04-21-05, 10:51 AM
It's about time!

http://www.detnews.com/2005/technology/0504/21/A01-157676.htm

marinefamily5
04-21-05, 11:09 AM
I agree it is about time.......

yellowwing
04-21-05, 11:31 AM
But after seven hours of combing through the more than 10,000 pages of text and numerical gibberish, it appeared the CD that Yahoo! released did not contain any e-mails written by Justin, even those he'd previously sent home.
With Yahoo mail accounts you have to manually set "Save your sent messages in the Sent Items folder". And saved messages count against your total allowed storage.

I'm sorry it this family did not get want they wanted.

God rest Lance Cpl. Justin M. Ellsworth.

yellowwing
04-21-05, 11:48 AM
Bronze Star for fallen Marine stirs proud dad
Family hears of amazing valor as they wage own fight for e-mail from Iraq
By Jennifer Chambers / The Detroit News (http://www.detnews.com/2005/metro/0503/01/C01-103759.htm)
WIXOM -- John Ellsworth's fight for his son's e-mails from the battlefields of Iraq rages on, but news that Justin was awarded a Bronze Star for bravery brought more pride and more tears.

"I am so proud. It almost gives me the same feeling when he left for Iraq. I was so proud of him, and I was so scared," John Ellsworth said Monday. "I do know he didn't die in vain, and he did make a difference."

Justin M. Ellsworth, a 20-year-old lance corporal, was killed Nov. 13 during a foot patrol with other Marines in Al Anbar province.

Justin's family knew few details of his death, but a letter authorizing the Bronze Star with Combat Distinguished Service revealed that Justin, whose job was to locate and destroy hidden bombs, discovered a homemade explosive that morning and moved toward the bomb to investigate it.

Discovering the device lacked wires and was likely remote-controlled, Justin warned his fellow Marines to clear the area. By the time he discovered a cell phone was attached to the device, the explosive was detonated. Justin was directly over the bomb at the time.

His effort saved the lives of 11 Marines and spared many others from more serious injuries, the military stated.

"He has set an example of courage for all to emulate that has been an inspiration for the platoon as well as his fellow Marines," the statement read.

John Ellsworth said he knew when his son enlisted that he was a special young man. "I wasn't surprised by what he did. I was surprised that the information was even made available to me. It was pretty graphic. It took me back," he said.