PDA

View Full Version : The First Marine?

hillbilly_0311
04-21-05, 06:40 AM
Archangel Michael

St Michael, who ranks among the seven archangels, is also one of the three angels mentioned by name in the Scriptures.

St Michael is spoken of four times in the Scriptures:

* The first reference occurs in Daniel (chapter 10) where Michael comes to comfort Daniel after he has had a vision, and promises to be his helper in all things.
* In Daniel (chapter 12), Michael is called "the great prince who stands for the children of Thy people". In these references, Michael is represented as Israel's great support during the 70 years of the Babylonian captivity.
* In the Letter of St Jude (verse 9), we are told that Michael disputed with Satan over the body of Moses.
* In the Book of Revelation (chapter 12), St John recounts his vision of the great battle in Heaven, when the wicked angels under Lucifer revolt against God, and how Michael, leading the faithful angels, defeats the hosts of evil and drives them out

HardJedi
04-21-05, 09:11 AM
since when have Marines and angels EVER been confused for each other?

never met an angelic Marine in my life!

LOL

interesting perspective though.

CAR
04-22-05, 12:34 AM
I like it! Good way to look at it. I have always liked a saying in the movie "the Prophecy" - (not verbatim) - Angels sit in heaven with a glow of glory, and one wing dipped in blood.

Angels are the warriors of heaven, Marines guard the streets ... First Marine????? In the philisophical sense - why not !
Semper Fi Hillbilly

jo1753
04-25-05, 02:15 AM
I'd like to think some of our fallen Marines are angels looking over us here, and those who are now fighting...!!!

Semper-Fi

God bless the Corps

P. M. SHEEHAN
04-25-05, 11:27 AM
St. Michael is the unofficial patron saint of the Corps. I know of many Marines who were friends of my husband who wore his medal. We belong to St. Michael's Church and there is a full-size statue of Michael in full, ancient battle gear stomping on the devil. It's awesome!

cpl_daley
04-25-05, 01:46 PM
http://www.wga.hu/art/g/gerhard/michael.jpg

OOH_RAHH!!