PDA

View Full Version : Civilian against the Military

Namvet67
04-15-05, 01:07 PM
This web site is getting a lot of negative responses on several of the other military sites. The guy who is hosting this site needs his ass kicked. http://www.foresakethetroups.info/index.shtml

larry0351
04-17-05, 07:49 AM
I agree with gbudd, every one is entitled to what they believe.But who ever is hosting this site needs to go to a country of his choice( France,Germany).The way this person feels ,would feel right at home there.

cajunguy
04-17-05, 11:46 AM
His azz kickin' might have happened. The site is down.

LivinSoFree
04-17-05, 11:54 AM
My response posted to his contact form... he'll probably never read it, but I feel better...

To address a couple of points:

"The military is full of drunken rednecks who couldn't hack it in the civilian workforce..."
- We'll use myself as the counterexample. I'm a 20 year old sophomore at the University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill. I scored a 1360 on the SATs, a 30 Composite Average on the ACTs, hit the 99th Percentile on the ASVAB (which, admittedly, isn't that difficult, but I'll still throw it in there). No financial or "last option" sort of need drives my participation in the Armed Services. Yet I chose to enlist and become a United States Marine.

Why, you may ask?
- Was it because I voted Republican? Certainly not. Was it because I believe strongly in what we are doing in Iraq? No, it was not. It was because I believe in the Constitution of the United States of America, to which I swore a solemn oath to "Support and Defend, against all enemies foreign and domestic." That's where this comes from. It's not because I'm a war-junkie or a brainwashed "scumbag." It's because guys I went to high school with were getting their heads blown off while I was sitting in an airconditioned dorm room reading about it, with no good reason to not see if I could bring them back alive. It isn't about politics, it's about the man to your left and right, it's about taking care of your brothers, and making sure everyone comes home.

As difficult as it may be for some individuals to come to terms with, the existence of the military is a regrettable necessity. Since we, as a race, cannot "all just get along," and since we suffer from a distinct disparity in the distribution of resources and "desirable real estate," so to speak, there will, for the forseeable future, always exist individuals who would seek to disrupt our way of life and kill a great many of us. As a result, the military must exist in a sufficient capacity to deter such individuals from acting towards this end, and if necessary, respond to threats in kind. To date, it is worth noting that the American Military has shown remarkable restraint in comparison to the acts of those who have attacked us. Were we to truly respond "in kind" to recent events, we would have detonated thermonuclear weapons over a number of Middle Eastern nations.

In regards to your claims that military compensation is "outrageous, obscene, unearned, and above all.....undeserved," perhaps the most telling counter to this would be the examination of your quoted amount of compensation for an E-3 with less than two years of experience (a rank which comprises a large amount of our armed forces, in terms of paygrade) when figured into an hourly rate for a combat deployed Marine, who's average "workday" is typically in excess of 20 hours. For the sake of mathematics, we'll use 20 hours as the accepted value. Also note that during combat operations, there are no "weekends" or "vacation days," so all 30 days of a "short month" can be used to figure the hourly rate.

$1,456.20/30dys = $48.54 (per day) /20hrs= $2.427 (per hour)

So there you have it. Mathematically speaking, your average E-3 grunt is making $2.43 an hour to dodge bombs and bullets, dig his own hole to sleep in every night, and wonder whether or not he's coming home alive. Personally I think we might be getting shorted a little bit, but I don't do it for the money, that's for sure.

I will leave you with this final thought. I cannot quite fathom what could have possibly created such an extremely hostile attitude towards the United States Military, however, as I'm sure you are acutely aware, it is your right to hold such an opinon, as well as publish it. It is that fact, however, which also gives me the greatest satisfaction, along with a chuckle at a strange twist of irony- if you lived in the countries that we are so violently opposed to, publishing a website like this would get you decapitated in a soccer stadium.

PFCJon
04-17-05, 12:28 PM
Ellie- don't delete this until the post above gets edited please- there is a typo in the link provided and it's something a lot of the Marines here might be interested in looking into- as well as some sick stuff. The link you're looking for is http://www.foresakethetroops.info/index.shtml

jinelson
04-17-05, 02:20 PM
OUTSTANDING Response Marine! Im afraid that my own would have been a bit more colorful and would not have gotten the point across as eloquently as yours did. Thank You Meyer.

Semper Fi
Jim

CrazyBrave83
04-17-05, 03:47 PM
Someone please put me within 500 yds. of this ****heel with an M40a3. It'll be a short day.

jinelson
04-17-05, 04:51 PM
Here is a better link http://www.forsakethetroops.info/

Francie
04-17-05, 06:16 PM
Excellent response, Livin. Like jinelson my response would have been a bit more blunt but not nearly as intelligent. Something on the order of "If you don't like the way our country is run....get the hell out"

SuNmAN
04-17-05, 06:52 PM
I'd like to personally end this person's life. I'm shaking right now because I'm so ****ed off

SuNmAN
04-17-05, 07:29 PM
Heres what I had to say to him.

Greetings sir! I'd have to say I couldn't help but laugh my butt off when I saw your site !

My name is Lance Corporal Tai, (E-3) serving in the United States Marine Corps.

Your comment that military servicemembers are scumbags who can't hack it in the civilian world is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I personally scored a 1390 on the SAT, a 32 on the ACT and in the 96th percentile on the ASVAB, and attend the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, one of the nation's best public schools. Furthermore, the 4 military academies are some of the most selective schools in the United States...but of course, you don't care about any of that so let's get down to what you care about:

Yep. I'm very pleased to inform you that I'm using about $300 a month of YOUR TAX DOLLARS through the Reserve GI Bill to pay for my University of Illinois tuition! Ain't that great ! In addition, everytime I show up for a weekend drill and train, I get to put on that awesome uniform and train to KILL all the while getting paid $240 for a weekend of fun! Even better, when I do get to go to Iraq and KILL YOUR TERRORIST BROTHERS, ALL OF MY PAY AND ALLOWANCES ARE TAX-FREE! I get not only my regular salary, but also sea pay, combat pay, hazardous duty pay thanks to you GENEROUS TAX DOLLARS ! Wow, not to mention my M-16A2, my flak jacket, my kevlar, every round of 5.56mm lead I pump into the enemy's face, every gallon of diesel my Humvee burns on a combat patrol, every missile and smart bomb launches whenever I call for air support...and much much more ALL COME FROM YOUR GENEROUS TAX DOLLARS! Isn't that great?

Oooooo....even better! If I qualify for the nROTC scholarship to become a Marine Officer, YOUR TAX DOLLARS will cover my tuition, food, housing, books and miscellaneous expenses and training up to $150,000!!!

So to summarize: YOUR TAX DOLLARS pays for our tuition, our salary, our medical and dental benefits, our allowances, our ammunition, our weapons, our tanks and aircraft, our nuclear powered carriers and subs...our fuel, $150,000 scholarships for our officer candidates...you name it, your tax dollars can buy it !

You didn't think your tax dollars were that useful, didn't ya? Thank you sir, for your generousity !

Toby M
04-17-05, 08:43 PM
I was going to comment on the website but this only serves to feed their anger and frustration so it just plain ain't worth it! This reminds me of the guys throwing bags of sh** at my cab when I came back from 'Nam. It don't mean nuthin' man...

Cheezballz
04-17-05, 10:09 PM
that guy should get dragged out in the street and get shot in the face with a 357mag.

jinelson
04-17-05, 10:54 PM
Get some SuNmAN great post Marine

Semper Fi
Jim

jo1753
04-18-05, 03:05 AM
I couldn't access that site............But I did read everyones posts. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this person has a 4F rating. and is just p*ssed off because he/she can't join up. Or maybe this person was in,but got kicked out. So now they need to take jabs at the military......in order to feel better about their self............either way it's weird.

Semper-Fi

God bless the Corps

ese4mc
04-18-05, 08:24 AM
AFTER REAADING SOME OF THE SLANTED VIEWS OF THIS PERSON ,I FOUND MY SELF TRYING TO PICTURE HIS FACE---TRY AS I DID THE BEST I COULD SEE WAS AN A--HOLE WITH TEETH--THAT SAYS IT ALL

Namvet67
04-18-05, 11:19 AM
You can see a picture of this punk on www.thesquadbay.com

GunnyL
04-18-05, 03:02 PM
Domain ID:D9620995-LRMS
Domain Name:FORSAKETHETROOPS.INFO
Created On:12-Feb-2005 18:21:00 UTC
Last Updated On:16-Apr-2005 04:16:01 UTC
Expiration Date:12-Feb-2006 18:21:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:R126-LRMS
Registrant ID:C9460193-LRMS
Registrant Name:Michael Crook
Registrant Organization:SMIS Hosting
Registrant Street1:201 E. Jefferson Street
Registrant Street2:Suite #301
Registrant City:Syracuse
Registrant State/Province:NY
Registrant Postal Code:13203
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Email:comments@smishosting.com
Admin ID:C9460193-LRMS
Admin Name:Michael Crook
Admin Organization:SMIS Hosting
Admin Street1:201 E. Jefferson Street
Admin Street2:Suite #301
Admin City:Syracuse
Admin State/Province:NY
Admin Postal Code:13203
Admin Country:US
Admin Email:comments@smishosting.com
Billing ID:C9460193-LRMS
Billing Name:Michael Crook
Billing Organization:SMIS Hosting
Billing Street1:201 E. Jefferson Street
Billing Street2:Suite #301
Billing City:Syracuse
Billing State/Province:NY
Billing Postal Code:13203
Billing Country:US
Billing Email:comments@smishosting.com
Tech ID:C9460193-LRMS
Tech Name:Michael Crook
Tech Organization:SMIS Hosting
Tech Street1:201 E. Jefferson Street
Tech Street2:Suite #301
Tech City:Syracuse
Tech State/Province:NY
Tech Postal Code:13203
Tech Country:US
Tech Email:comments@smishosting.com
Name Server:NS1.SMISHOSTING.COM
Name Server:NS2.SMISHOSTING.COM

Here's the info on who owns the site!

GunnyL

kentmitchell
04-18-05, 03:38 PM
Just another girlyman.

SuNmAN
04-18-05, 06:51 PM
again...the good link

http://www.forsakethetroops.info/

SuNmAN
04-18-05, 06:53 PM
any devildogs live in the same town wanna pay him a friendly little visit?

boham
04-18-05, 11:47 PM
Don't know if it will help, but I sent an E-mail to Michael Savage about this pathetic excuse for a website. E-mail is as follows:

Hello Michael, my name is Bradley Hamilton. I am a former Active US Marine (currently IRR) and am apart of several Marine Corps websites such as Leatherneck.com. I also have made my very own website for Marines. While reading the forums in Leatherneck.com, I came accross a forum topic which had a link to an appalling website that almost had me shaking. Sincce my resources are limited, I have decided to e-mail you and see if you could address this issue publicly. This website has devoted 100% of its effort against the United States Military and it seems that the host server is in the same boat. What can be done about this horrible use of free speech?

eddief
04-18-05, 11:57 PM
You guys are giving this jackass the attention he wants.

Namvet67
04-19-05, 09:22 AM
GunnyL....thanks for the research on the website. I'll pass it on. Eddief....he may not want the kind of attention he may receive! I understand the freedom of speech thing...however, i think this kid is pushing the envelope! No good can come from this (for him).

OLE SARG
04-19-05, 09:26 AM
This Michael Crook ******* needs an attitude adjustment!!!! I just know some of our Marines on this site could do that very well. You are right, this ******* is probably 4F and a grade school dropout.

He'll get his sooner or later.

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

airframesguru
04-19-05, 11:25 AM
Dude!

I am sooooo F'n irrate now. Someone should hack that site. Make all the "sick" words Happy/proud. Drop the DoD symbol in each corner of each page (I would have said the EGA, but I dont want our symbol gracing the sh%tbags website.

Get some brothers!

airframesguru
04-19-05, 12:33 PM
http://www.nbc10.com/news/4054134/detail.html

Same Guy?

http://trueorbetter.blogspot.com/2005/02/do-it-yourself-cointelpro.html

Namvet67
04-19-05, 01:17 PM
airframes....i checked out trueorbetter.blogspot.com and it would appear to be the same guy. They say he has been forced to shut down the site from lots of different sources. Check this out....now he wants to sell the website to the highest bidder! What a jerk!

eddief
04-19-05, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by boham
Don't know if it will help, but I sent an E-mail to Michael Savage about this pathetic excuse for a website. E-mail is as follows:

You sent a right-wing lunatic an e-mail about a left-wing lunatic. Now that's funny.

eddief
04-19-05, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by gbudd
GunnyL....thanks for the research on the website. I'll pass it on. Eddief....he may not want the kind of attention he may receive! I understand the freedom of speech thing...however, i think this kid is pushing the envelope! No good can come from this (for him).

I can see that. Some of you are advocating violence on the nitwit. Two wrongs don't make a right.

SuNmAN
04-19-05, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by eddief

I can see that. Some of you are advocating violence on the nitwit. Two wrongs don't make a right. ;)

probably not. but if I could kick his ass I'd feel better