would definately enjoy knocking back some cold, refreshing beverages with you Marines. I don't often get to the Metro area, however exceptions can be made as long as weapons are allowed LOL.

Semper Fidelis

JRtheSTAR
10-23-02, 07:30 PM
Please excuse the delay in replying, I'm working about 75 hours a week right now and don't get much time on line. Lookiing forward to tippig a few with you. Maybe we could all meet somewhere in between Lansing, Swartz Creek and Novi. Work should be slowing down after the holidays.

USMC0311
10-23-02, 07:39 PM
sounds like a plan JR..my land line is 810-635-9264

Y don't we meet in Lansing on the 30th For Sgt.McDonalds B-Day party..the bar is Big the Girls are pretty and its only bout 45 mins from both of us..if we get smoked we can get a motel or even better yet maybe we can hook-up with sum honeys..and Get Sum :yes:
Let me know

NamNuts
10-23-02, 11:24 PM
Congrats ya ole mudder!

One of these daz when i get ma sea leg back we gonna set up a meet and i'm gonna come aboard and we gonna hit the clubs lookin for***POON*** and Liberals ta whack!

Dat be a nice lil swoop around the puddle to your AO.. i can handle that from Titletown!

USMC0311
10-24-02, 01:10 AM
YO!! JOS

I'm up for that Bro, after the swoop to the LZ I'm gonna get sum TLC in NC. when I get back to my AO we'll comm bout the hook-up, I got ya covered here Bro. my perimeter is secure and I got Transportation and a Driver available for Liberty Call.

OOH RAH ya ole LiBeRaL wackin muther.

Semper Fidelis!!!!!! ya bad muther!!!!!!!!!

NamNuts
10-24-02, 08:04 AM
Dat sounds like a patrol i can still handle!

I should be up for a swoop by then...and i can get a rest stop coming round the puddle at my kid brothers(USMC 1973-77) in Gurnee, Il.

I have been to your web site..your son did a fine yob!

Check this site out...he's colleting boot camp plt grad photos...Juan and I sent ours to Mike...!

http://www.myplatoon.5u.com/

USMC0311
10-24-02, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the site JOS itsa good one. I just got my tickets for the swoop to to the LZ gonna be ridin the "big dog". I'll see if I can get sum squeezins from Dane soz we can Drink to the Bros. with sum real stuff. catch ya on the flip side JOS.

I'll post my **** on Mikes site today sumtime today thanks again JOS. Semper Fi, Marine

JRtheSTAR
10-26-02, 05:45 AM
I can't make it on the 30th for the B-day party, but as soon as work slows down we can get together. I can even bring a crew of us that would enjoy tipping a few. When it happens, remind me to bring our detachment scarp book. It's got all kinds of pictures of the things our detachment has done

JRtheSTAR
10-26-02, 02:49 PM
Hey JoeT, if you're going into Quantico we have members there also. Let me know and I'll introduce you to the best looking GySgt you've ever seen. Also if you get aroud Morganton, NC. we have members there also.

USMC0311
10-26-02, 03:04 PM
Hookin up sounds good JR. let me know Bro. I seen pics of the Gunny she is a "Fox" bunch of us CorpGrunts are goin to the Wall in DC I think the 9th and 10th. If ya can arrange a hook-up there I'll introduce the Gunny To some of the Finest Marines The Corps has ever produced.
I'd never pass the chance to downa few with a Marine!
Semper Fi, JR