PDA

View Full Version : Awareness Bracelets

BC22
04-18-05, 05:46 PM
I'm sure that everyone has seen the rubber wrist bracelets that seem to be all the rage nowadays. I bought an olive green one from the PX the other day that goes towards supporting military charities and one of the other guys in my unit has one in support of our fallen servicemen during the War on Terrorism. One of the sergeants in my company's S-4 shop also wears the yellow cancer support bracelet, all of us in uniform. My friend was told by this sergeant that the bracelet was authorized to be worn in uniform, but earlier I got told by a 1stSgt that they were not.

Does anyone know of any Marine Corps Order for or against these bracelets in uniform?

Wyoming
04-18-05, 06:51 PM
Does anyone know of any Marine Corps Order for or against these bracelets in uniform?

Doesn't this go with the old saying, 'If the Marine Corps had wanted you have a wife, they'd of issued you one'.

Works the same way doesn't it, the Corps didn't issue it, so it ain't authorized.

My story and I'm sticking to it.

nofearusmc
04-19-05, 02:31 PM
Hope this sheds a little light on your subject.

When in doubt research it!

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sites/mcub/

MCO P1020.34(web)
MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS

1004. PERSONAL APPEARANCE
1. The Marine Corps uniform regulations for standards of personal appearance and grooming are as specific as practicable in order to establish the parameters with which Marines must comply. Marine Corps uniform standards of grooming do not allow eccentric or faddish styles of hair, jewelry, or eyeglasses. Eccentricities in individual appearance detract from uniformity and team identity. Because it is impossible to provide examples of every appropriate or unacceptable style of "conservative" or "eccentric" grooming and attire, the good judgement of Marines at all levels is key to enforcement of Marine Corps standards in this issue, as in other issues.

2. Articles that are not authorized for wear as a part of a regulation uniform will not be worn exposed with the uniform unless otherwise authorized by the Commandant or higher authority. Examples of such articles include but are not limited to the following: pencils, pens, watch chains, fobs, pins, civlian backpacks/bags, jewelry (except as authorized herein), handkerchiefs, combs, cigarettes, pipes, barrettes, hair ribbons/ornaments, flowers (corsages/boutonnieres, etc.) or other similar items. Except for the authorization contained in paragraph 7000, articles such as cellular phones, pagers, etc. are not authorized for wear on a regulation uniform.